Bible Belt

It says don't be drunk on wine (and I think that's for men who would be deacons in the church). Other than that I guess the sky's the limit. So...there is no Biblical prohibition on Cannabis, only encouragement. :peace:

yep, its for deacons (church leaders)

this is in the old testament:

Proverbs 31:6
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

there are other similar verses but i really don't feel like looking for them. its been my experience that you can find something to back up almost anything using the bible.

I believe Yeshua gave us every herb for our benefit , to use for food, medicine, ect, even spiritual growth perhaps. jus my opinion. Peace to you all!

The modern Christian church says getting intoxicated with anything is a "sin". This is based on the church's beliefs (the beliefs of man), and not on actual Scripture, or the teachings of Jesus Christ whom most modern day "Christians" claim to follow.

There is historical evidence to suggest that "the anointing with oil" that is mentioned in the Bible is referring to an oil infused with various herbs, including Cannabis that was absorbed through the skin.

I was raised in the Bible belt (West Texas), the worst type of people are there. Their mindset is, "If you don't believe as we do and hold the same values and morels as we do, then we will force you to, or we will persecute you."

If Jesus Christ were alive today the modern church would call him a pagan and a blasphemer and would seek the death penalty all over again.

The modern Christian church says getting intoxicated with anything is a "sin". This is based on the church's beliefs (the beliefs of man), and not on actual Scripture, or the teachings of Jesus Christ whom most modern day "Christians" claim to follow.

There is historical evidence to suggest that "the anointing with oil" that is mentioned in the Bible is referring to an oil infused with various herbs, including Cannabis that was absorbed through the skin.

I was raised in the Bible belt (West Texas), the worst type of people are there. Their mindset is, "If you don't believe as we do and hold the same values and morels as we do, then we will force you to, or we will persecute you."

If Jesus Christ were alive today the modern church would call him a pagan and a blasphemer and would seek the death penalty all over again.

I agree completly, Yeshua (thats his real hebrew name) created the Herb for our benefit and never said we should not use it! There is a lot of misinformation and man made doctrines in christianity today, that why I left and became a messianic believer. Most of christianity is nothing more than watered down catholicism....they even admit to changing the sabbath from saturday to sunday, there is a lot more to say but ill leave it here. Peace to all and dont throw the baby out with the bath water if you know what i mean. :cool:

I made the mistake of moving to the absolute buckle of the bible belt. I'm going nuts surrounded by the most closed minded, boring souls on the planet. Fortunately, Mother Herb keeps things in perspective along with a few local heads to toke up with.

Dude we must be neighbors :bong:

Being in the Bible Belt. Is smoking pot a sin? What does god think of smoking pot?

Think its better than drinking myself, and dont feel bad about smoking it.

But thinking religiously, what does God think?

What if god smoked cannibus?

Weed is from the Earth, he put this here for me and you.

Blah Blah, Sinners your going to hell crap.

Jah Rasta says it is a part of their religion but not sure about the whole religion and its old testiment speakings.

Babylon is falling. Love Peace and War

There is an old maxim that says, "When in Rome...do what the Romans do!"

You see I grew up right here in the so-called "Bible-Belt!" I am old enough to remember, when I attended NCSU, that Raleigh, NC (and surrounding areas) had what they called "Blue-Laws" which stated that you could not legally buy or sell anything except food on Sunday! This was less than thirty (30) years ago. It didn't end until about the mid-to-late 90's.

Therefore, I have and still do let every Bible-thumper know the truth about cannabis according to the Bible and, since it is His Word, the Almighty! You must always understand that the truth is relative to the one that believes and/or states it. So, another maxim, fight fire with fire...it's the only way to smoke! However, you will have to get rid of the stinkin' thinkin' of nominal religion and understand that when you separate "The Law, Prophets, Psalms, and Proverbs," that which is commonly called the Old Testament, from the that which is called the New Testament you have nothing! The Old Testament can stand without the New Testament, but he New Testament cannot stand without the Old Testament for one very simple reason...the New Testament quotes from the Old Testament (and that is a one way street, the Old doesn't quote the New)!

