Best use of tent space

rocks911

Im now in my second grow. My first was a lark, just threw some seeds in soil and before I knew it I had a hobby. I threw everything but the kitchen sink in my first tent, it was a jungle.

Now I am more selective and have just 4 plants in my 2x4x5 tent. They are in 3 gallon cloth pots with Fox Farm soil. I have become pretty good in a short time at topping the girls to produce what I understand is termed a Mainline. My primary concern with just a 5' tent ceiling was to keep the girls short. Ive become good enough at that but now, obviously they are friggin bushes!

Ive had the sides of two of my girls (one Barmeys LSD and one GDP) just fall limp. I think from overcrowding. The sides of those two plants pushed up against the tent (with the exterior of that tent being near freezing) wilted overnight. Had to do some emergency trimming. It nearly makes me sick having to trim up wilted shoots, but the majority of the two affected plants are still doing great, just a circumstance of overcrowding, I think.

So now to the question, or questions. 4 Plants in 3 gallon cloth pots is my current configuration, what would 3 plants in 4 gallon cloth pots do for me? Or 4 plants in 5 gallon cloth pots?

I'm just looking for the optimum efficiency, I feel like Im growing too much for the space and it feels like something of a waste especially whehn I have to perform emergency surgery on dying limbs.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom