Breaking limbs to grow side ways?

p604

so i'm gonna start my 3rd grow.. and I have been seeing people break the branch so it will grow sideways and not upwards..

how does this affect your plant?

how long does the plant need to heal before it starts to grow again?

how long before I can switch them over to flowering?

Re: breaking limbs to grow side ways???

Hey, It's call super cropping and I use it to improve yield. Check out this link, it has some good info. Supercropping - a tutorial

I wait a week after my last bend before I start flowing. I have even done it durning flower if I'm running out of room.

Ok breaking the branch side ways is generally called "supercropping". This is what is known as a high stress training (or HST for short) technique basically most training techniques are aiming to create more lower lateral growth and an even canopy where all the upper tips receive equal amounts of light and auxins or growth hormones.
Basically it turns a plant that would normally grow like a Christmas tree into a short fat bush.
By snapping the branches not only do you lower the height to where you snapped it but it stalls the growth of tips past the break until it heals and promotes the growth of tips on the healthy side of the break.
IMAG09085.jpg

you can see 24 hrs after supercropping the tips reacting and changing growth I predict at least a week or so for all the breaks to knot up and be fully healed but in the mean time all the tips towards the centre of the plant that otherwise would have been insignificant will boom. I would only recommend this technique if you have plenty of veg time and want a big beast otherwise light stress training and topping can give good results.

i'm just gonna flower 1 plant at a time.. veg for 6 weeks flower for 6-8 weeks.... have a rotation going on so i can harvest about once every 4-6 weeks..

6 weeks should give me a healthy mature plant, with multiple multiple bud sites... thinking of doing a 4x4 scrog.. or should i got bigger?

using a 430 diamond led hopefully this will be enough.. this will be in a RDWC prob 30 gal res and a 5 gal bucket..

your thoughts on outcome... i know there are many other factors.. but anyone that has veg for 6 weeks... what was your outcome??

Check out my journal the link is in my signature. Im currently doing a scrog using LST when you bend but don't snap it has a similar effect as supercropping without the recovery time and the screen holds them all at one consistent level. what this means having the buds at one level you can give ALL the buds an even amount of light. Each bud gets even aount of auxins delivered and therefore you get an even coverage of buds.
What system are you running how are you starting your plant what medium will you be using what light what nutes?
4-6 weeks from clone in dwc under 600 watt should give you a good sized plant. depending on the strain you may need anywhere up to8- 10 weeks for flowering though.

I thought about staying a journal but don't think I will have enough time to keep up with post and updates

I like having a journal as it forces me to think about and plan my grow, plus I enjoy having all of the history of the grow, expecially visually. It really is up to you how often you post updates. I post updates about once a week and each one takes a couple hours, most of the time is spent taking/uploading pics, which I enjoy anyways. I spend way more time perusing this Forum trying to learn as much as I can to improve my grow and increase my knowledge of all things cannabis.

Back
Top Bottom