Help would be very much appreciated

teachmeurways

hey everybody. im a complete amature and dont know so much yet, ive been doing research for the past few days so dont make fun of me or anything please. but this will be my first grow, im just doing it in my closet its just a little average sized closet. i dont have much money to spend right now so im just hoping i could get a little help and ideas on what ordinary house hold items i could use to throw in my closet. ive got a bunch of mid seeds from the weed itself from when ive bought bags and i have some northern lights seeds as well. im just curious pretty much if i can use everyday stuff and not have to use like different solutions and if i can only use water and still get a nice reslult. basically is there like a bulb or two i can stick with the whole time, a type of dirt i can stick with, how often to change the dirt if needed, how often to water, stuff like that. i know im a complete noob but with a little help ill learn this stuff fast.

well to be honest if this is your first grow you should no that if growing in a closet you will need some type of good lighting source such as a high presure sodium light or mh there are cheaper altarnitives i think it is possible with some floresent lights but i think that is only good for growing not budding and when you first start you will need a timer on the light set to 18 hours of light and 6 hours of dark that would be called the veg state and after mybe a couple of months you switch to 12 12 and that will be the start of the flowering satge if you are going to do it in dirt or soil i dont think you need to change the dirt just make sure to water the plant daily and you cant use miracle grow i dont no why but someone told me that its bad oh and you cant just plant a seed what you will have to do is germinate the seeds there are a number of ways you can do this but just look up how to germinate marijuana seeds so you can choose what products you have at homeyou can use. now if you dont really have a good light setup what i would say to do is wait untill april and start outdoor if you do it outdoor the plant could have potential to grow a few pounds if the strain of plant is right. i am sorry if the info dosent help i am some what new to growing ive had acouple of good grows in hydro indoor but hopefully this helps

no this is helpful i appreciate it very much. i am familiar with the germinating and a lot of the steps it takes but im just curious about a few things like the lighting and if those are the only 2 stages i need to worry abot, how much nutrients to add and when to add them, and when to water and what to put in the water if i have to. ive talked to a couple people also and they said i cant just water it and that i need to but some chemicals or nutes in it. everybodys also been telling me not to use miracle grow too but i do have this one friend working on his second plant and he he has a very simple set up that i checked out a couple days ago; he has his lighting set up i forget what kind of bulb just one of those hanging lamp ones on the roof of his closet, he has his little pot with the miracle grow in it, and i think he says he just plain waters it too once or twice a week. he does have a plant growing in it too it is about a foot and half tall and seems to be healthy and in good shape.

o yea i also dont have the gadgets to check like the ph level and the other levels of the soil and such. are they a must?

if you are doing it in soil or some sort of dirt you dont need nutes at all they just help if you have em and most people say its a must to check the ph but ive done 4 diffrent grows and ive never checked the ph ive just used plain water id say water it once every other day unless the soil drys real quick then id say once a day and if over time the leafs get a little yellow it means you are watering too much so just cut back a little but the more you grow the better you get and for your friend with it in miracle grow if its healthy thats good. but to be honest i have no idea why not to use miracle grow so if it works i guess you can try that mybe do some reserch on why not to use it and yes those are the only stages of lighting you need to worry about but as for nutes the soil is suppose to provide the nutes thats why when you do it in hydro you need nutes cuz it is in just water no soil so there is nothing to provide the nutes but i think if your in soil you will be good just watering
but try to get some sort of good soil from the store cuz i tried to use outdoor dirt and i ended up with bugs so yeah hopfully this helps

High teachmeurways,

I'm pretty new to indoor growing myself, but experience is the best teacher, ya know? :grinjoint:

Lots of low budget light rigs in grows here, and all over the internet. Maybe get some 6500K spiral daylight cfls and give it a shot? Post pics of your room and plants, ask questions like you're already doing, and the folks here will make sure you grow. Pretty friendly bunch. You'll love it. :rollit:

+reps for being interested

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom