Best lighting solution for just a few DWC plants?

Rald

So I plan on buying 3 DWC units, I'm going to be new to DWC and most of the guides and grow journals of people growing using the DWC method don't really specify the specific light to plant ratio.
maybe I've been looking in the wrong places- a likely scenario as I'm fairly new to these forums...
...but anyway
I was curious to what the specific wattage and type of bulbs that would suit my 3 units the best. i need just what will be sufficient and nothing more as I'm on a bit of a budget, so I don't want to buy a 1000 watt if my plants would get enough light from a 600.
I really just don't know if plants grown in DWC units require more light or less.
:scratchinghead:
I plan on spending around 200 hundo for the light setup... could i get an LED light that cheap that would work well for growing 3 plants SOG? as I know those tend to cause the energy bill not to sky rocket. or should I invest in CFL HID MH HPS AHHH I JUST DON"T KNOW! just want to get whats best.
I have about a 3 by 5 foot rectangle to work with if this helps.

Lighting is usually chosen by the amount of area covered. For 15 square foot you need around 750 watts of HID lighting or 525 watts of LED. It's not likely that you will find a quality LED for 1/4th of your area is the $200 price range. You might be able to find a HID setup close to that price.

I still use cfl for veg 1 65 watt for 10 sqin When I flowered 125-18 sqin and got excellent results
leds are no good till you hit the $1000 sets which are amazing:peace:

so for veg keep it around 65watts/10sqin and once flowering begins up it to 125/18sqin?

Back
Top Bottom