Im a nub need help with all these acronyms

Ghosted

I know I know.... this is embarrassing, but Im extremely knew to all these new words and acronyms and cant seem to find out what they mean. I recently was given a Phototron 9 and Im not going to let it sit on my closet without being used, so Ive decided to attempt to grow. I know its a very complicated and delicate process but Ive got nothing but time on my hands so here we go!

Im sorry but im too lazy to look through the multiple growing threads Ive read to find all of the words and acronyms i dont understand, but if anyone can post any of them I would be a happy stoner :tokin:

Re: Im a nub :[ need help with all these acronyms

Well Ghost its kinda hard to even know where to start lol. People could have been talking about nutrients, lights, growing methods, there are so many things you would have to be more specific. Sorry i couldnt be of more help, but its nice to have you here. Check out my grow im in the beginning stages so you can follow and learn as it goes. There are more than likely thousands better than mine too haha so its all on you buddy. Have a good time

You have to be more clear:

Do your problems start with:

W
veg

or with:

pH
EC

or with:

SoG
ScroG

Or with all of em together? What do you NOT understand?

Well Ghost its kinda hard to even know where to start lol. People could have been talking about nutrients, lights, growing methods, there are so many things you would have to be more specific. Sorry i couldnt be of more help, but its nice to have you here. Check out my grow im in the beginning stages so you can follow and learn as it goes. There are more than likely thousands better than mine too haha so its all on you buddy. Have a good time

yeah i know im sorry its a very generic question. Ill check yours out, ive definitely been looking at people journals and its quite helpful but alot of it goes over my head. I guess i just need to do some more reading.

You have to be more clear:

Do your problems start with:

W
veg

or with:

pH
EC

or with:

SoG
ScroG

Or with all of em together? What do you NOT understand?

As i continue looking through more journals ill make a list of all the words and acronyms i dont understand. sorry about the lack of specificity

okay here is what i jotted down so far.... CFL, HPS, PM, lumens, flushing, DWC, TDS, PPM, Main Cola, LST, random ratios like 24/0 12/12 and 18/6, and last of all i dont get what those nut/shell looking things people grow in instead of dirt

Its the holidays...(hauls out the good xmas spoons)

= compact fluorescent light. ( like spiral type you buy at store, and even better.)

= High pressure sodium (really bright light, basically just like a street light or industrial warehouse bulbs)

= powdery mildew (gods way of telling you the humidity is too high in your grow)

= light intensity measure (5,000 to 10,000 per square foot at least to grow nice buds)

= watering with lots of plain water. (washes out the nutes from soil or medium)

= Deep water Culture. (a type of hydroponics)
=total dissolved solids (see ppm)
= parts per million (see tds)

Main Cola
= Main largest topmost bud (yummy!)

=low stress technique. (tying down plant to get more colas)

random ratios like 24/0 12/12 and 18/6
= light schedules (24 on/ 0 off, 12 on /12 off ect.)
and last of all i dont get what those nut/shell looking things people grow in instead of dirt
= hydro rocks. (like hydroton)

All that and much much more can be found in....

:reading420magazine::reading420magazine:How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know :reading420magazine::reading420magazine:

And best of all its available for the low low price of free-ninety-free!
:goodluck:

haha man thanks alot for that info, and yeah ive read through alot but still ran into terms that i didnt know so i felt like i need to post about it

okay here is what i jotted down so far.... CFL, HPS, PM, lumens, flushing, DWC, TDS, PPM, Main Cola, LST, random ratios like 24/0 12/12 and 18/6, and last of all i dont get what those nut/shell looking things people grow in instead of dirt

number 1 - google is your friend.

CFL - compact fluorescent lamp

HPS - high pressure sodium (a type of bulb commonly used for flowering)

MH - metal halide (a type of bulb commonly used for vegetative growth)

PM - powdery mold (something we DO NOT want in our garden)

lumens - a measure of light intensity

flushing - running only ph'd water through the system, or soil, to get rid of the imbalance of nutes or at the end of the budding cycle.

TDS - total dissolved solids (or salts), this calculated figure based on taking the EC (electro conductivity) and a multiplier. tds is measured in ppm, and the ppm can vary from different manufacturers depending on which calculation they use.

PPM - parts per million. commonly seen in measuring TDS and CO2 saturation

Main Cola - the main top bud of a plant that has not been topped or lst'd

LST - low stress training - a means of bending branches and tweaking how the plant will grow

random ratios like 24/0 12/12 and 18/6, - these are light cycles

24/0 - means leave the lights on 24 hours /day

18/6 - lights on for 18, off for 6, commonly used for vegetative cycle

12/12 - lights on for 12, off for 12, used during the budding cycle

how did I do?

thankyou thankyou some of your info was a bit clearer than the previous post. and believe me try googleing some of these terms, you will not get the answer your looking for haha. 1 last thing i saw is ebb and flow. if there are any other essential terms feel free to throw them at me

Ebb and Flow = the flowing back of the tide as the water returns to the sea (opposed to flood, flow)
a grower floods the plants and then the water ebbs away (drains)

I myself use 3 seperate Ebb and Flow Tables to grow Medical Marijuana in rockwool cubes.

+Rep to all, great questions and answers

Ebb and Flow = the flowing back of the tide as the water returns to the sea (opposed to flood, flow)
a grower floods the plants and then the water ebbs away (drains)

I myself use 3 seperate Ebb and Flow Tables to grow Medical Marijuana in rockwool cubes.

+Rep to all, great questions and answers

thankyou for the response, im new here and am glad to see everyone is friendly and willing to help out

Back
Top Bottom