First Time Grow Obstacles. Please help I need Advice

sbterd

Hey I need some help,

First time grow from unknown seed strain.
Germinated in water for a day and then in a paper towel.
Transferred to dirt from outside in a small pot not store bought dirt.They were growing there until second real leaves started to show.
Once both sprouted transplanted into two 16 ounce styrofoam coffee cups.
Using LED and Fluorescent lights.
Having an issue with fungus gnats.
Also there has been an issue with white ish grey mildew/mold on both that you can see on the soil of the healthier plant.
^(The mold has not been as much of an issue now that I have a fan blowing through the enclosure and since I have been letting the soil all dry out)
One of my plants is doing really well but the other looks all wilted and yellowing with brown spots (pictures below)
I haven't been watering the last 4 or 5 days and the soil is pretty dried out at the top. I watered with diluted peroxide solution last time I watered and am planning on doing so in a day or so when I also am planning on transplanting to larger pots.
As far as nutes go its miracle grow soil I believe and I also put a miracle grow nutrient spike in each. I have more miracle grow tomato food that i can use I just am waiting until the transplant to introduce any and I was going to use peroxide too with the next watering/ after the transplant.

Can I get some advice on how I should best do the transplant for both, do i wet the soil first? what size pots to use? do I put nutrients in the new soil? Also, how to handle the sick plant, the fungus gnats, mold, and even the plant that is doing well for that matter (First time growing and really have no idea what i am doing).

image_247.jpeg

image164.jpeg

Hi sbterd and welcome aboard the board!

Check out New Member Start Links for guides on using the photogallery and the site in general.

In a nutshell: from the top menu choose gallery, upload photos. After you choose the images hit the 'upload' button on that page. Then wait a bit; another page will come up and you have to hit 'process' there to finish uploading. After that you can just add them to the post using the camera icon in the editor.

Hotlinking isn't allowed so one of the mods will probably delete those links.

Have a canna-tastic day!

:Namaste:

Heres a repost with images properly done and no hotlinks

Hey I need some help,

First time grow from unknown seed strain.
Germinated in water for a day and then in a paper towel.
Transferred to dirt from outside in a small pot not store bought dirt.They were growing there until second real leaves started to show.
Once both sprouted transplanted into two 16 ounce styrofoam coffee cups.
Using LED and Fluorescent lights.
Having an issue with fungus gnats.
Also there has been an issue with white ish grey mildew/mold on both that you can see on the soil of the healthier plant.
^(The mold has not been as much of an issue now that I have a fan blowing through the enclosure and since I have been letting the soil all dry out)
One of my plants is doing really well but the other looks all wilted and yellowing with brown spots (pictures below)
I haven't been watering the last 4 or 5 days and the soil is pretty dried out at the top. I watered with diluted peroxide solution last time I watered and am planning on doing so in a day or so when I also am planning on transplanting to larger pots.
As far as nutes go its miracle grow soil I believe and I also put a miracle grow nutrient spike in each. I have more miracle grow tomato food that i can use I just am waiting until the transplant to introduce any and I was going to use peroxide too with the next watering/ after the transplant.

Can I get some advice on how I should best do the transplant for both, do i wet the soil first? what size pots to use? do I put nutrients in the new soil? Also, how to handle the sick plant, the fungus gnats, mold, and even the plant that is doing well for that matter (First time growing and really have no idea what i am doing).

image_247.jpeg

image164.jpeg

watering with diluted peroxide? I don't believe I have ever heard of that one before but I grow in coco, not soil. I would water with a weak nutrient solution at this size. don't overwater and don't overfeed. a bag of decent potting soil would be a better choice than the dirt from outside. depending on where you dug it up, it might not have much in the way of nutrients for the plants. If it is from a nice flower garden or veggie garden and has been amended with compost or manure, it might be fine. That top plant looks very sad. I would try flushing it with a couple cups of straight water.

Peroxide is very beneficial for plants and roots as the extra oxygen molecule gets released for the plant. However it will 'sterilize' organics. I generally spray the leaves but only water with it if there are pathogens I want to kill (along with all the beneficial bacteria, etc).

Peroxide is very beneficial for plants and roots as the extra oxygen molecule gets released for the plant. However it will 'sterilize' organics. I generally spray the leaves but only water with it if there are pathogens I want to kill (along with all the beneficial bacteria, etc).

cool. learn something new every day. :) I use peroxide to sterilize my room but have not added any to my plants at all. Do you think it is helping this chap's situation any?

Okay thanks the only thing i was worried about were the fungus gnat larvae, thats why i let them dry out for awhile and why im looking to put some more peroxide in the cups too. But I also plan on transplanting them both into new soil. Do you think a peroxide treatment, followed by a flush with water a few days before transplanting would be good and then water the new pots with weak nutrients? or should I transplant them now and just try not to overwater them to stay away from the gnats and little bit of mildew moldy stuff that accumulated on top of the soil when it was too wet?

That mold show up from high humidity, over 70% I believe. The gnats are from the soil you are using; I'd suggest spending the money for some decent soil which isn't Miracle grow. Check our this page and you will find anything you essentially need: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

i hear alot that miracle grow isn't any good because of the slow release nutes but the m.g i bought specifically states that the nutes are balanced my autos doing ok its very bushy but not very tall is the wool being pulled over my eyes? there,s not a whole lot of choice for soils where im from. thanks

Ended up flushing the sick one and then using the peroxide solution while watering both. Transplanting the healthy one into a bigger pot with better soil and drainage later tonight. Wish me luck. Hopefully flushing helps the sick on but im pretty sure im going to end up dumping it.

Back
Top Bottom