Best cutting for the Best clone!

Red-Cricket

Howdy all, When choosing cuttings for future clones, How long should you be looking for? Max. length?....min length?... What diameter should the stem be? Can you go straight to soil when planting cuttings while using a dome? Should you restrict Nit. 1 wk before cloning? Mist daily 1 wk before cloning? I have some nice 4" branches on the bottoms that gets no light. They are over 1/8" in dia. Very strong and healthy. Growing Big Bud (fem). TKS! Red

I take cutting anytime in veg state 18 hours of light. Just make your cuts using a razor blade rinsed in alchol. Invest in a good root gel and they will turn out just fine. I make sure I have 2 leaf nodes in the gell below soil level. Your roots grow from the nodes.

I use a ezcloner now but used to root in seedling mix and gel. good luck hope this helps!
25 years experance rooting hard wood cuttings........

Try and select you best growing plant as your clone mother. I will rase 12 plants from seed to get the best mothers.

Hey Dude, Thanks for you help. Good tip on 2 nodes below surface. Growing Big Bud (fem) so i hope???.....im just starting my next crop..if all female??..(like the lable says) LOL the 1st crop has not flowered yet.. so if i bought good seeds...everything should be OK. Dude do YOU "shave" stalks before planting? Thanks Red

No never I dont split the stalk eather just adds a place for bacteria.......Besides all my roots come from the node I learned this by using a ezcloner, I get %100 on my cuttings every 4 months.

Back
Top Bottom