With that said just tell the Bible-thumpers the following:

"Elohim said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: cattle, creeping things, and wild animals, each according to its kind." It was so. Elohim made the wild animals according to their kinds, the cattle according to their kinds, and all the creatures that creep along the ground according to their kinds. Elohim saw that it was good. Then Elohim said, "Let us make mankind in our image, after our likeness, so they may rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move on the earth." Elohim created mankind in his own image, in the image of Elohim he created them, male and female he created them. Elohim blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply! Fill the earth and subdue it! Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and every creature that moves on the ground." Then Elohim said, "I now give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the entire earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the animals of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to all the creatures that move on the ground–everything that has the breath of life in it–(I give) every green plant for food." It was so. Elohim saw all that he had made–and it was very good! There was evening, and there was morning, the sixth day." --Genesis 1:24 - 31.

With this understanding I hope anyone can see that if one part (word) is a lie...then it's all a lie!

""You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor' and 'hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be like your Father in heaven, since he causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Even the tax collectors do the same, don't they? And if you only greet your brothers, what more do you do? Even the Gentiles do the same, don't they? So then, be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." -- Matthew 5:43 - 48.

"Love does no wrong to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." -- Romans 13:10.

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but I do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away everything I own, and if I give over my body in order to boast, but do not have love, I receive no benefit. Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious. Love does not brag, it is not puffed up. It is not rude, it is not self-serving, it is not easily angered or resentful. It is not glad about injustice, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. But if there are prophecies, they will be set aside; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be set aside. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part, but when what is perfect comes, the partial will be set aside. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. But when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. For now we see in a mirror indirectly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, just as I have been fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." -- I Corinthians 13:1 - 13.

"My brothers and sisters, do not show prejudice if you possess faith in our glorious Savior Yahshua the Messiah. For if someone comes into your assembly wearing a gold ring and fine clothing, and a poor person enters in filthy clothes, do you pay attention to the one who is finely dressed and say, "You sit here in a good place," and to the poor person, "You stand over there," or "Sit on the floor"? If so, have you not made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil motives? Listen, my dear brothers and sisters! Did not Yahweh choose the poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom that he promised to those who love him? But you have dishonored the poor! Are not the rich oppressing you and dragging you into the courts? Do they not blaspheme the good name of the one you belong to? But if you fulfill the royal law as expressed in this scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing well. But if you show prejudice, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as violators. For the one who obeys the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it. For he who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder." Now if you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a violator of the law. Speak and act as those who will be judged by a law that gives freedom. For judgment is merciless for the one who has shown no mercy. But mercy triumphs over judgment." -- Jacob (James) 2:1 - 13.

""Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For by the standard you judge you will be judged, and the measure you use will be the measure you receive. Why do you see the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to see the beam of wood in your own? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye,' while there is a beam in your own? You hypocrite! First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. Do not give what is holy to dogs or throw your pearls before pigs; otherwise they will trample them under their feet and turn around and tear you to pieces." -- Matthew 7:1 - 6.

"Now receive the one who is weak in the faith, and do not have disputes over differing opinions. One person believes in eating everything, but the weak person eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not despise the one who does not, and the one who abstains must not judge the one who eats everything, for Yahweh has accepted him. Who are you to pass judgment on another's servant? Before his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for Yahweh is able to make him stand. One person regards one day holier than other days, and another regards them all alike. Each must be fully convinced in his own mind. The one who observes the day does it for Yahweh. The one who eats, eats for Yahweh because he gives thanks to Yahweh, and the one who abstains from eating abstains for Yahweh, and he gives thanks to Yahweh. For none of us lives for himself and none dies for himself. If we live, we live for Yahweh; if we die, we die for Yahweh. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are Yahweh's. For this reason the Messiah died and returned to life, so that he may be the Sovereign of both the dead and the living. But you who eat vegetables only–why do you judge your brother or sister? And you who eat everything–why do you despise your brother or sister? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of Yahweh. For it is written, "As I live, says Yahweh, every knee will bow to me, and every tongue will give praise to Elohim." Therefore, each of us will give an account of himself to Yahweh. Therefore we must not pass judgment on one another, but rather determine never to place an obstacle or a trap before a brother or sister. I know and am convinced in the Sovereign Yahshua that there is nothing unclean in itself; still, it is unclean to the one who considers it unclean. For if your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy by your food someone for whom the Messiah died. Therefore do not let what you consider good be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of Yahweh does not consist of food and drink, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. For the one who serves the Messiah in this way is pleasing to Yahweh and approved by people. So then, let us pursue what makes for peace and for building up one another. Do not destroy the work of Yahweh for the sake of food. For although all things are clean, it is wrong to cause anyone to stumble by what you eat. It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything that causes your brother to stumble. The faith you have, keep to yourself before Yahweh. Blessed is the one who does not judge himself by what he approves. But the man who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not do so from faith, and whatever is not from faith is sin." -- Romans 14.

