Brewster's Grow

Brewster

Hey this is going to be a more relax version of my journal that everyone can keep up with.

What I have here is a pretty simple and basic DWC. I first started with an evans flow system but the pump was noisy the drains were a pain in the ass etc. Then I found a good buddy of mine grew and he used this system because, its
A) much simpler, with less moving parts to break/leak/go wrong
B) Less equipment
C) Quiet and ease of use

Any rate I have two types going on, one is California Dream and I cannot remember the name of the other, my brother got the seeds from UK and said they were suppose to produce 28% THC..

Equipment:
Veg
-Containers= I have several various veg containers which were a mix and match set so none of them are the exact same size but that really doesn't matter but my main reservoir holds 6gal and my other holds 4gal.
I used a hole saw and drilled the tops out to hold net pots that can be found at any grow store.

-Nutrients= Green Dream Grow @ 1400PPM and 5.8ph

-Pumps=1-120gal aquarium air pump. That pump has 2 nozzles and each one of those T's so I have a total of 4-1" air stones in the reservoir. (there will be a second added)

-Fans= 1 oscillating fan, one automatic oscillating heater fan.

-Lights= Two 48" fluorescent ceiling light fixtures one high blue, one high red spectrum bulbs with 36+ watt range. Set at 6-12" above plants They are running at 16hrs on 8hrs off.

Grow
-Containers= 10gal with two hold drilled in the tops.

-Nutrients= Green Dream Bloom @ 1400PPM and 5.8ph

-Pumps= 1-210gal air pump. This pump has 4 output nozzles each one T's for a total of 2 air stones per container.

-Fans= 1 oscillating fan, one automatic oscillating heater fan.

-Light= 600W digital ballast rated @ 95,000 lumen's approximately 3' away from the plants

Other:
Net pots
Hydroton (little red balls)
Ventilation (soon to come)

Lets get started

Here is the brand new 600W
PICT1026.jpg

Bottom of the grow room
utf-8BSU1HMDAxODctMjAxMDAyMTctMDAxN.jpg

Early veg room
PICT1027.jpg

PICT1028.jpg

PICT1029.jpg

PICT1038.jpg

Bubbles!
PICT1039.jpg

Okra (for fun)
PICT1031.jpg

Grow room up and running
PICT1065.jpg

PICT1066.jpg

PICT1067.jpg

PICT1068.jpg

This is the veg room after we had cloned and moved the plants into the grow room. It looks a little desolate right now.
PICT1070.jpg

These should help that
PICT1071.jpg

This is all I have at the moment but I will for sure keep this updated fairly frequently.

Thanks I really have done gobs and gobs of reading and researching.

I have updated the light height, but veg is 6-12" flower/grow is about 3' I have this one so high because it puts out almost to much for that little number of plants.

But I would like to state that I am always open to any suggestions from anyone with more experience than I. Which at this point would be any.

Two things I get up on a soap box to preach about ae ALGAE and INSECTS.

You don't know you got them, until you got them, and then it is too late.

I am not saying it is mandatory, I do urge you to consider some kind of cup cover, that covers the rocks and prevents light from shining on them, until the plants can blockt he light off of the rocks. I see a new grower post everyday here, HELP! I GOT ALGAE.
You can use paper, cardboard, styrafoam, I sue styrafoam saucers, they can handle the water and reflect the light. Like this:

I'll be back in an hour and remove the pics, I just wanted to show you.

And what precautions have you done to prevent critters like gnats and spider mites? You may have gone years with no bugs or pests in the house, but with the extra moisture, heat and humidity, bugs will find your grow somehow. They ride in on a dog or cat, or on your shoes from outside.

Thanks a lot Roseman, I am seeing that you are quite full of helpful tips.

I have seen the covers and I have been thinking of fashioning something up to cover the hydroton so thanks ill get on that.

As far as critter control, I just built this room. Its in an attic of a shed and the only person who goes in and out is yours truly. I did spray some insecticide a few days before I brought anything into the room. The room is sealed up with only 3 entries the door, and two vent points, one is an inlet one outlet. I feel it should be pretty sealed up (And I have filters on the inlets) to keep the little bugger out. I know they can be a nuisance.

I grew up on a farm so I like to think I have a bit of growing experience just in larger numbers and not quite as controlled conditions.

Very impressive Brew, we seem to think a like in the aspect of having everuthing very tidy and organized, even the mylar is crisp install :)

Looking forward to more pics

SG

Ok guys things have changed very much! I have been busy busy busy!

Well I have built an entire new grow room and changed locations. Long story but never the less I have a little more room.

So here is grow room V2
Grow
1898.jpg

Invested in an Ozone generator to ward off little pests! I would highly highly recommend these to people who wish to be super anal.
2602.jpg

This is the new grow still need to get my mylar back up.
3530.jpg

Oh my this makes my pants fit funny
4400.jpg

5319.jpg

6278.jpg

7235.jpg

Well thats it for now they seem to be pretty happy and content. They are really starting to come on right now. The plant that is largest and has the close ups is 3 weeks in. And others are staggared from there.

Thought I would share enjoi!

Time to go :bongrip: night night

Thanks guys it amazes me how fast these plants are really taking off and shooting white hairs. I stopped to see a good friend last night which some of these were his clones and we checked his out which are about 3 weeks ahead of mine and I am only seeing very good things to come with these.

The smell is intoxicating.

looking great bro, yeah my crop leaves me with a fresh lemon scent every time i mess with them.

Yet again I have been super busy as usual and havent had time to update this sucker but I thought I would update my nutrients. Recently I have been reading into additives and have added flair form's whole line to my ladies (minus silika magic need to buy that one). What I do have so far are:

Pythoff

PY500.jpg

Grow Storm

GS11.jpg

Lastly Bud Storm

BS11.jpg

Click pictures for links also I am running at their recommended dose and its running right around 1500ppm but that is with everything included.

So far I have been running the Bud storm for a few weeks and just picked up grow storm and Pythoff yesterday my local hydro store had broken the cap to the Pythoff and knocked the price from $50 to $20 I had the same lids at home so I grabbed it.

But since only running the bud storm the girls are turning white! Coating themselves with crystals! As I have stated I got a few of the plants as clones from a friend of mine and he just finished some up and mine still have about 4-5 more weeks left and they looked comparable to his. I am a large supporter of these now!

I will get some pictures up hopefully tomorrow

Bah! I know well I had every intention of doing that but I left my camera in a friends car that went home for easter so I just got it back today. Scouts Honor there will be some tonight!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom