Choji

We get's no love down south, and we need it. A few night's ago I came home at around two o'clock in the morning shortly followed by the police. luckily they weren't beating my door down, but my neighbors weren't so lucky. At two o'clock in the morning cops came, claiming to have search warrant, and beat on the door of my Latin neighbors waking their kids, scaring a grandmother, and waking all of us who share this apartment building,and for what? to give a citation. nothing was found, no evidence was found, no one went to jail, ( i know all of this because the officers had to speak loudly and clearly so that the grandmother could understand why she was up at two o'clock in the morning). The accused got a citation from word of mouth. I know that there are cases where people are treated far more unjustly than this, but as it stands now I can no longer talk to my neighbors due to the fear of cannabis consumption. I repeat, I can no longer talk to the people that live next to me, who I share a washer and dryer with, who i share a building with, and who I share my home with, because there may be cannabis present.

Down here in the Bible Belt we love our cannabis. The mountains of North Carolina produce some of the best! But we are far behind these pot initiatives. There was a bill to legalize medicinal marijuana for the sickness of patients under the most stringent guidelines, and it failed in the North Carolina House of Representatives. News of the bill was kept quite before hand, and news of its failure was only determined through the process of elimination.

I get my cannabis news from 420 Magazine on a regular basis and the only southern state I really hear about is Florida. And as most southerners know, Florida really doesn't count. Not as a southern state anyway. But I do not blame the magazine, I blame us. We are Americans, and as the studies show we've probably consumed cannabis. But we don't speak up for our rights. We live in fear, below the Bible Belt, and that needs to change. So I shall start.

My name is Eric Fitzgerald Colvin II. I am an unrepentant cannabis user, and I am proud. Who wants to speak up with me? I no longer live in fear (and as a black man, that's saying something). I no longer fear their unjust policies. I no longer fear the ridicule. I want to stand for something much bigger than myself. I want patients to get their medicine, and I want honest people out of our prison system.

So, how many of those being whipped by the Bible Belt right now will speak up with me? Post your love, post your stories, become my neighbor, and we shall talk of great things, of a better world, of politics. Who will stand with me? Who will help me shut the west coast up and let the world know that we get stoned in the south too.

Peace and Love
~Choji

:ganjamon:

Who wants to speak up with me? I no longer live in fear (and as a black man, that's saying something). I no longer fear their unjust policies. I no longer fear the ridicule. I want to stand for something much bigger than myself. I want patients to get their medicine, and I want honest people out of our prison system.
Amen!
So, how many of those being whipped by the Bible Belt right now will speak up with me? Post your love, post your stories, become my neighbor, and we shall talk of great things, of a better world, of politics. Who will stand with me? Who will help me shut the west coast up and let the world know that we get stoned in the south too.

Peace and Love
~Choji
I don't leave in the bible belt. I live in the fear and ignorance zone. The Midwest.
I hear you loud and clear.
:thanks: for the rant.

coco

I agree brother! The Bible Belt needs to get with the 21st centry and they need the tax money on a positive outlook for the states.

Legalize it for the patients and happy/healthy citizens = happy/healthy workers!!!!

North Carolina,,, HOW ABOUT GEORGIA!!!! Now that is SOUTH and it is funny cause most of the deputies wear brown shirts,, sorta like in 1939 GERMANY... If you follow me.... GOOD LUCK

Well my N.C. brother.We were the very last state to get the lottery.probably the same with MM.This does truely sux as living here also have spent endless yrs incarcerated for WEED!:blunt:Well am glad u have seen our back wards ways an in time mayb after all those old asses get from congress we shall over come.U say u r a black man well i'm a long haired hippy(waist length )that gets treated 2nd class always when popo come's around an f**k's with us for some smell.So now i live way out of any loop an wait for the change to even b listened to_Our thoughts need to b seen an laws changed.SOON!
Well my southern brother stay safe.
Godspeed,
DnR

I'm sure glad to here that someone else here shares the same passion I do about the unjustified way we are treated down here in the "deep south"... I got chills reading this bro!

I have been talking about "bible belt" injustice for years now & I too am absoutly sick to death of the way we are hunted down like dogs down here in south GA...I mean, to the tune of blocking up the inerstate for 20 miles (I 185 in Columbus GA) just so they can profile certain people, make them pull over to the side & then commence to walk drug dogs around their cars in which they will tare their cars to pieces all over the shoulder of the road if they so much as catch a wiff of weed...even if their's no weed to be found. Why? so they can up their quota and over pack our jail's?

These enforcment agents are so millitant, with their fatuges and boonie hats, shot and machine guns on the ready...I truly believe they would have no problems with just puting us all up against a wall and gunning us all down exicution style.

I can't help but think they have adopted pages straight from the Nazi SS hand book...yet, the citizens in this part of the world live in so much fear, they won't say a word about it, they just accept it, like this is a normal way for law enforcment agents to act...WTF?

