Blue Widow vs Blue Cheese

CanadianJim

Hey Guys,
TL;DR at end
I was looking around for some Blue Widow seeds, and I ordered some. Later I saw a review saying that the Blue Widow seeds from this company were actually Blue Cheese. Sure enough, when I checked their site and re-read the description it listed the parent plants for these seeds as Blueberry and Cheese, although the seeds themselves were labelled Blue Widow. To complicate matters the seeds came with a catalog which listed both Blue Cheese and Blue Widow, while the site only listed BW.

Is this common? I usually used seeds from friends before this, so I haven't had any previous experience with seed banks before now. I'll be firing off an e-mail about this to the company and I'll update this with their response.

What I'm wondering is, given the climate of southern Ontario, how BC and BW compare when growing. Any issues I should be aware of that affect one more than the other? Is BC more mold resistant, or does it attract more insects?

Aside from growing, does anyone have much experience with the difference in effects? is BC better for arthritis, or insomnia? The flavors when smoked don't much matter as I'll mostly be making concentrates and edibles from my crop, but any experiences with which terpenes are more common in each strain would be welcome.

TL;DR - Anyone have any experiences they'd like to share growing Blue Cheese vs Blue Widow especially in Southern Ontario, and any comparisons of effects?

Questions, comments, rude remarks?

Thanks

Jim

A mate of mine has been growing blue cheese for the last few Australian summers, I find it a nice relaxing smoke. Can grow extremely large outside, he collected approx 5 pound this year. Bastard wouldn't tell me what he was feeding it...

I'm debating whether I'll put it in a pot, or straight in the ground. I was planning to put the Bakerstreet in the ground, because it got huge last year. I only have room to plant one in the ground, the other 3 will be in pots. Maybe I'll flip a coin, lol.

Back
Top Bottom