Bending and pruning

What's the 411 on bending. I seen a plant bent over toward dirt and tied down how does this help and what is reason for choosing to do this?
Hi,
its just a form of Low Stress Training. A cannabis plant will typically grow in the shape of a Christmas tree. When you bend it over, (LST), you are changing its shape.. All new growth will grow upwards, instead of out then up, from the main stem. It will produce a flat canopy, making it shorter in height but more spread out. It let's each individual bud site get more light, which increases yields.
Search LST; there's loads of great articles on it. My explanation is pretty poor...

LST bending doesn’t slow the plant down for recovery but HST topping does. Generally speaking don’t top until you have about 5 nodes or pairs showing. Never top a weak plant… but yeah it’s faster to bend them no recovery

photoperiods can be transplanted multiple times with no problem

especially for new growers never top an auto it’s a pro move, never transplant an auto for same reason…. both can be done but you can also stunt the piss out of an auto

nope Squiggle nailed it once again!

The plant sends more growth hormones to the apex branches. Bending the plant makes for more top area for the growth hormones to go and hence every node along the bent branch will sprout new colas. Try it, super cool to see happen!
And in some cases topping the plant to slow it down is a good thing. What if she's starting to outgrow her veg tent because the girls in bloom are taking an extra few weeks to finish? What to do? Maybe pump the breaks with a little pruning to make some room AND benefit from extra colas down the road, sounds like a win to me. Oh, and then root the cuttings you just took in your propagation method of choice for more plants down the road!

nope Squiggle nailed it once again!
Thanks... but you are the master my friend. You always explain things in depth and in detail.
My explanations are still a little rough around the edges and normally incorrect :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom