How close to place Mars Hydro II 1600 Watt?

keith1975

I have 4 Mars Hydros. Unfortunately, 1 mars hydro doesn't quite cover 1.2 by 1.2 area. Which is one of the many reasons I am abandoning tents and turning my entire room into a grow room (as opposed to having tents inside the room). So what I intend to do now, is place two mars hydros next to each other. But how far apart?

If they really could cover 1.28 by 1.28, then it would make sense to have this:

12.png

But now I'm thinking this is the way to go:

123.png

Any thoughts on how to arrange these lights together to cover the biggest surface area?

I have 4 Mars Hydros. Unfortunately, 1 mars hydro doesn't quite cover 1.2 by 1.2 area. Which is one of the many reasons I am abandoning tents and turning my entire room into a grow room (as opposed to having tents inside the room). So what I intend to do now, is place two mars hydros next to each other. But how far apart?

12.png

123.png

Any thoughts on how to arrange these lights together to cover the biggest surface area?

Use a quantum meter, light meter or light meter app for your smart phone. It doesn't matter which, as we're not measuring the actual intensity. All we want to do is balance the light at the canopy.

Hang the lights on a bar that spans the area you want to cover 60cm (2') above the ground on 1.2m centers. Turn on one of the lights and take a reading under its center.

Now put the meter half way between the lights, and turn on the second light. Take a reading, and if it's higher than that directly under the light, move the lights apart. If it is lower, move the lights closer together. Repeat this step until you get as close as possible to the reading you got directly under the light.

You should repeat this at different heights, as the distance between the lights may be dependent on the height they are above the canopy.

12.png

123.png

the first picture is correct. We calculated the coverage area of a light based on the par value of the light. The coverage area of Mars II 1600 is 120x120cm, so the par value around it is also a par value to meet the needs of plant growth. So if you want to make the coverage area of the light larger, please do not overlap the coverage area of the two lights.

Back
Top Bottom