Blue Cheese/Cheese strain...confused!

yes man that answered most,not if all my questions,i must admit i like the look of the nosebleed,i am trying to stay away from the commercial strains,i like the idea of (outhere strains) i must admit it is not for financial gain,just for me and buddies to pick at for a friday night couch lock,and talk about how the world functions and how we can sort it out(dont ask!!!!).for my next grow i think i am going to look into some strains that other people tend to not do,maybe the smaller seed companies,far a feild companies,my first grow was terrible,but knowledge is power,i will never go back to soil,to much maintenance,1 lesson learned,nutes etc.....list is endless,but i must admit i am addicted to these plants,1 at a time mind you!!!!,i wish i could extract this passion and put it into other parts of my life,i do notice everyone tends to go the greenhouse seed route,no doubt arjen knows his stuff,but i have a feeling there is an awesome strain outhere that everyone neglects.i had never heard or seen nosebleed till today via you,and is pretty to the eye,and the smoke is good i take it????,i tend to like an uplifting,that you can still function buzz!not a lover to be really honest of couch lock,but if someone puts a nug of pure un adultarated couch lock material in front of me ,i find it hard to say no!!!weird,my pop will not smoke weed,but will always kill off an eighth of resin every night!and swears by its a better buzz for him,i can see where you come from different buzzes....horses for courses!is there a strain you have grown that was out of the norm for you,and thought mmmmmmm this is good????that is what im looking for,something,weird and wonderfull.:grinjoint:,thanks my freind,i am enjoying this thread!!!:thanks:

As far as sead/bean companies go, im hesitant to suggest anybody but have had pretty decent luck with legends. Not perfect... but decent, meaning I eventually did get something atleast of excellent quality. Not the best germ rate, or fastest delivery, but just the fact that once they (the beans) didnt come and they resent my order to me for at no cost. So that is pretty damn cool! But its an unregulated market and its easy to get screwed, cause if you are screwed there very little if anything you can do about it. Beside trash their company here on the forums. lol. Good luck man.

lol, yeah and you probably will never see it again either unless you head down to my part of the world.lol, its a personal strain. Its made by someone very smart, and knowledgable, thats all I can tell ya!lol. Anyhow I would have to say that Ive never had a "hard" time with a plant,... so difficulty to grow is hard for me to rate but, I would have to say. ... GWS was an outstanding plant, as well as federations Mikado (nosebleed just maybe has some of this in its blood... but Im not telling.lol) What I would do is look at the strains that you see people biulding large profitable bussinesses around. Such as UKs Cheese, or Federations Mikado, or Greenhouses Arjen Haze. Cause if there good enough to build a company around there probably good enough for the pickiest of palletes. And that thing abt your pops is hilariouse! lol, He probably likes the high CBD and CBN as well as the relatively low THC values of Resin. Its good (and in good I mean helpfull, but I dont feal like resin is necesarily the BESt way to go)for chronic or debilitating pain or insomnia. This is why often times young people have the idea that resin is so much stronger than the actual pot that made the resin. This is not true however, and in fact its just depriving you of more oxygen, and giving you more carcinogens, tar, and a killer headeache often times afterwards. He would prob like a low THC, high CBD, CBN plant more than he would the typical "kind" strains. Hes not the only person I have heard of that does this however, so to each his own, huh?

ha ha.yeah i tried to have an in depth convo with him when im stoned,it was so hard!!!!!!because he never looks out of it,and always looks at me like im a retard!!!!!,says why smoke to get shit faced,still he has 30 years on me,i am going to look at these strains,if and if you ever see your freind,tell him i would pay serious money for nosebleed,very nice!!!saying about resin,it was all my dad used to smoke as a kid,so he is imune to it,give him bud he is fucked,quite funny to watch!!!!!:grinjoint:

So heres a better pic of the Blue cheese, hope it shows the purple and stuff.
blue_cheese_nug-01.jpg

how you doing green,just about make the purple out,looks nice,i have an order put on hold,too hot at mo,will defo start next 2 plants bbb cheese,anyhows hows life treating you fella?,think ik know secret to nosebleed,on a scale of 10,how close am i getting.....purple urple x power plant???????/

Im doin good Albert. And actually your pretty far off, lol. So Ill just tell ya, cause realistically if someone wants to try and duplicate Nosebleed, I give them all the praise in the world cause by no meens is it any easy task. And the chances that they end up with the same thing as I did are next to none. And hey if they want to make a strain or start hybridising strains, Im ALL about it. So here it is. The color you see is coming from the Mikado in it, there is also 25% Niger sweat, and 25% GWS (its either GWS or Silver pearl, it was a looong time ago and I had both strains going then and honestly I just dont remember anymore. It was wayyyy back in the beginning of the breeding program, I think Im leaning towards GWS though) I cant beleive I dont remember though....lol, maybe I smoked to much today. Anyhow, its mostly, or half Mikado, thats where the indica like traits originated from. Hope this helps man. And I will do what I can to verify the GWS/Silver pearl part, its gotta be written down somewhere around here.

