Brainstorm and Blue Mystic feminized Indoor Grow

Iluminatu

Hello everyone, this is my first post in here. I'm planning in making a grow journal for my 5 feminized Brainstorm seeds from DutchPassion and 5 Blue Mystic feminized from RoyalQueenSeeds. This is my FIRST grow ever so comments and any advice would be really welcome. I did not have too many funds for this so my equipment isn't the best and some things are improved by me. The things that i have:

LIGHT: 2x18W warm white bulbs + 2x18W warm white neon (the neon is not working yet I can't figure out how to install it properly)
GROWING MEDIUM: SOIL - ph: 6.5-7.0, sand 11%, nutrients almost nothing since I bought them separately
NUTRIENT: NPK: 8.5-3-4 (I plan in using it for vegetative state after 1-2 weeks of germination)

20140111_175016.jpg

As most of the beginners I had my first problems: The seeds were planted on Friday 10 of January. I had cut 9 two litter bottles and filled them with soil, planted the seeds aprox. 1 cm deep I had watered the soil and left it in a closed box in dark for 3 days. No sign of germination.. I had realized that the temperature was too low so I had moved my box in a warmer place last night (aprox. 25 °C). In the morning when I checked the box 4 of the seeds popped out of the soil and by this time (a few hours later) I can see 8 of the seeds comming out of the soil. :cheer:
The last seed was left in a wet tissue and it germinated in a couple of hours but I had let it on the heater and it kinda got dried so I moved it in the soil in the morning and watered the soil (probably it's dead but I'm trying)

While I was checking the small plants i noticed some small white bugs in the soil and they are getting me a bit worried. Is it normal for the soil to have some bugs? Maybe they can hurt the plants.. Should I think about changing the soil type? Some answers would be really welcome because I don't have any idea what should I do.

And here is a picture with the infants :blushsmile:

20140114_200358.jpg

:welcome: I will try to help, this is friendly "constructive criticism" and just my opinion.

First, I think that browsing topics & reading in the FAQ section, will assure/increase your plants survival. You can search by keyword (seedlings) as another option. All the answers you seek are right here, this is the only sight you'll ever need. I don't have time now to share much more. OK here's some more (my opinion)

Your PH is a little high, I like 6.0

Most bugs are BAD, you need to ID them, then read about them, some are harmless

You don't need that timer yet, keep seedlings under 24 hours (again just my opinion)

Find the bugs on google & post a picture

Pictures that relate to all future questions, will help us answer your questions, and you will get a greener thumb with every share/post.

Hope this helps, I was just gonna say welcome & start reading from the beginning!

You will love the great help that exp. growers love to share with the noobs! :goodluck:

20140128_113227.jpg
20140128_113137.jpg

So this is how they look 2 weeks after popping out of the soil. I lost 1 seed of BM so now i have 5 BS and 4 BM. They were hold 24/7 under 2X18W CFL warm white light and watered every 2-3 days... The 5 plants in the left side that look good are the BS. The BM seems to have some problems I'm thinking that maybe the pH of the soil is a bit too high for them or I over watered.. U can see the best in the right corner the plant's leafs are bending down.. but at least I'm happy with how the BS are looking I think they are doing pretty fine.. What do you think?

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom