Good strains to breed with cheese auto ?

dankweed

Hello

at the moment im growing some cheese automatic from big buddha seeds.

i have bought a bottle of tireslas mist and started applying it to my plants

my end plan is to make some feminized auto seeds.

i was trying to think what would be a good strain to mix with the cheese automatic ?

any suggestions would be appreciated i might even share some of the seeds when im finished.

as soon as the pollen sacs start to show i will take some photos.Good strains to breed with cheese autos ?

how about some burger auto's?
lol sorry just kidding i know nothing of auto flower
i can at least bump your post so a veteran might see and stop by
i wonder if you have to use auto with auto or will it retain it's auto status if you use reg or fem seed?
somebody with knowledge please reply
take care and good luck

I am not joking... crossbreed as many different strains as you have :cheesygrinsmiley: each cross has its own unique hybrid that you now "own"! Hybrids are not stable (lots of reading here how to make them stable) but they are like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think i will do that. i will make a list of what im going to use.

also i read somewhere that if you breed the cheese auto with a normal feminized plant it could turn those seeds into automatic fems

I finally got some pollen sacs to show you.

after about 21 days so i would say Tiresias mist is colloidal silver

Hi mate,

ive been breading and making my own strains for a while now, crossed autos and made my own auto strain,

here is what i have found, crossing an auto with a none auto will give you lots of different pheno types and the first cross and batch of seeds will produce 0 auto plants, if your lucky you might get 1 or 2 out of 100 seeds turning out auto, if you do cross an auto with a none auto then you need to back cross with the auto each time you produce seeds so you bring back the auto trait,
you can get lucky and end up with a handful of autos out of that cross i mentioned above but the pheno types will be very weak and you will end up growing a load of poor plants before you find what you want to work with.

if you want to produce autos seeds then you can either let it self pollenate and keep it as a cheese auto or cross it with another auto depending if you have other autos in flower as pollen dont stay viable long unless you remove the moisture and store it in fridge or freezer, at room temp the pollen will remain viable from between 3 and 14 days depending on humidity and strain,

but again crossing 2 different autos can produce varied results, it took me nearly 3 years to end up with a decent auto, you need to do a lot of back crossing when you cross to autos to get stable results, you can get lucky and end up with good results from the first cross but ive found the results are never as good as the parent plants unless you back cross with one of the strains until you get back to where it was originally,

i currently crossed a ken estes gdp cheese regular male with a purple cheese auto, ive ended up with at least 6 pheno types and one pheno type produced tiny buds, 1 pheno type is ok and ill work with it at a later date as i got other projects going on

but to be brutally honest if you dont want all the work of back crossing and growing plants that produce very little then the best option is to self pollenate, but if you are going to cross strains then stick with crossing autos with autos and you might get lucky and get something great first time round.

you can lose the auto trait even if you cross 2 autos, their not the most stable strain to work with

hi donpaul

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply with such detail.
i heard the were very unstable genetically.
think i will be sticking with autos :) im ordering some strains to breed with this week .
any ideas what might be a nice mix with the cheese ?

1 more thing just wondering when is best to pollinate a plant ?
and how long does it normally take for seeds to be ready?

cool not a problem,
if i was crossing 2 autos or more then i think id go with something that yields well so the seeds produce a plant that may increase the yield the parents gave, theirs just to many autos to choose from and without trying most of them it would be difficult to say,
for huge yields cross with something like big bang auto.

with the polllenating you want to make sure the auto is a few weeks into flower, if you do it to early you wont end up with many seeds, wait until you have plenty of pistils then put the pollen on them, seeds on regular mj plants take around 4 weeks to be ready, but the longer you can leave them on the plant the better, i dont turn a whole plant to see unless its the final cross of one of my own strains but i normally just pollenate the lower branches and leave the rest seed free.

so wait until the plant has plenty of pistils and in the early stages of bud formation, that should ensure the calyx are ready to be pollenated as i did it to early the first few times and only ended up with a few seeds, so its best to wait until the plant is in early flower then put the pollen on.

sometimes if the seeds are fully ripe before harvest then you may see them poking out the seed pods or falling out the plant but this dont usually happen, i leave the seeds in the plant at harvest and dry the buds as normal, then the seeds basically fall out when you start messing around with the buds after they have dried, its a nightmare removing the seeds when the buds are freshly harvest so best to wait till its been dried

when i pollenate a plant i take the female into another room where the male plant is or where i have the pollen stored, then i use a que tip or cotton bud as their called where i am and i dip this in the pollen and brush it over the pistils i want seeds from, a fine paint brush would also be just as good, you dont got a lot of pollen from a hermie plant unless you use chemicals to force it to go hermie, i dont use chemicals when i force a plant hermie so i dont have much pollen to play around with when making fem seeds.

but basically i put the pollen on the fem plant and leave it in another room so it dont spread pollen to my other plants in the grow room, then 4 to 6 hours later ill give the plant a spray down with a water bottle, doing this kills any viable pollen that is on the plant then when you take it back into the grow room you dont end up with seeds from other plants.

some of the best autos ive grown and worked with are the cheapest ones, the cheapest auto from herbies head shop is the kc45 auto, this has always produced well and been a nice plant to cross with but its not femenised so you would need to grow some out to get the male or females your after, bluematic was a nice auto to smoke and was a nice fruity tangy type smoke but the yield was small when grown under 24-0 from seed to harvest,

but i dont use 24-0 from seed to harvest for autos anymore as they mature to quick and reach harvest to quick with small yields, so i prefer to use 18-6 or even 12-12 from seed to harvest with autos, it adds between 2 and 4 weeks onto the harvest date but my yields went from 7 to 14g dry per auto up to a consistent 2oz dry per auto.

wow donpaul you are a fountain of information. that will be soaked up like a sponge from me :)

i have harvested the plants and i have dried the pollen out for 3 days now . my next little question is how long can pollen be stored in a normal household freezer

im starting a grown very soon .

ive decided to try some regular auto seeds separate

for the feminized try im gona go with gh sweet mango, sweet seeds cream caramel mixed with the cheese pollen

i will up date more photos soon :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom