Big trouble in little tokyo!

Barneby1

is a good movie. but seriously. i have a problem and i'm not quite sure what it is. i looked through the problem solver sticky thread and couldnt identify...

3 plants. all the same strain (cut from same mother). i only see this on one of them...

uhoh.jpg

It almost looks like over-watering, but i feed all plants the same amount and this one is actually the largest and seems to be developing the best.

I didn't check my PH last time because i need to calibrate my meter but i used to same amount of PH down i have been for the duration of this grow...but wouldn't that affect all of them?

Only seems to be happening to the very top of the plant. is it getting too hot? i have an intake cut fairly low on the box and im wondering if its not getting enough air flow up there...

help my babies! help my babies!

Ran my own little diagnostics check and am pretty sure i've determined the problem!

It's too hot on the canopy and more specifically the areas closest to the lights. Just using CFL's but apparently they are giving off enough heat to do some damage to the areas closest to them. Both of the other plants over the past several hours have a few leaves near the lights doing the same droopy thing...unfortunatly i've seen the same look when i tried my outside grow and temps got too high. i was afraid that was the problem to begin with :(

Going to be covering up the original intake and punching 2 smaller holes just above the canopy line on both sides of the box to get some fresh air running across them. Hopefully that'll resolve my little dilema :(

Edit: I see a lot of people using pc fans to move some air. Would i need to go buy a PC power supply to get those to run or are there special adapters out there to convert it? i can't seem to find them if that is infact the case.

PC fans are mostly 12 volts dc, some are 5v, you can use a wall watt 12v to run them but you would be better off buying a 110v fan.
br

I would leave the intake alone,, at the bottom,, to get the most circulation,, and add a small fan blowing over the tops to keep them cool..

either a small 110v fan,, or if you use a pc fan, then get a regular old dc power brick from an old electronic device..

pc fans are (for the most part) 12 v,, if you use a 12v transformer, it will run at full speed,,, if you use a 9v, it will run a little slower, and be quieter..

don't worry about wriing the wrong way,, if you reverse the power, it will (usually) not run,,,

Thanks brayness and Zen!

guess it's off to find myself a little 110v fan then. i think i saw a small oscillating wall mountable fan for dirt cheap at wally-world a few weeks ago. I'm sure it will burn out before the grow is over...but seems like it should do the trick till then.

My babies and i appreciate your help! :)

hah i guess that could be taken a few different ways. i suppose i need to be more mindful of my word choice around fellow stoners lol.

Hey for a quick calibrate on the meter orange juice is 6.5 Ph (mostly) so easy test.
br

I use fresh but that is because a friend runs a juice joint, I do not think it matters I will get some concentrated and see what it reads. It is a good quick test not perfect but very close
br

man that'd be tight. one of my roomates always has some OJ in the fridge and those little calibration packets cost $2 a piece at the hydro place i go to. it made me a sad panda when i 1st picked up a few.

I just bought a single serve of hood not from concentrate it read 6.6 on my hanna gro check > i have a bott. of hanna 7.0 and 4.0 and checked the cal. It was 89 cents for the 8oz and that is a lot of test.
Buy a cal. packet and test it yourself.
good growing
br

Back
Top Bottom