Best option between these Mars Hydro lights?

keith1975

The biggest problem where I stay, with regards to lights, is that we don't have the variety that you find in the US. Essentially you are limited to Mars Hydro or other Chinese brands like the Apollo lights that I have. And also, you are limited by the stock on hand. Many shops don't keep a lot of stock, so you often have to wait up to 3 months for stock.

I currently have 3 tents:
A) 1.2 x 2.4 m - 2 meter in height
B) 1.2 x 1.2 m - 2 meter in height
C) 1 x 1 m - 1.8 meter in height

And I have 6 x Apollo 8 Lights. I.e 6 of these:
Apollo 8 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light - 360W (256W True) | Buy online - Futurama.co.za

I am using 3 in A, 2 in B and 1 in C. But I'm thinking of moving 1 light from B back to A and the other one from B back to C, so that I have 4 lights in A and 2 lights in C. But 0 lights in B.

The idea then is to get a really decent light for B. And I would like your advice on what to get, please! :)

Like I said, we are rather limited with the type of lights available here. So my best options are:
Mars Option 1: Mars Reflector 192 LED - Online Hydroponics Shop - R8500
Mars Option 2: Mars II 1600 LED Grow Light - Online Hydroponics Shop - R13500

R8500 is about 612 USD and R13500 is about 972 USD.

So, let me know your thought out of the following options:

1. Buy Mars Option 1 for R8500 / 612 USD
2. Buy Mars Option 2 for R13500 / 972 USD

So the first part of the question is, which of these two is better for a 1.2 by 1.2 meter area? They both seem to be able to support such an area, so is it worth spending almost double for the second option?

Buying one of these Mars Hydro lights would be the easiest and quickest solution for me, but I would imagine most of you would say that for that kind of money, I could probably get a better deal. So the second part of my question is, let's say my budget is 1000 USD, and keeping in mind I don't live in the states, and I need a light that can cover my 1.2 by 1.2 meter tent with the absolute best lighting solution in that price range, what would you recommend? (If there is something even better for slightly more, please don't hesitate to mention it)

R13500 is a lot of money for a light, but I haven't tried Mars Hydro lights. Only the apollo lights. So if it's a decent step up then I might consider it. I want this 1.2 x 1.2 tent to be my first step towards t getting the best LED solution in there as possible.

Also, if there is a cheaper way to get Mars Hydro lights to South Africa, please let me know. I see in the states you guys pay: US$475.99. Which is almost half of what we pay. But then I have no idea how long it will take to get here, or if it will even get here safely.

Thanks!

Hi Keith,

I saw the price I know that you live in South Africa, too bad for now the shipping fee and the tax in your country is pretty high, that makes the light in a very high price. :(
For your question, the room B 4x4 area, I would suggest you use the Mars II 1600, it will have around 650w in total, which can help you get around 40w/sft, and which is pretty cool for your space. (Compare to your 4x8, which is 32w/sft; compare the reflector which will only get you around 30w/sft). The reflector series can get you enough coverage, but the light is not that strong, so won't get you very good result.

Also currently all of our Mars II lights are upgraded, the chips are without any lens, and there is no glass cover, so you will get more effecient light without worry about the light burn. Hope my suggestion is helpful!
Mars-II-1600-5.jpg

Hi Keith,
Mars II uses more chips, 324pcs chips so total is around 650w; this light has higher penetration, and more powerful;
While Reflector series uses 192pcs chips, which is around 420w, which is not that powerful, but with the reflector cup design, the coverage is ensured;
So if you are looking for a light that grow vegetables, or don't have high expectation for a 4x4 area, you can choose reflector 192; If you want great yeild from this light, need to use in a 3x3 or 3.5x3.5 area, because during flowering, you need strong lights and need to hang the light lower to get enough light, therefore, coverage will be less;
If you are looking for high yield, you need more powerful lights as Mars II 1600 or Mars Pro II Epistar 320 or more smaller lights that can have that kinda of wattage that meet 40~50w/sft.

Hope my explaination is clear. :)

Back
Top Bottom