Black spots. Advice needed

Digit

Hi there 420ers.
I'm needing a bit of that fantastic help that only you can provide.

Ok, I have a plant about 6-8 weeks veg in coco.
Watering every 2nd day atm.
Fungus gnats (nearly have them beat)
Recently the leaves have been developing black spots then after 24- 48 hrs the leaves go really crispy and will turn to dust if you rub them between your fingers.
1111111111111111111.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

am no expert but I think that is some kind of mold I would check you humidity plus make sure its around 70-80 veg or 40-60 flower and look in to getting some anti-mold type solution as far as I know mold comes from with in the plant to the outer surface, maybe you should water them every three days I have read for soil am only new my self am sure other more exp grows will stick in ther 2 cents worth but to me sounds like you humidity is to high.

Might find this a nice link to bookmark

Cannabis Leaf Symptoms & Plant Problems | Marijuana Nutrient Deficiencies | Grow Weed Easy

Hey there w4nn13,

:thanks:for the advice.

I don't think humidity is the problem (at the moment anyway) as it is winter here, so temp is barely getting above 68F in the tent.
I will check to confirm humidity tho to be sure.

Maybe mold on the roots... ?

Is it possible that we can see the whole plant, instead of just the one leaf?

This could help

How To Deal With Black Spot Leaf Disease (Lifestyle & Home: Pests, Weeds & Plant Disease)

Let us know the humidity, seems like you got a lot of cleaning up to do on them, am beginning to think am going have to wear a white over all and mask before walking in your tent^^

It looks like your over watering them as well as they do look quite droopy and sick, I would do what they say in link above then get everything out and clean your room proper you need to do some damage control.

I keep my room clean with every tank nute change I do on my hydro I take everything out and wipe walls down and clean them every 2 weeks its like a lab lol

Can I ask why you are vegging for so long? 4-5 weeks max or 10-12 inch high is good to go 12/12

Ok, so cleaned out tent (spray and bleach etc)

Humidity is running between 20 - 30% atm.

PH about 6. Trying to get it a bit lower.

Trimmed of all the leaves with the spots. Pic below.

cleaned.jpg

Can I ask why you are vegging for so long? 4-5 weeks max or 10-12 inch high is good to go 12/12

Only growing 2 plants and in no rush. Plan on going 12/12 very soon, depending on the dreaded spots...

They look a lot better now I must say good job.

Thanks.

I fear its just a short term solution though. Underlying problem still there so am expecting spots to return.

Is not going so well. Added PH down to get PH down from 7. Looks like i made it too strong as top leaves all burnt now. Sigh.

Will have to flush it all and hope for the best.

i have some flowers and grasses outdoors exhibiting the same black spots on the leaves .it's been rainy here and hot and humid so that's my guess .

Thanks for the tip G-man. :thanks:

If they survive the acid attack I'll cut back on the watering and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom