Need help. a lot please

so all the water i use im going to leave out 24 hours before to cure and mix in the molasses to a gallon of it and use to water only for the flowering cycle? ill grab 1 or 2 of the 5100k bulbs to start. and ive got the pots.

ive gotten pretty much everything down i need to know no! its just the ferts and nutes i have a little bit of trouble with now but not soo much. so i might just need a little help with which ones to use and maybe when.

and again my closet has this hidden space in the corner that is very space limited around a foot and half with width and length but about 5ft. tall. so my space again will be a problem when the plant gets wider..... but hopefully not too much a problem i only want it like 2 and a half or 3 ft.

update ontop of my last post: i bought the soil, i bought this stuff called "roots organic" its a natural and organic quality potting soil mixed with coco fiber, perlite, compost, mulch, worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal, fish bone neal, soybean meal, prilled rock phosphate, feather meal, greensand, leonardite, alfalfa meal, oyster shell flour, and glacial rock dust (the guy at the hydroponics store helped me pick this, and a bag of perlite). i had to leave the bag outside before i could sneak it in my house and it started pouring so hopefuly the soil isnt ruined or anything from the little holes in the bag the rain could get through.

so i got my space, my pots, my seeds, and my walls lined with foil because thats all i got now which i know isnt the best but im just improving till i can afford better, and all i need is my light bulbs which ill get the the 5100k or 6000k whatever the highest cfl bulbs i can find or hps bulbs incase because ive been told both kinds of bulbs are better than the other but i trust the cfl for now. and ive been told to start lighting when i plant the seed and been told to after the first 2-4 weeks so im not sure which to do? i also know i dont have pics yet, my little brother messed with my camera and screwed it up so it might be a couple days before i can get any up and show you guys the deal with my set up.:peace:

you may not want to use hps in such small an area....
that has bad idea all over it....if you were to use hps you would need a hell of a ventilation system and you would definately have problems with the plant getting to close to the light....you may just want to stick with cfls for now until you can move your grow into a much bigger space

also that soil mix sounds a lil too strong for some seedlings but sounds great for some mature plants

yea i had thought about it after i posted that message and realized how dumb it sounded to use the hps ones haha. but all i can use right now is that soil because i dont have any other type except for the outside and we all know its not the best idea. but what would happen if my soil is too strong and how could i fix the problem in the future? thanks xxupinsmokexx :rollit:

if your using seedlings, the nutes in the soil could burn it severly and maybe even kill it, it is just a seedling, really it doesnt need any nutes

but if your using rooted clones or plants week or 2 into veg, then the soil shouldnt be a problem

for your seedlings, just use ordinary potting soil with no nutes in it and maybe just add some perlite to it if needed then when its a couple weeks old move it into that other sol you purchased earlier with all the nutes in it

sounds good thanks for the tips guys. yea im using seedlings that were suppose to be northern lights but i think theyre just mids seeds..... so im probably just going to have to plant those until i can get real northern lights which i have people also looking for me. i originally was going to buy regular potting soil without any nutes but i told the guy in the hydro store i was growing a "nice plant" and he understood right away what i was saying and he suggested that soil that i had boughten with those nutes in it. ill have to wait till friday to get the right stuff when i get my check because im runnning low on money and still have to get 3 cfl bulbs and reflectors on ontop of the other soil now if i get it. much appreciated though upinsmoke! i might just experiment first with this soil incase so i wont have to spend the extra money right now and let you know how it goes but incase its a failure. if it was burning it i would look for the yellow spots on the leaves right? and by die do you mean the plant would just not even sprout out of the soil?

For cheap nutes you may want to look into OC+ (Osmocote +) or any other trf/crf.

There are a few threads on this site about them, cheap and easy. Just search OC+ or Osmocote and you'll find em.

thanks for the tip marley ill definitely check those out, the cheaper the better for me right now!

:thanks:

you can use your soil you already bought when the plants are big and mature, but for seedlings just buy an ordinary bag of potting soil its probably like $8 at the most,

and just because your seedlings may be mids, the smoke you produce will be far greater than that which the seeds came out of...and if you dont really have much experience under your belt its probably a better idea not to use "top quality" seeds yet, you do not want to waist your hard earned cash

ok i didnt think the regular soil would be that cheap since the 3 types of soils he suggested i use were around $25-$30 but now im not so worried, thank you. and yea im sure the my mids will be fine its just im not a huuuge fan of them dont get me wrong i like weed no matter what haha but i wanted to start out with maybe northern lights because ive been told by many people that theyre easy to grow and dont give off much of a smell and its a good bud. i dont wanna use a top quality seed yet for that reason m not experienced and i cant afford my house to reak if i wanna live in it haha.

again as i say in about every post thank you very much for the help. this site and all the people on it are more resourceful and helpful than could be imagined. toke on :rollit:

i dont think your getting the big picture here tho

in order to get mids, it was just simply a strain of good genetics grown in sub par conditions, if the grower had taken care of the plant as well as they should have, it would have been 50/8th quality

mids is just the good shit with seeds, and is usually not grown to full potential/ ripeness and not very well cured...thats why its not sold as top dollar and is thus labeled "mids"

if it were gorwn with no males around taking away the chances of having seeds, then grown to full potential and cured well, then you have the grade a shit

ooohhh ok i understand now. wow i feel pretty fucking dumb haha. i know a looot about weed minus the growing area (but im pretty familiar with it now), but i did not know that about mids, i honestly wasnt sure how it came out as dry and seedy and not so potent as it was but now that i know its not so bad im pretty pumped to start. thank for the insight my friend.

hey i just got back from home depot and bought 2 cfl bulbs, the extenders, and the reflector. im a little confused about the bulbs though because each one is a 120 volt "equivalent", has 3500 kelvins each so that adds to 7000, and 2100 lumens each which equals 4200. i just want to make sure this is ok for the beginning and veg cycle before i plant so i can return them for the right ones.

You need 5000k-6500k for veg
2700k for flower

yea i meant watts im sorry about that mix up. but yea i knew i needed the 5000-6500k's but i spent literally probably around 30-40 minutes in the fucking bulb aisle at home depot looking for the 5000-6500k's with enough wattage and lumens. the problem was all the bulbs that were good in one area sucked in another. like the wattage would be a low wattage like 20 watts and theyd be the 5000k's or they'd have 60 watts and be the 2700 k's or the bulb would let out such a little number of lumens. the bulbs on my last post i mentioned i got were the only ones closest to what i need home depot had for the veg cycle... that day at least. ill probably go back today and return these ones for better ones if i can find. im looking to just grab like 2 or 3 bulbs that are strong enough, i dont have enough space really for anymore.

thanks for the help guys :thanks:

got 4 new bulbs but one of the fuckers broke so i have to get one more tomorrow but im gonna start it tonight anyways. each is 100 watts, 5000 k's, and lets off 1750 lumens so i think im good now. ill try to take pictures with my phone tonight and put them up!

did you get those 100watters from home depot as well?

yea i returned the other ones i told you guys about yesterday and got the 4 100 watt, 5000 ks, 1750 lumens each bulbs. but when i said i broke 1 i meant 2..... so i only have 3500 lumens on my girl right now so fucking pissed about it but ive already planted my seed and everythings in place and ill buy 2 more bulbs again tomorrow. ill try and take pics now, i have to use my phone because my little brother broke my camera so no promises yet but ill figure it out. if it works dont make fun of me, my set up is pretty ghetto lol.

door9.jpg

this is what i used to close off the little space in the corner of my closet. i made an aluminum foil door for some reflection and left the rest of the white walls the way they are.

lamps.jpg

these are the two reflectors. each one has two cfls bulbs in it. each bulb is 23 watts ("100 watt equivalents"), 5000k's, 1750 lumens.

34102.jpg

one of the pics of my plant

3668.jpg

another pic of hopefuly "her"

im not sure why but if you can see in the pics of the plant, the stem is curved and at like a U shape if you can see. if anyone knows if this is a problem and how to fix help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom