Be the GREEN

HeadMed

It's all real basic, but we all forget sometimes.

Some of us grow and need to hide use.

Some of us need to save money.

Some of us really want to do our best by the planet.

What are everyones best suggestions to hide and reduce energy consumption... These are the ones I can think of. I can really use some conservation/hiding help myself... how about you?

When the landlord comes over, turn on the A/C. (this tenant always runs the HVAC, now I know why the electricity is so freakin high,)

Avoid running HVAC systems at all other times.

When it's hot, wear less clothes. (great when the 420 girls stop by...)

When it's cold wear more clothes. (cold weather is a great reason to lower lights)

change all bulbs to CFL (be green dammit)

Turn lights off when leaving a room.

Instead of running the bathroom fan, leave the door open. (unless committing an act of bio-terrorism... then for the love of god shut the door.)

Run lights at night. (Unless you have a digital meter they are not supposed to be able to find out when you use the most energy... but some how they do. it freaks me out!)

Everything in your freaking house is now plugged into a surge protector huh? It's our new extension cord/octopus... lets us overload circuits. Turn them off at night... When it's dark turn the lights off in your living room and kitchen. See all of those little glowing red and green lights, telling you what time it is and where the power button is... Those are precious WATTS just glowing away.

Avoid electric appliances.
Stop using the hair dryer...

Avoid the toaster...

Get a coffee percolator or a French press (unless you have an electric stove then stay with Mr. coffee).

AVOID THE MICROWAVE evil machine anyway....

Back
Top Bottom