First time grower doing research

paul420

Im looking into doing a stealth grow within a month or two, I have done some research and I came across the gorilla grow tents. I was looking and I think a 5x5 would be perfect to do a few small grows with room for improvement, but im not sure what the best set up would be or how to even set it up so I can produce some very nice buds. I would like to yeild about a pound every few months or more so I can smoke and have some for family and friends if needed. This will be my first grow so id like to stick to soil before I jump straight into hydroponic system but what are things I would need because smell is the main thing im worried about. Id like to hear everyones opinoins and experiences with grow tents and how well they grew with what kind of setup

I have a 8x4 foot tent that we use for mothers and clones. As far as gorilla growing is concerned, well, I have always heard of it being done outdoors using the sun for their light and dependant on the seasons. If you were to grow outdoors with a tent you would still need your light(s). If you're looking to pull a pound from a 5x5, which is totally possible, you're gonna need a high powered light. A 500+ watt light. Right now I'm pulling just under a half gram per watt of juice. Do the math and a 1000 watt bulb is the way you'll get your pound. To cover that space with adequate light, you'll need a couple 500watt bulbs or1 1000 watt bulb. For smell, big issue with being discrete, you would want a carbon filter to go on your fan that's pulling the hot air out of the room (also essential). I'm not sure I have answered your question... Let me know if not. Also, different strains don't have as potent of a smell as others. Stay away from the diesels, they stank something fierce!

Yeah it did answer a few of my questions! My other questions would be on nutrients and soil. And would two carbon filters be better than one? Ive done quite a bit of research over the years on and off and have seen and read all kinds of stuff but now that my dream is turning into a reality I just want to make sure because I know there are many more products on the market. And more ways have been discovered to produce more potent and dense buds. I know my first grow or two might not be the best buds but id like to do everything right instead of a trial and error kind of thing.and I would be placing the tent indoors but where can I find high quality lights at good costs. And the actual set up ive read about co2 being used when flowering is this a must for indoor?

How much could I yield in a 5×5 tent if done correctly with what lights and do lights n fans run up electric bill by alot?

Yield is all dependent on to many variables. Hps gives good buds of tight structure but costs a fair bit to run. LED lights are cheaper in running cost and produce less heat but are way pricy! On a tent with a foot print of 5 by 5 foot id go with either a 6oo hps or a 400. I have both and use my 600 in my tent. My bills running one of my hps and all my CFLs for veg in a constant run of both comes to just over a 100 pounds a month, that's with the rest of my households use also.
Co2 production is simply a little bonus gift you can give your girls if you fancy it. There are far easier and more effective ways to get higher yield etc.
Drop by and read my Tutt Journal for ideas on training of plants etc.

Hope this helped a little my friend. Good growing to you in the future!

How much are you yielding a grow? Im going to check your journals out right now. I want to try a few different ways and see what works for me best. Smell is a big concern for me as my little cuzzin and nephew might have to stay with me the start of the new year and I dont want them smelling anything

Paul, your asking great questions. How many plants are you looking to grow at one time?
Yeah it did answer a few of my questions! My other questions would be on nutrients and soil. And would two carbon filters be better than one? Ive done quite a bit of research over the years on and off and have seen and read all kinds of stuff but now that my dream is turning into a reality I just want to make sure because I know there are many more products on the market. And more ways have been discovered to produce more potent and dense buds. I know my first grow or two might not be the best buds but id like to do everything right instead of a trial and error kind of thing.and I would be placing the tent indoors but where can I find high quality lights at good costs. And the actual set up ive read about co2 being used when flowering is this a must for indoor?

Well like I said Im going to get a 5x5 grow tent probably a gorilla grow tent. There nice sturdy and have very great reviews, id like to try between 4 and 6 big plants unless more smaller plants would yeild better but im also after quality also. Any suggestions? These are all questions i havnt stubled across in a while and id like to hear what actually growers use instead of a blog

In a 4x4 foot print I'm fitting 10 plants comfortably. Much more would be a little too crowded but I'm running a very bushy type of plant and I'm only growing them to about 2.5 - 3.0 feet. The strain combined with the light, growing method, nutrient selection, medium selection, amendment selection (if applicable), room temperature, relative humidity and how green your thumb is, are all factors when it comes to your final yield. Its so hard for even the most seasoned grower to predict for you. You just simply have to find what works best for you.
Let me tell you something about that. I tried growing DWC and I'm not about to knock that growing style (when dome right it takes a back seat to NOBODY) but it was not for me. I had way to many issues with it. I'm a soil dude and that's where I'm comfortable for now. The reason I say this to you is to let you know that just because something didn't work out for someone else doesn't mean it won't work like a charm for you and just because something worked out great for somebody else doesn't mean it'll work out so well for you. I know how this sounds because someone once told me the same thing and it kinda pissed me off. But after some time under the lights I learned that they were right. So my advice on this is to keep an open mind but don't just take a person's sordid for it. Collectively take in advice and come up with your own conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom