Breeding With High Challenging Conditions

elunex

I'm going to be running a couple of plants in my veg tent to breed, but only my main flowering room has dehumidifying taking place. Going into winter where I am, I often struggle with humidity issues. This is obviously a big challenge when growing for flower, as bud rot and PM is a nightmare.

However, I am wanting to find out whether I'll have problems breeding in these conditions? I don't mind if I can't smoke the bud afterwards, so long as the seeds remain viable. This is very much just something I'm doing for fun and the learning process.

Should I be worried about these bud rot and PM issues when just managing to get viable seeds out of it? Or should the seeds still be produced with the same as with end results?

Well bud rot will certainly destroy any seeds in the areas it infects. On the other hand it doesn’t normally infect an entire plant. Partly because the grower notices it and either moves to control the rot or chops the plant.

I work with high RH a lot and used to see a lot of budrot. Hard to really give you a definitive answer to your question without knowing a bunch more about your growing conditions, strain, etc. But in general Yes I’m sure you can work out some way of doing it. Some more info about the space, environment, strain, would be good :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom