Need some help/advice/input please!

SmokeyMcSplif

Ive been growing 3 plants outside in 2L bottles containing basic potting soil (compost,perlite,humus,sphagnum peat) for about 3 weeks. The growth was a bit slow and the plants outgrew their pots so I transplanted the plants into bigger pots with the same soil, but I also added a 1/5 ratio of composted sheep manure to the soil this time. The plants had no problems before the transplant but now they're showing what I believe to be nute burn. At first it was the first 2 bottom leaves that turned yellow brown, wilted and died. (also the leaf branch got thinner and weaker). As the days went by the nute burn made its way up to 2nd and 3rd set of leafs. My questin is should I transplant them back into regular soil? Or keep it in the current medium and let it grow bigger where it can handle the nutes. I'm afraid if I transplant I will damage the roots because it's still just stretching into the bigger pot. None of the new growth is showing any burn and is growing very vigorously since transplant. Please help me keep my girls alive!!!! :(
Some additional info: The sheep manure has an NpK of .5-.5-.5. The original potting soil is nute free or holds very little. I water with 7.1 ph water and my runoff is 6.5. Weird thing is I've been using sensi grow part a&b with no nute burn whatsoever up to the point of the transplant. So I think the culprit must be the manure. I haven't added any chem fert since the transplant, just water and a flush 2 days ago. The lower branches are slowly getting worse but at the same time all the new growth is proper and it's been bushinh up since. What should I do???
Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

Re: Need some help/advice/input please!!!!

I think you should transplant back wait a couple days to let the plant recover from the previous but let it get bigger, just stick with what works.

Thanks for the reply exile, I know I should've stuck with just the potting soil but something in my mind told me to experiment with a different soil mix. I'll post a pic later today of the girls and will probably take your advice and transplant them back into the original medium tonight. Ill do a follow up with some pics in a few days to see how she recovers . The only thing I'm concerned about is the damage that has been done already and the transplanting process. Any tips? I was thinking maybe turn the pot sideways and roll/spin it on its side while removing the excess soil around the root structure by hand?

What happening here is the root tubes are so blocked with sheep shit, that the plant is actually staving itself to death

If you want to keep these babies going, then you got to flush, put these plants in a big tub, and flush with 3 times the water as to the soil you got the plants in, a mistake here is thinking their is none or very little nutes in basic potting mix, allow to recover in a dim place for a day don't feed for a weak,and when you do consider foilar feeding, use seaweed, feed don't get hooked into the chemical crap nutes, will give you more hassle than it's worth.
If after 3 days no change, do a flush again, after 2-3 weeks change the soil.

peace
"V"

Thanks for the feedback vastok! I transplanted the plants back into the original soil, However... Transplanting was a pain in the butt as I expected due to the roots not being really developed yet ... I think I lost about 25% of the roots sticking out the bottom due to the soil just breaking apart, falling off and taking some of the roots with it....I really hope that I didn't stress/shock the plants too much :( I'm gonna put them outside and let them do it's thing, no nutes just water. God I hope they bounce back because they have really taken off in the past 2 week and I'd hate to see them turn into males after all this time, effort and money put into it. Wish the girls luck and keep fingers crossed!! I might start a journal but since it's an outdoor soil grow, it's not too interesting and I can't update that frequently... Well see what happens but for now I'm just hoping for the best. I will do an update in a week though just to let y'all know what happens.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom