Blue Cheese in a Bloombox 2012

Foghorn

First of all, thank you to the wonderful people that make this site possible and the great resource that it is. This includes the great members as well as staff. Specificly you Xlr8. I was happy but not suprised in the slightest to see you won MOTY. You deserve it ten times over.

All that said, here's a bit about me so that those offering advice can help me the most. I'm a new grower. Iv hade one successful run of big bud. And one of pine apple express auto. And a failed run Big Bang auto. That was my last one. So I'm coming off a loss and could really use a win here. Last time everything seemed fine, but only the tippy top of the buds finished after 14 weeks. I think it was high temp. But they looked great, just didn't finish. Idk. Iv resolved the temp issue. I'm open to all advice. I have no ego on this subject and happily invite the wise people here to educate me. Also, I chose the bloombox because I have more money than time. Including resevoir changes, I spend less than an hour a week dealing with my grows. I'm all about the automation and plug and play. So any advice geared towards time consuming techniques like LST or even misting daily, forget about it. I barley have time to wash my own ass everyday. But this a place to share knowledge so just because I won't personally use it dosent mean somebody else reading won't, so all relevant info is welcome.

Just the facts, ma'am

440 watt HPS and two T5's for flower
125w CFL for veg
DWC system
1/10 HP chiller
6 inch Can Max 435cfm inline fan
11000 BTU portable AC
Auxiliary air pump to supplement stock, and manifold to select veg/flower/both or between pumps.

Blue Cheese cloned from my mother. First attempt with cloning

The girls are currently on week 2 of flower. I cloned 14, and all 14 made it! 12 went through two weeks of veg, and I picked the most even 9 for flower. One was taller than the others, one was all crooked, and one was much smaller. So I tossed those three to get my nine.

Week one was hot because I couldn't get my AC to vent properly. So installed a 6 inch Can Max fan. I put a Y on it that splits to the AC and to the exhaust from the HPS. Man does that thing move air! I don't even need the AC now. It stays plenty cool in there with that fan sucking the heat out. The fan is in my attic. Room temp is 70-75. Interior box temp is 80.

I have a chiller, but a slow leak has increased so shut it down. I'm buying a new one soon. Next time i refill my Co2.

Week two and pistils are showing. I have scrog net in there but its mostly just to help seperate everything as it comes up. I'm training them underneath in a true SCrOG fashion. I plan on defoliation at day 21 and 45 as outlined in other journals iv read here. Theyr at 1000ppm this week. No burn at all. I start co2 next week.

Pics will be up by end of day. Thanks joining!

Correction, NOT training them in a true scrog fashion. I'm having trouble getting pics to post. I'll have them up soon.

DSCN30992.JPG
DSCN30983.JPG
DSCN30972.JPG
DSCN30961.JPG
DSCN30953.JPG
DSCN30943.JPG
DSCN30931.JPG
DSCN30922.JPG
DSCN30913.JPG
DSCN30903.JPG
DSCN30891.JPG
DSCN30883.JPG
DSCN30873.JPG
DSCN30862.JPG
DSCN30853.JPG
DSCN30846.JPG
DSCN30834.JPG
DSCN30823.JPG
DSCN30813.JPG
DSCN30806.JPG
DSCN30795.JPG
DSCN30783.JPG
DSCN30775.JPG
DSCN30763.JPG
DSCN30755.JPG
DSCN30742.JPG
DSCN30733.JPG
DSCN30722.JPG
DSCN30713.JPG
DSCN30703.JPG
DSCN30694.JPG
DSCN30683.JPG
DSCN30673.JPG
DSCN30663.JPG
DSCN30653.JPG

Ok, obviously the tall plants are not from this grow. That's the last one. I was haveing trouble posting pics so I had my wife do it, because she is smarter than I am. That's one of the reasons I married her. But she didn't know the difference and just put up all the pics on the memory card. She's not real grow savvy. She's never even smoked in fact. But she lets me do my little thing in the closet as long as I don't make a mess, so I'm happy.

New pics soon.

All right! Week four and things seem good. The bud sites arnt as large as I'd like at week four, but its ok. On day 21 I defoliated. I pulled the large fan leaves that were covering any bud sites. I snipped the little branches on bottom that I didn't think would produce much. I also pulled off the little bud sites on bottom that just wind being popcorn. So some of the bottom branches got a true "lollipop", but only some of the bottoms. The rest I just pulled big fan leaves. But I left the ones that wernt blocking anything, so they look a little weird. Not symmetrical at all. I'm a little OCD but so I don't like how it looks, but I keep reminding myself, function over form. With nine plants in that small space I want good air flow for my co2 so need to keep it fairly thinned out.

I also pulled clones off mom do the next grow is already in the clone done. I only did a two week veg this time, with only a week in the dome. I'm going to leave them in the dome two weeks this time, then veg them for two weeks, top them, then veg for two more. This is a short strain so I think they'll still fit. I seem to have lots of room this time. But I played it safe because I wasn't sure how tall they'd get.

Jas anybody else grown blue cheese? Do they look Ok for week four? I'm hoping they will start to pack on some bud weight soon.

More pics next week.

The pics above are week 5 of flower. everything is going fine. ppm is 1100. PH is 5.5. I have either scum accumulating my air stones or a clogged line.. Im not getting the bubbles I should. With all nine pots full, very hard to see whats going on. Plus I dont have the time. So I bought the biggest airpump they had at the pet shop and a couple more air stones and threw them in there. Lots of bubbles now. When I pull the plants Ill fix it.

The pics above are the fitst day of week 6. Starting to get some buds! I got this blue cheese because its supposed to be short, and boy is it. I only veged it two weeks, also for height concerns. I think and go four with this strain though. Iv taken clones from mom. They seem to be doing good. I let them sit in the dome for two weeks. Im hoping after two weeks of veg they will have 5-6 nodes and I can try my hand at "main lining". I read about it on Xlr8's journal. Its basically a topping technique where you cut it above the third node, then cut off the two nodes below. This causes large, even growth to those two nodes. Look it up, the pics are amazing, and my explanation is far lacking. but after the topping, to more weeks of veg. So four total.

Also im trying Hydrotron instead of rockwool. For the simple reason of I hate those stupid lil white covers that go over the rockwool. they always get messed up. Other than that I like it. So if hydrotron has something that bugs me worse Ill switch back. Ppm is 1300. PH is 5.5.

I wish I had let them veg longer. Other than that things are good.

Back
Top Bottom