Here is a couple of steps we can take, even though, I'm not sure how much effect it really has;
1. put some card stock in your printer
2. Go to the NORML website, find the printable freedom card section, print out a copy for your self and for everyone you know.
3. Go back to NORML "take action" section then go to the "contact your reps" section and either send in their prewritten letter or, you can do what I do, which is erase their letter and write a letter to them in my own words expressing my own personal disconcerns. I always like to remind them "they work for us and we (the voters) hired them (voted them in) and we can damn sure fire them (vote them out)"
4. Send e-mail's to all your freinds (per the 6 e-mail slots provided by NORML) and urge them to take tha same action you just did, as well as tell everyone they know to do the same thing...and so on, and so on, basicly like a pyrimid effect.
5. You and your friends send these letters in at least once a week, every single week!

Like I said, I'm still not convinced of how much good all this does, but I personally always come away feeling good that at least I tried to make a difference :yahoo:

I like your attitude bro; NO FEAR! :welldone: :bravo: :nicethread:
My attitude is, I don't mind the bible, it's the belt that I have a problem with! It's cutting off our circulation! :peace: :420: ROCKS!!!

I dig 420 warrior. I'm going to try and get a flash mob going on 420, you should try it too in the G.A. mass numbers can be intimidating and persuasive. Remember, use your social media.

:high-five::party::rollit::hippy:remember, roll deep.:bongrip::popcorn::ganjamon:

Yea man, I'm ever so slightly getting optomistic about GA these days but I think I'll turn blue and die if I try to hold my breath for that long...but, yeehaw...I'm down for a rally in the "BIG A" YES SIR BUDDY!!! :yahoo:

:420: IS MY PEEPS :morenutes:THIS IS OUR BRAINS BEEING FILLED WITH KNOWLEDGE AND HOPE, LOL :peace:

Not worried so much about Bible Belt Tokers as I am over our lawmakers who ignore the wishes of the people who elected them to office and now make deals to keep MM out of the peoples hands.
Not all, but many police are corrupt as I speak from expirence on this here matter. Watched cops beat a man who was drunk so bad he needed over a hundred stitches in his head.
The best defense we have is our families, friends and coworkers. Let them know MM is helpful and can cure many illnesses (or take away pain) without side affects. Keep preaching to our associates about MM as well so we all know the truth.
:nicethread:

Not worried so much about Bible Belt Tokers as I am over our lawmakers who ignore the wishes of the people who elected them to office and now make deals to keep MM out of the peoples hands.
Not all, but many police are corrupt as I speak from expirence on this here matter. Watched cops beat a man who was drunk so bad he needed over a hundred stitches in his head.
The best defense we have is our families, friends and coworkers. Let them know MM is helpful and can cure many illnesses (or take away pain) without side affects. Keep preaching to our associates about MM as well so we all know the truth.
:nicethread:

My next move is to buy a ipad so that I can take my/our message "on the go" I think having 420 magazine in my hands right their to show my friends in person...kind of a "in your face approach, then I can do some serious recruting.

I can't stress this enough people...we need all hands on deck for this last push to freedom!! (insert smilie; solders in pot leaf t-shirts standing together ready to fight the system through knowledge!) :peace::420: Teaching Awareness

My next computer will be mobile and wireless so that I can spread our message with a more interactive approach...kinda' like a traveling advocate if you will.

We must...I repeat, MUST get our friends on board, PEROID!

After 3-4 years of doing this, I have found that people are either too scared or just do'nt care about getting involved...why, I do'nt know, when they love the herb so much?

Most of my 420magazine activity is done from my phone using forum runner. Its the only apparently I've paid for, it was worth it. Now I can share the articles and information as I'm reading it. I do believe social media can completely change the landscape of this battle. You can show people the progress and research that the major news outlets ignore.

Most of my 420magazine activity is done from my phone using forum runner. Its the only apparently I've paid for, it was worth it. Now I can share the articles and information as I'm reading it. I do believe social media can completely change the landscape of this battle. You can show people the progress and research that the major news outlets ignore.

Good man! Now get your friends on board asap as we need to teach EVERYONE! :welldone:

iv had a texas cop (as iv posted in anouther section of the forum) overlook the weed in my car, and take me to jail for a legit tobacco pipe which never had cannabis smoked out of it, along with steal my ipod. like, no shit, he took my ipod and pocketed it, and i never saw it again.

Back in the late 70's the police in a city I lived bragged about pulling over some of my friends, writing them up and taking their bag of herb. Myself, while working at supermarket watched the police come in, buy beer and a playboy then go back to their squad car and drink, read under the parking lot lights. Besides the everyday getting hassled, threathened (had long hair) by them I tried to stay clear of them. The moral of the story is, the po-po are people like you and me, subject to greed and corruption like you and me.

Back
Top Bottom