Beginner Nutrient Help

tomatofarmer

Welcome, I've got 3 plants ranging from 6 to 8", and they are 21 days old. I have no experience with nutrients and plant food other than fertilizing my lawn. I have done research but it seems even people with the same product still use different amounts and techniques when using it. Im looking for advice Im pretty limited to home depot and Walmart and am wondering what would a good option for me being a first time grower, and Im using straight soil so anything that would need to be flushed wouldn't be preferred. And are they ready for nutes/food?

Heres my setup:
Breaking My V-Card

Home depot has some Monterey fish/kelp/guano stuff in a bottle. It's pretty much organic. I would mix a half ounce of that stuff and 2 tablespoons of mollassess (any grocery store) into a gallon of water. I would mix it well and then let it sit 24 hours. This worked really well while I had them in veg. I use 5 gallon cloth pots. I'd give each plant a gallon of water when I feed/water which is every fourth day.

Now, I use Blue Planet Nutrients (BPN). The BPN is a complete nutrient mix which takes care of pretty much all your needs. My plants really prefer this stuff. You can buy a simple three part kit which comes with a gallon of Grow, a gallon of Bloom and a gallon of Micro. Thsi three part kit only costs 50 bucks. There is also a 7 part kit that costs 75 bucks. It adds a quart of Dark Matter, a quart of K-bloom, a quart of (can't remember) and a container of mycorrhizea. This is the best deal out there. Any one gallon of anything at my local hyrdroponics shop costs 50-60 bucks (mark up). The 7 part kit I bought will last me for several grows since you only use a tablespoon or two of stuff per gallon of water.

Same thing ...... fertilizer, nutrients and food are all just different ways to say the same thing. The Monterey will get you by while vegging. But, it just doesn't have all the other stuff your plants nees to flower well. It'll work. And, it'll grow pot. But, with better food/nutes you'll get better product.

So Homedepot nor walmart had shit, the best thing i could find that i've read about is 32oz bottle of alaskan fish fert but only has an NPK of 5-1-1. What is an ideal NPK? and should i get somthing else to suppliment the phosphorus and potassium? What i've read about alaskan fish fert is that it is a little weak.

Spend the 75 bucks and order Blue Planet Nutrients. You get a 7 part kit that has everything you need and it will last quite a while. They also have a 3 part kit of just the Grow, Bloom and Micro that is only 50 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom