My plants need serious help! Pictures in description!

RookieGrower420

Im a first time grower so im still learning. I jave 5 plants 2 different strains. Im using a 615 Watt CMH light fixture, in my closet so it gets really hot. The temp is about 106° my plants are yellowing and one of em isnt even growing. Ive read that it can be too much light, too much heat, needs calcium, nutrients etc. I just dont know how to diagnose the problem but imma take a wild guess that the tempature is the problem. I cant afford a portable a.c until next week BUT i have 3 lizard light fixtures with some LED bulbs so my question is can i just switch over to the LED bulbs and fixtures just to lay off some of that heat just until i get my portable AC? Will my plants get more stressed from me changing the type of lights? It might seem like a dumb question but i just need to know for sure! Will my plants be OKAY? PLEASE HELP!
20190426_182207.jpg
20190426_182110.jpg
20190426_182117.jpg
20190426_182125.jpg
20190426_182137.jpg
20190426_182143.jpg
20190426_182146.jpg
20190426_182155.jpg
20190426_182214.jpg

Attachments

• 20190426_182151.jpg
    20190426_182151.jpg
    831.4 KB · Views: 116
Way too hot i run a max temp of 80 F . In my experience plants dont like it more than 85 F and they slow down growing
Can you run just one bulb in the 630 cmh fixture ?
Go to the other lights until u get your a/c
Dont know much about the other lights so get your ac asap if you still want to use the light
Also may be nutes if giving what is recommended on bottle. I always start at 1/4 and increase over time

You ever see a lamp on top of a lizards cage? Thats basically what the other fixtures i have are. They have no ballast and throw off very little heat. I started my plants with the leds before i got the cmh. I just didnt know if me changing back to the leds would affect my plants in any way cause its a different light you know what i mean? I probably sound silly i just wanna try my best with this grow

You ever see a lamp on top of a lizards cage? Thats basically what the other fixtures i have are. They have no ballast and throw off very little heat. I started my plants with the leds before i got the cmh. I just didnt know if me changing back to the leds would affect my plants in any way cause its a different light you know what i mean? I probably sound silly i just wanna try my best with this grow
Changing back to leds shouldnt affect the plants that much should help them start to grow a little b etter

Hiya buddy what's going on here then?The bigger plant 3 pics from the bottom looks pretty healthy?
I don't see any upward curling or "taco" effect so I'd say it's not the lights or heat.
See how one of them has a big manky yellow leave at the bottom but the tops are fine. That's nutrient deficiency. If it was the light then the tops would fry first.
Could be caused by a mixture of things though.
Post your media, feed contents and strength, pH, and how often your watering and I might be able to figure it out for ya :)

Hiya buddy what's going on here then?The bigger plant 3 pics from the bottom looks pretty healthy?
I don't see any upward curling or "taco" effect so I'd say it's not the lights or heat.
See how one of them has a big manky yellow leave at the bottom but the tops are fine. That's nutrient deficiency. If it was the light then the tops would fry first.
Could be caused by a mixture of things though.
Post your media, feed contents and strength, pH, and how often your watering and I might be able to figure it out for ya :)

I dont know if you read the part that said the closet temp was 104° sometimes 106° but it looks like one of the plants are frying. So its my first time grow im going to start feeding them nutrients on my next water which should be in 2 more days. Other than that they havent gotten any nutes at all. I have 1 plant that looks reallt healthy. 3 of them are yellowing and 1 is yellowing and really droopy looking but im going to start giving more water. The nutes i have is something called Soil A and Soil B then i have cal-meg and silicon (idk how to spell it) but yes i would really love and appreciate all the help and advice i can get cause i really enjoy growing and i love my plants

Yeah that'll do you mate. Start off a quarter strength of what it says on the bottle. Give them a couple weeks to get used to it then upto half strength. You won't need more than that .Use the scillica exactly how it says on the bottle though. It's really strong stuff and will jump your pH upto around 9 so you'll need pH down and a decent pH meter before using it.

When reading the leaves, you'll be able to see better than we can from pictures,
Leaves curl up or "taco" is environmental stress. Light, heat or rh.
Leaves droop down is a problem at the root zone. Your in soil so that generally means too much or too little water. Only you will know which.
Leaves go wierd and twisty is a pH problem in the media. New growth sometimes comes out a bit wierd though so make sure it's not that before doing anything .
What you have is just deficits as you've not been feeding them.
Im a hydro grower so not sure what pH youre meant to feed at but plenty other guys be able to tell you. Gotta get the pH right or they won't be able to absorb what you feed them.
High temps isn't always a bad thing iether. Just depends, some strains love it, some hate it.

id like to agree with barney here in that it doesnt look like heat stress, dont listen me though im still learning too lol
i had to move 2 royal haze autos out of a tent into my showerroom, the extraction isnt ideal inthere and temps often get over 90f, not quite as extreme as yours, but i think sativas can handle higher temps easier anyway, just try to make sure lots of airflow so the air doesntget stagnant.

where do you sit your temp gauge also? if its in direct light it will give higher readings anyway, around canopy height but out of direct light is best placement.

i just quickly snapped a pic from the forum here which shows heat stress tendencies, the edges curl up and like barney said can curl up like a taco, i dont know that heat stresses cause the discolouration you are experienceing,
D865B382-6A5B-4E63-8D42-1D4EB3437B38.png

Back
Top Bottom