Bong water and plants

actually i find it very disqusting. thats like drinking your own pee dude. yuck. lol think about it, you drink and u pee, "you smoke and you leave bong water, same concept lol."

actually, all it is, is ash and water, you have a possibility of geting a fungus in the soil(i.e. mold), but over all, ash over a period of time turns into a fert, but i dont recommend this.

p.s. Ph- balance might be a bit acidic.

DankCloset said:
actually i find it very disqusting. thats like drinking your own pee dude. yuck. lol think about it, you drink and u pee, "you smoke and you leave bong water, same concept lol."

Nice analogy Dank.......never thought of it that way. :peace:

killa willa said:
does bong water for your plants make them more dank
No, why the fuck would it?
Think about what goes into bong water.

This is a long standing myth. There is nothing in the tar filled water that will benefit your plants. The roots extract nothing but nutrients and water from the soil for the process of photosynthesis. If the idea is that the plant will uptake the residual THC from the "bong" water and make the buds better, then the answer is no.

RooRman said:
If the idea is that the plant will uptake the residual THC from the "bong" water and make the buds better, then the answer is no.
Heh, yeah, especially considering that THC isn't water soluble in the first place, but it would be a great way to make your plants smell really bad...

i hate to say it but everyone that thought bong water doesnt help then they are wrong. when smoking through your bong all that burnt plant material is caught in the water and is there broken down. this broken down plant material is now nutrients for another organism, since its marijuana i hope your smokin through a bong then that burnt material will be very close to the nutrients that a plant will need. so pouring bong water on a plant will help make them "danker" when compared to just water as the bong water has nutrients in it, not left over THC or anything that will make them explode. since giving your plants more nutrients makes them bigger and danker thant a normal fertilizer will work better as it has higher concentration of nutrients that are more availible to a plant.
but then again there are some times im lazy and dont want to goto the bathroom to change out my bong and just dump it on my plants.

I disagree.

First, the burnt plant material has to break down into a usable form for the plant to uptake the nutrients in it. We don't grow these plants long enough for that to happen properly.
Second, all the tars and oils from the material smoked is left in the water. These substances can fill in the air pockets with oils and such which can effectively suffocate your roots system and kill your plant.
When it comes to growing, water is a big deal. What you put into your plant directly relates to what you get out of it. add a bunch of useless stuff and not only can your yield can become threatened, but so can your whole harvest. The last I heard, tar isn't a acceptable nutrient.

I have a friend who, back in the 70's, got the idea that drinking bong water would get him more stoned. He figured that bong water filtered out THC or something.
He got so into it he asked me to save the bong water for him if I changed it when he wasn't there.
So I did. He came over and I handed him a jar where there was like week-old bong water.
It looked and smelled gross, likke week old-pee.
I watched him down it. He swayed on his feet and turned like 6 shades of green.
How he kept from puking I don't know.
Anyway that was the end of TB's bong water drinking.

fire is remarkably efficent when breaking down substance into more basic compounds. when fire burns all the brush down in a forest, some time later there will be a explosion in growth from new plants on the ground. burning of plant material breaks it down enough for other organism to use and further break down into nutrients for plants. racefan i do agree that it would take awhile for the bongwater to be in useable forms for plants, it takes about 6-7 monthes after a forrest fire for things to regrow. thats pretty much the time it takes for an outdoor crop to grow. all im saying is that bongwater would provide for more nutrients versus plain water, and there are far better fertilizers out there for me to resort to using bong agua.
then again the only way to see if bongwater is better than plain water is to do a controlled grow. whos down for having their grow room smell like bongwater? :bongrip: :cheesygrinsmiley:

You may be right in how long it takes to break down. I'm not sure of how long it takes myself. I do know that if it takes 6 months, by the time it becomes available, I'm harvesting.lol I plant beginning of May and havest mid Oct. But even if it does contain nutrients...I still have to believe that all the oils and tar it includes can't be good for the plant.
As for trying it, well...be my guest.lol The thought of smelling bong water every time I get around a plant almost sickens me. I can't stand the smell. I don't even smoke resin due to the taste. I use cannabis for meds, but taste and smell plays a huge role in what I smoke as well.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I did one plant with grav water didnt hurt the plant at all. It's what I used from the start and it was pretty dank it was blue dream got 3 indicas now they look fine maybe cause I used grav water not a bong

Back
Top Bottom