Best MS Strains?

greencookie

I'm sure the answer depends on what your symptoms are - my worst symptom that I'm looking to Marijuana to ease is my spasticity, which I think means Sativa - But I don't mind a little Indica worked in there too.
I'm looking to grow for myself, so I'd really like to pick strains that will have the best result for what I consume.
Any wisdom from folks would be greatly appreciated!

I'm sure the answer depends on what your symptoms are - my worst symptom that I'm looking to Marijuana to ease is my spasticity, which I think means Sativa - But I don't mind a little Indica worked in there too.
I'm looking to grow for myself, so I'd really like to pick strains that will have the best result for what I consume.
Any wisdom from folks would be greatly appreciated!

I believe you are on the right track with the SATIVA. YOu are going to be looking for more of a body relaxation than a mental one. Of course, a really good hybrid would be great for you so I will recommend either an 80/20, 50/50 SATIVA/INDICA blend, or a 100% SATIVA for your ailment. Check out some strains like AK-47, White Rhino, and Strawberry Cough from various seed depots on the web or local.

~Good luck my friend and best wishes~

i thought sativas were for mental relief and indicas were for body relief?

I thought the same thing. I'm new to the MMJ thing, but I would hate to try a sativa and make the pain and spasticity that I deal with worse. A little clarification please?

Northern lights, afghani, white rhino. Look for strains high in CBD's and low in CBN's unless you want it for sleep because CBN's can make you tired. Best for ms is to make butter and food products. They last longer and you can find the right dose. I have dystonia which have similar effects.

Flipper

Northern lights, afghani, white rhino. Look for strains high in CBD's and low in CBN's unless you want it for sleep because CBN's can make you tired. Best for ms is to make butter and food products. They last longer and you can find the right dose. I have dystonia which have similar effects.

Flipper
I have been struggling with MS for fifteen years now and only recently discovered marijuana helps with muscle spasm's. I went from 2-3 hours of sleep every night for seven month's, to eight hours every night. Sativa is WRONG!!! You really need to think Indica for relief for MS symptoms.Sativa= anxiety, Indica=relaxed.

I have been struggling with MS for fifteen years now and only recently discovered marijuana helps with muscle spasm's. I went from 2-3 hours of sleep every night for seven month's, to eight hours every night. Sativa is WRONG!!! You really need to think Indica for relief for MS symptoms.Sativa= anxiety, Indica=relaxed.

I agree that Indica is Best for pain and spasms as I have been battling MS for over 18 yearS. good strains are harlequin, Cannitonic and there is a new one that would be the answer....AC/DC, 21% CBD and less than 1% THC. This is miracle answer for A lot of health issues!

for me, Indica is the only choice. I developed anxiety from Sativa's. No logic to it, only that I cannot smoke Sativa anymore. I smoked for years and then one day started having a real problem with Sativa's. I had to quit smoking for ten years and then heard about indica not having the same effects, but still helping with spasm's. Now I take one puff at night (Afghan) about an hour before bedtime and things are very good compared to without it. Biggest relief for symptoms of MS that I have found yet ( fifteen years). A true game changer for me. :thumb:

Okay, excuse my ignorance as well but I do have a family member with MS. I am finding numerous lists which simply highlight the strains based on popularity. However, I am looking for specifics on certain strains based on a medical condition. Any suggestions?

Well, I can speak about Afghan. It has a nice smooth, relaxed, groove. I often feel the spasms subside before I exhale. Sometimes it takes about five minutes, but it always seems to work for me. I don't seem to notice any pain relief from smoking ever. It helps me get to sleep at night and it helps with appetite also. I would also like to hear about other strains that could work for me with MS.

Okay, excuse my ignorance as well but I do have a family member with MS. I am finding numerous lists which simply highlight the strains based on popularity. However, I am looking for specifics on certain strains based on a medical condition. Any suggestions?

I have a family member with MS. Northern Lights works well for her. I fine I have to let it flower until I see amber for best results. She also likes New York City Diesel to help with sleep and spasticity.

Hi all just want to say that I am new to the weed world and want to learn also. Here is something I found on the internet that might interest you.Hybrids or cross-breeds of Indica and Sativa strains exhibit characteristics from both

types of cannabis. For some patients this offers an advantage, especially when medicating

with cannabis to relieve chronic pain, something for which both Indica and Sativa strains

are suitable. Combining Sativa genes with an Indica strain can aid mental clarity and

decrease sedative effects, while adding Indica to Sativa strains can lower the tendency of

pure Sativas to occasionally stimulate anxiety.
Most professionally bred cannabis seed-strains contain both Indica and Sativa genes.

Nice blend ! For MS this same blend in a concentrated cannabis oil only with as an example: 3/4 oz of Indica, 1/4 oz. of Harlequin/like dosed properly with no euphoric and work up to a 'cancer' dose for the win. (kills mutating cells). So many more healing benefits than smoking, btw, you can still smoke of course, but, dosed properly in the a.m., especially blended with Harlequin/like has the meds working the correct way. Just some info to digest. Peace

I find that Harliquin with a 3/2 ratio of CBD to THC works well for me. It takes care of the spasms as well as Providing pain relief for a chronic neck issue that I have.

A friend of mine with MS has been using oil made from unknown strains up to now, but we are going to be using Silver Surfer Haze (mostly Sativa) for work hours and Kosher Kush (mostly Indica) for evening. Should be making the oil in a couple weeks or slightly less, I'll report back with our findings.

Made oil with a 50/50 mix of Silver Surfer Haze and Kosher Kush for daytime use and 20/80 mix of same for night time. This mixture has proven effective for my friends treatment so far.

I have been use to the stuff I get, I call it junk weed. I have been 8 months babysitting my og kush and I took a hit on it and I'm say-in dang that's good. This is my first real grow and while it was growing,I kept feeding it molasses and it has taken on the sweet taste of the flavor I know so well.

Flipper
Flipper,

Do you have recipes for the butter and food products?

Lynn

For my MS I find I need something high in both THC and CBD. What is working well for me know is my Blue Blood. It is 15-20% THC and 10% CBD. I also just got some Herkle seeds. They are supposed to be a 1:1 CBD/THC Ratio and should be at 10% plus of each. I have not started the Hurkle yet. They only come in regular seeds so I will have to wait till I have room to pop at least 2 seeds. I have also started a Cali Jack (mostly for my friend who also has MS) because it is supposed to be great for eye and retina problems which she has. The AK48 and the Blue Blood that I have given her is healing her eyes according to her retinologist. Since she started on MMJ she has not had to get any shots in her eyes. She was getting them monthly for the last year or so until the last 2 or 3 visits.

Also, if you want to make oils or butter, the Magical Butter Machine is a must!!! I don't know what I did with out it!!

Back
Top Bottom