Albertgrow,

I just thought I would throw my 5 cents in here as well. Ive gotten seeds from a number of sources, and until the plant is grown to maturity ( hoping for a female in the process) you really really dont know what you are going to get. This is why some strains only appear as clones.

Example, I and a lot of other here, may have started with 10 seeds of say, Blueberry. 8 germinate, they are allowed to get to say 4 or 5 nodules, then clones are taken off all the plants at the 1 time and labelled accordingly to the plant they are from.

Now, these are placed in a seperate veg room, and the parent plants are set to flower. Of this, say 4 are female. The clones of these are kept, the male clones gotten rid of ( sometimes you may want to keep a particular male.. whole other story), and then the plants growing are monitored for particular traits that you as the grower are after.

Then, when the plant is harvested, or all the flowering females, samples are taken of the plant, to see which is the most potent, particular taste, colour, etc.Then when a particular plant is favoured over the others, you have clones of this plant to start a crop of exactly what you were after from that 10 seeds you started originally.

When a plant is described as Clone only, you will find that it has been selected and that it is the one that is supplied, to say a dispensary, or to the smoker. SO, when you get someone who then crosses that plant to get seed, with another variety, it will reduce the effects and traits of the original, unless you can devote a great amount of time and effort to go from F1-F8 clones and breeding to get back to where you started.

IT IS PART OF THE FUN THOUGH!! Ask Greenisland. He and heaps of others here know what I am trying to get at.

David

Lol, very well put man! I totally know what yor talking about. I think a lot of times people dont realise the devotion it takes to make your own hybrid especially if you want it to be any good, and original. Making seeds of your hybridised strain and getting them to display the least amount of varience in phenotypes is yet another mountain to climb, and that mountain may never be summited for some , for any number of reasons. It is a whole lot of fun, but its kind of a love/hate relationship somedays. It just really takes you (or someone working for you) spending just an incredible amount of time growing out plants. And in the end you wont even keep most of them, and that (depending on your amount of resources available) may be anywhere from 90% to 99.9% of all the plants you grow! All this to simply find that one plant! The holy grail of what you were trying to get the whole time. And sometimes you do all this work and you never even end up finding that holy grail plant... even with all the hardwork in the world you wont be successfull every time! I liken it to ice fishing,... you can sit around all day or days(in the MJs case often times years instead of days) and never catch anything worth keeping. But when you do catch a fish worth keeping it makes all the work you did worth it all of a sudden, even if it doesnt always seem like it worth it. It takes DEVOTION no doubt! As well as a keen sense of what your looking for in an overall finished product too. But as Ed Rosenthal has said many times "where as smoking marijuana isnt physically addictive, growing it certainly is." And I think thats a huge reason as to why so many people are willing to tackle this obstacle head on and spend a lot of their time doing this. And people continue to, in spite of all the hard work, time and money it takes. theres my next 2 cents, lol. Great thread guys. I just cracked up when I heard that someone on youtube posted a video saying Blue Cheese was a "fake" strain, because cheese is a clone only plant. How misinformed was that guy? lol. He was definetally confused. I think thats why I and DGMGH were so compelled to write in and shed some light on this thread ...cause he just had it soooo wrong we couldnt just sit and watch everyone read this and not know THE TRUTH and THE FACTS! lol. Great post DGMGH, your gettin rep from me for that one...that is if I CAN rep you again. Your able to write the same thing as me, and yet you manage to do it with half the words! uuggghhh,I frustrate myself! I write wayyy to long of threads! lol

2 really good posts,+ reps,i sometimes dissapoint myself with my threads ha ha(usually smoke induced),i get up in the morning and think,did i do that lol,anyways.......i dont think i will go down that route just yet of producing that master strain,more than likely that i dont deal with rejection to well ha ha,the thought of all that effort going to waste puts me off,although it does sound like a lot of fun,as for the youtube comment,i think the poster withdrew it as i cant find it anymore????,i was way off with my two strains making nosebleed,maybe as we dont get to produce federation seeds as no one really in my country stocks them(hey there could be a gap in the market)must be a reason for why not?????,maybe thats why i like the look of the plant,mikado!!!!i want to grow out this plant,when i eventually do again,i can vision it in a sea of green,me running through it naked.....thats another story lol.i also like the sound of silver pearl,once again cant get here!!!!i might look into suppliers,and why federation is not here.once again thanks green and david,two quality posters.

many regards

albertgrow123

Back
Top Bottom