Bio nutrients Flushing question?

nicol

Hi everyone, hope you all have been spending a nice weekend.

Quick question about flushing.

I’ve been using Bio Bizz for the soil and their line for nutrients. They claim to be bio.

I use only filtered water.

My question is: Do I still need to flush?

I have been flushing around the 6th week into flowering just before the plant starts swelling. But I have been thinking if it’s truly something that I have to do when you use solely bio products and filtered water.

Happy growing!

Many people go back and forth on this topic.. Personally I don’t use liquid nutrients, and I only feed the soil so I’ve never flushed. It also makes no sense to me this idea that you could flush nutrients out, that’s not how plants work and that’s not how they use nutrients. @InTheShed has an interesting post about flushing as well which you can view here:

Plants use nutrients in specific ways to aid their growth. Suchas using potassium to control the opening and closing of stomata, that’s not something you can just flush out. Also plants are 96% oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, and only 4% of the other essential nutrients. So it’s not like there’s a whole bunch of Nitrogen or Magnesium inside your plant ruining your smoke. The quality of your water throughout the grow is vastly more important than the act of flushing.

Unfortunately, due to prohibition and the fact that plants can be grown in a variety of ways, you will very rarely get a definitive answer on many things. Lots of people swear by it, others couldn’t care less.

I’ve been using Bio Bizz for the soil and their line for nutrients. They claim to be bio.
According to their website their products are 100% organic and have been so since they went into business 30 years ago.

If you are using their soil and their nutrients you probably have no need to go through all that is required to do a true style of flushing like what is recommended for those who use a non-organic line of fertilizers.

I will add that “flushing” is something that has a place during the grow for errors or imbalances. Say for instance you dropped Veg nutrients into the pot during week 3 of an 8 week flower. You could dump a whole bunch of water into the pot in an attempt to flush those nutrients out of the pot before the plant takes them in. However, you’re just flushing the pot to get the stuff out before the plant grabs it. Once the plant has taken that nutrient in there’s nothing you can do except ride it out.

Methods, styles, and the actual nutrients you use will impact what happens when you do this.

According to their website their products are 100% organic and have been so since they went into business 30 years ago.

If you are using their soil and their nutrients you probably have no need to go through all that is required to do a true style of flushing like what is recommended for those who use a non-organic line of fertilizers.

You give some of the best answers.. Very succinct and specific. You give people the exact information and answer they’ve asked for. Half the time I go off on tangents that are only barely related to the original question 😂

You give some of the best answers.. Very succinct and specific. You give people the exact information and answer they’ve asked for. Half the time I go off on tangents that are only barely related to the original question 😂
Thank you.

Gardening is a hobby and that applies even to these Cannabis plants which I grow just 'cause they are there and the harvest comes in second.

Back
Top Bottom