The truth is very simple. Truth is relative to the one or the many that perceive it. We all have a choice, we can remain blinded by the misconceptions of nominal religion or we can take the red pill and see the man or truth behind the curtain! The truth is that we are all free to partake of everything that comes from the earth as long as we do not judge ourselves and others! For it is so very sad that so many remain in the darkness that causes us to see that the emperor is naked. We all need to be like children and accept everything through the eyes of love (the action, not the corrupt thing that man has come to believe that it is).:ganjamon:

I also live in the Bible belt (Tennessee). I could care less what any church people say because I'm an Atheist. But even for Christians smoking pot isn't against any "rules." Except I think there's one about treating your body like a temple or something of that sort, but then I guess we need to get rid of McDonald's, automobiles, and all other things that can cause harm.

I wasnt aware of any "Harm" that is caused by pot....in fact there are a lot reasons that its good for you, like killing cancer cells ect. can you tell me how using pot is bad or harmful? I believe Yeshua made the herbs for us to use...Shalom! :ganjamon:

You see I grew up right here in the so-called "Bible-Belt!" I am old enough to remember, when I attended NCSU, that Raleigh, NC (and surrounding areas) had what they called "Blue-Laws" which stated that you could not legally buy or sell anything except food on Sunday! This was less than thirty (30) years ago. It didn't end until about the mid-to-late 90's.

Therefore, I have and still do let every Bible-thumper know the truth about cannabis according to the Bible and, since it is His Word, the Almighty! You must always understand that the truth is relative to the one that believes and/or states it. So, another maxim, fight fire with fire...it's the only way to smoke! However, you will have to get rid of the stinkin' thinkin' of nominal religion and understand that when you separate "The Law, Prophets, Psalms, and Proverbs," that which is commonly called the Old Testament, from the that which is called the New Testament you have nothing! The Old Testament can stand without the New Testament, but he New Testament cannot stand without the Old Testament for one very simple reason...the New Testament quotes from the Old Testament (and that is a one way street, the Old doesn't quote the New)!

With that said just tell the Bible-thumpers the following:

"Elohim said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: cattle, creeping things, and wild animals, each according to its kind." It was so. Elohim made the wild animals according to their kinds, the cattle according to their kinds, and all the creatures that creep along the ground according to their kinds. Elohim saw that it was good. Then Elohim said, "Let us make mankind in our image, after our likeness, so they may rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move on the earth." Elohim created mankind in his own image, in the image of Elohim he created them, male and female he created them. Elohim blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply! Fill the earth and subdue it! Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and every creature that moves on the ground." Then Elohim said, "I now give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the entire earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the animals of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to all the creatures that move on the ground–everything that has the breath of life in it–(I give) every green plant for food." It was so. Elohim saw all that he had made–and it was very good! There was evening, and there was morning, the sixth day." --Genesis 1:24 - 31.

With this understanding I hope anyone can see that if one part (word) is a lie...then it's all a lie!

""You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor' and 'hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be like your Father in heaven, since he causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Even the tax collectors do the same, don't they? And if you only greet your brothers, what more do you do? Even the Gentiles do the same, don't they? So then, be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." -- Matthew 5:43 - 48.

"Love does no wrong to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." -- Romans 13:10.

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but I do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away everything I own, and if I give over my body in order to boast, but do not have love, I receive no benefit. Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious. Love does not brag, it is not puffed up. It is not rude, it is not self-serving, it is not easily angered or resentful. It is not glad about injustice, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. But if there are prophecies, they will be set aside; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be set aside. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part, but when what is perfect comes, the partial will be set aside. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. But when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. For now we see in a mirror indirectly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, just as I have been fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." -- I Corinthians 13:1 - 13.

