First time indoor grower queston ! please help

whodunit

ok im looking to grow a little bit of bud......very little
dont have to be the best weed just free weed lol

my home was destroyed in sandy so money is tight thus being my reason to grow again

im looking to grow 1 plant to yeild like 1 ounce or more

what is the best way to do this for the cheapest amount of money

im looking into a small led growlight if possible?? also maybe hooked up to some solar panels so dont run up the electric bill (i have a bunch in attic)

also has to be smell proof

any help will be awesome

links to any products will be cool too please help

You might be better off saveing money on your LED and using the money on nutrients.

you can make a hood for realy cheap and not sacrafice your wattage

23134.JPG

A168.JPG

if you only want to grow one plant you can use LST or SCROG trainning to make one plant give off more then a ounce if you do it right.

thanks for the reply ! i see now about making the hood great idea..

is that many cfls needed for 1 plant?? can i get away with 1-2 or one of these off ebay

E27 9W Mini Model High Power LED Grow Light Lamp for Flowering Plant Vegetables | eBay

im not lookin to grow killer weed i smoke regs on a daily basis (the brown hood project weed)

just looking to save a buck and not burn the electric bill

or somehow running the cfls off solar panels??? (last year i was trying to run the garden light solar panels in a series i had about 20 of them but was building a i phone charger) wasnt using it to grow

wondering if its possible to run a solar panel grow light to burn 0 electiricty on the bill

also was planning to grow the plant to about 12"-14" tall

thanks for the reply ! i see now about making the hood great idea..

is that many cfls needed for 1 plant?? can i get away with 1-2 or one of these off ebay

E27 9W Mini Model High Power LED Grow Light Lamp for Flowering Plant Vegetables | eBay

im not lookin to grow killer weed i smoke regs on a daily basis (the brown hood project weed)

just looking to save a buck and not burn the electric bill

or somehow running the cfls off solar panels??? (last year i was trying to run the garden light solar panels in a series i had about 20 of them but was building a i phone charger) wasnt using it to grow

wondering if its possible to run a solar panel grow light to burn 0 electiricty on the bill

also was planning to grow the plant to about 12"-14" tall

Definitely go the CFL route, that LED will be a waste of money.

thank you

are these regular cfl lights? or special type

and is 1-2 enough for a plant thats 12"-14" in height

last question is what is that adapter called for 2 light sockets that plug into a outlet

and need ideas on smell proofing

slow down my friend. you need to approach this in an orderly fashion.

first thing you need to do it set yourself a fixed budget, so you can desing a suitable grow area on paper. your asking for a lot, stealth zero smell, zero footprint on the electric grid.

how long is a piece of string my friend, tell us what you got to work with and we can really narrow it down for you =)

think about things like the ambient day and night temps of the place your growing, and what about sound concerns such as fans and filters. how big an area have you got to assign to a grow area and so on.

have you browsed our content for stealth PC case grows..that may give you some ideas to work with =)

Your right I'm thinking way ahead

Pc stealth sounds great I have an extra case laying around also
I haven't seen any but will search for the pc stealth

I'm guessing the temp would be around 65 degrees in winter and summer would be the tenpature of the day....

Anybody have any knowledge on solar panels powering a cfl?
Are these regular cfl like from Home Depot or special grow light cfl

And what to do about the smell

Thanks everybody for the replies

And budget for the project is minimal.

Hurricane sandy ate my life and everything I ever had

Dude if you use a light socket spliter and put 4-6 100w EQUIV (acualy only 26w or some shit) and add thos tho a 4x4x4 box you could grow just as dank weed as anyone and only put $20 on your bill (MAYBE) i was running lot more of that shit and bill barley went up. u dont have to worry about your electric footprint when your doing stelth grow like you want because you will never have the amount of wattage that would tip anyone off.... its like you left your tv and a light running (i do that shit anywho lol dont want people thinking im not home ; P)

Also light bulbs you can get from homedepot for like $8 for 4 pack, then like 50cents for the spliters. i would now focus on WHERE your going to grow and take some pics to upload and we can help with were to go from there, it is hard to do a stelth pc because controling temp is dificult in confind space and heat becomes a issue (in relation difficult to add lights)

if you get cfls you could be off the ground for under $30 easy

z30.JPG

Just using CFL (and T12 Florescents which is almost same lighting) grew in a week

zz5.JPG

I was planning on making like a 3x3 wooden box usin kills on inside of box

Needs to be discrete as I don't want my son findin it also dont want the place to stank either
Which is y I'd like to grow crap weed

Is 3x3 big enough I'm not looking to yield big amounts just want to save on my weekly ounce for like 2-3 weeks

I was planning on making like a 3x3 wooden box usin kills on inside of box

Needs to be discrete as I don't want my son findin it also dont want the place to stank either
Which is y I'd like to grow crap weed

Is 3x3 big enough I'm not looking to yield big amounts just want to save on my weekly ounce for like 2-3 weeks

No offence but

"Which is y I'd like to grow crap weed" to me is equivalent to a butcher saying he doesnt care how it tastes lol

But to each is his own i guess,

3x3x3 would be fine but ur going to want to get only 2-3 cfls, dont know if ur son is a punk and would break a lock but that is easy way to keep someone out of a box for sure.

Also stink is going to happen nomadder the grade of bud ur growing, u can look up many home made filters that were made for descreat grows, and are cheap too(under$50)

Back
Top Bottom