"My brothers and sisters, do not show prejudice if you possess faith in our glorious Savior Yahshua the Messiah. For if someone comes into your assembly wearing a gold ring and fine clothing, and a poor person enters in filthy clothes, do you pay attention to the one who is finely dressed and say, "You sit here in a good place," and to the poor person, "You stand over there," or "Sit on the floor"? If so, have you not made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil motives? Listen, my dear brothers and sisters! Did not Yahweh choose the poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom that he promised to those who love him? But you have dishonored the poor! Are not the rich oppressing you and dragging you into the courts? Do they not blaspheme the good name of the one you belong to? But if you fulfill the royal law as expressed in this scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing well. But if you show prejudice, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as violators. For the one who obeys the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it. For he who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder." Now if you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a violator of the law. Speak and act as those who will be judged by a law that gives freedom. For judgment is merciless for the one who has shown no mercy. But mercy triumphs over judgment." -- Jacob (James) 2:1 - 13.

""Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For by the standard you judge you will be judged, and the measure you use will be the measure you receive. Why do you see the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to see the beam of wood in your own? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye,' while there is a beam in your own? You hypocrite! First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. Do not give what is holy to dogs or throw your pearls before pigs; otherwise they will trample them under their feet and turn around and tear you to pieces." -- Matthew 7:1 - 6.

"Now receive the one who is weak in the faith, and do not have disputes over differing opinions. One person believes in eating everything, but the weak person eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not despise the one who does not, and the one who abstains must not judge the one who eats everything, for Yahweh has accepted him. Who are you to pass judgment on another's servant? Before his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for Yahweh is able to make him stand. One person regards one day holier than other days, and another regards them all alike. Each must be fully convinced in his own mind. The one who observes the day does it for Yahweh. The one who eats, eats for Yahweh because he gives thanks to Yahweh, and the one who abstains from eating abstains for Yahweh, and he gives thanks to Yahweh. For none of us lives for himself and none dies for himself. If we live, we live for Yahweh; if we die, we die for Yahweh. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are Yahweh's. For this reason the Messiah died and returned to life, so that he may be the Sovereign of both the dead and the living. But you who eat vegetables only–why do you judge your brother or sister? And you who eat everything–why do you despise your brother or sister? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of Yahweh. For it is written, "As I live, says Yahweh, every knee will bow to me, and every tongue will give praise to Elohim." Therefore, each of us will give an account of himself to Yahweh. Therefore we must not pass judgment on one another, but rather determine never to place an obstacle or a trap before a brother or sister. I know and am convinced in the Sovereign Yahshua that there is nothing unclean in itself; still, it is unclean to the one who considers it unclean. For if your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy by your food someone for whom the Messiah died. Therefore do not let what you consider good be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of Yahweh does not consist of food and drink, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. For the one who serves the Messiah in this way is pleasing to Yahweh and approved by people. So then, let us pursue what makes for peace and for building up one another. Do not destroy the work of Yahweh for the sake of food. For although all things are clean, it is wrong to cause anyone to stumble by what you eat. It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything that causes your brother to stumble. The faith you have, keep to yourself before Yahweh. Blessed is the one who does not judge himself by what he approves. But the man who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not do so from faith, and whatever is not from faith is sin." -- Romans 14.

The truth is very simple. Truth is relative to the one or the many that perceive it. We all have a choice, we can remain blinded by the misconceptions of nominal religion or we can take the red pill and see the man or truth behind the curtain! The truth is that we are all free to partake of everything that comes from the earth as long as we do not judge ourselves and others! For it is so very sad that so many remain in the darkness that causes us to see that the emperor is naked. We all need to be like children and accept everything through the eyes of love (the action, not the corrupt thing that man has come to believe that it is).:ganjamon:

no disrespect, but someone musta put a coin in your slot.....:goof:

I grew up southern WV. You've got three generations of outdoor weed-farmers and an economy that depends heavily on it. There are a lot of growers in the pews Sunday mornings.

Of course we tolerate snake handling in church here too. The only state in the Union where the right to drink strychnine and handle rattlers in church is protected by state law.

Hmmmmm........ I should move back to the old home state and start a weed church. If they'll go for snakes and strychnine,weed is a piece of cake.

For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts. (Malachi 1:11)

"Gentiles" and "heathen" are both from the Hebrew word goy, meaning a foreign nation; hence a Gentile (that is, non-Jew).

Waddaya think the biblical incense is?

I agree! Weed is not a sin, it's a blessing! Religious hypocrites have given weed a bad wrap. They take all kinds of prescribed, chemically engineered potions without even knowing what they're putting in their bodies, and then turn around and make other people feel like they're going to hell for enjoying a plant that God put on the earth to bless us. That's absurd! God loves people. He gave us the earth to enjoy without guilt or condemnation. Check out this letter. It's incredible and so true!
Christian Weed?

I doubt it was cannabis that this parable was referring to as such. It was probably something really stinky like frankensence.

Frankincense, myrrh, cinnamon, and "keneh bosem"(cannabis) Look up Zoroastrianism. It's the Old Testament's Old Testament. The Magi who attend the birth of Christ were Zoroastrian priests. There's a central sacrament in Zoroastrianism culture called "haoma" which according to the Avesta (the Zoroastrian Bible) is a tall, fragrant greenish-gold plant with leaves, stems and fiber-one that grows like a weed, possesses healing powers, and stimulates awareness and sensuality without negative side effects. According to author Chris Bennett in an article in Feb 2003 High Times, in Exodus 30;23 in the Dead Sea Scrolls is the recipe for annointing oil. Moses was instructed by God emanating from a burning bush to mix myrrh, cinnamon and "250 shekels of keneh bosem" into the equivalent of 1 1/2 gallon of olive oil. BUT the Scrolls were "altered" when written as the Holy Bible and keneh bosum was replaced with calamus and cassia. Research Zoroastrianism a little. Also the Sakas or Scythians. It'll really open yer eyes, as far as God giving us Cannabis and calling it good and power hungry "men" taking your rights away. It might stimulate " AWARENESS "

Good info, Skycowboy.

"Frankincense" in Hebrew is Lebonah
"Myrrh" is Mor
"Stacte" is Nanaph
"Onycha" is Shechaleth
"Galbanum" is Chelbenah
"Sweet Spices" is Sam
"Spice" and "Spices" is Besem or Bosem
"Incense" is Qetoreth
"Sweet incense" is Qetoreth Sam
"Calamus" is Qaneh
"Sweet Calamus" is Qaneh bosem or Qaneh besem: Cannabis.

Totally amazing how "man" changes words and writings to suit agendas. In Webster's New World Dictionary, 3rd college edition, calamus is defined as " a stalk, reed,stubble" and 1 Sweet Flag 2 any of a genus of climbing palms of the Old World that yield rattan 3 the quill of a feather. duh, if we just move this and change that we can get what we want and they will never know,,,in a few years, yea it'll take time

I live in the belt buckle too. Sometimes i feel like there is a witch hunt out for 420 users... but at the same time most of the people I know smoke. And not just my friends, people that i just meet randomly, if we get into the topic of 420 they'll admit to smoking. It's crazy that so many people do it but there is a 'war' on it

:ganjamon:K well first things first Jesus was the one in the Bible that turned water into wine at a wedding party, and if your going into the bible for its thing on weed you can look into the old testament, the excat location i cant remember but there was a man who was suffering from extream pain and the Lord himself said "consume the herb of the earth" back then you had hooka and Weed(eadibles, hash, ect ect). over lots of time is has been said that the first plant to grow off king soloman's tomb was a ganja plant, and still more over the only thing the bible says that can be used agains it is obay the laws of the land(in which case if you live in a state that it is legal for med and you have your card like me you dont even have to feel bad on that) and it says to never use anything in glutiny. plain and simple gods chill with it im sure:):thanks: :roorrip:

Could not have said it better myself.:smokin:

What is the Bible belt??? Sorry if this is a stupid Q.

The bible belt is the middle and southern parts of the USA where superstitions still rule the minds of many people.

WillyB

Back
Top Bottom