Brown rust on leaves not using CalMag yet

420growerUK

420 Member
All other conditions ie pH etc are good low rh at around 30-34 but other than that everything is good, only just started seeing this the other day but has got worse was thinking start using cal mag? Using shogun samurai nutes in, 70l dwc res pH sits around 5.5-6 feeding once every 6 days and topping up with water when required any help appreciated

Attachments

• DSC_0354.JPG
    DSC_0354.JPG
    440.1 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_0355.JPG
    DSC_0355.JPG
    721.7 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_0353.JPG
    DSC_0353.JPG
    494.7 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0350.JPG
    DSC_0350.JPG
    455.3 KB · Views: 94
The spots in the first image, and yellow between the leaf veins lead me to believe your plants have a cal/mag deficiency. I grow in coco/perlite and start with cal/mag when I put the seeds into water for germination. I add the cal/mag to every nutrient batch right through until I flush prior to harvest.

Yeah looks like she need a shot of calmag to me aswell mate. Watch your ppm too. Little bit too high. Can see there's a bit too much N in there. That can start to lock things out aswell.

I dont have an ec meter yet but will get one tomorrow along with a bottle of cal mag and get things sorted out was going to flip tomorrow too haha

The spots in the first image, and yellow between the leaf veins lead me to believe your plants have a cal/mag deficiency. I grow in coco/perlite and start with cal/mag when I put the seeds into water for germination. I add the cal/mag to every nutrient batch right through until I flush prior to harvest.

Had two goes with cal mag now and seems to be getting worse plant on left is perfect no signs of any deficiency at all and one on right is a mess all the roots are fine and both in same res so getting the exact same feeding etc so the only difference between the two is that one of the air stones broke so it's just the air line providing oxygen to the plant on the right rather than having the air stone could this be a cause? Photos to follow

Had two goes with cal mag now and seems to be getting worse plant on left is perfect no signs of any deficiency at all and one on right is a mess all the roots are fine and both in same res so getting the exact same feeding etc so the only difference between the two is that one of the air stones broke so it's just the air line providing oxygen to the plant on the right rather than having the air stone could this be a cause? Photos to follow

Attachments

• DSC_0392.JPG
    DSC_0392.JPG
    754.5 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0390.JPG
    DSC_0390.JPG
    732.4 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_0389.JPG
    DSC_0389.JPG
    430.3 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0393.JPG
    DSC_0393.JPG
    569.3 KB · Views: 83
Yes. The air stones break it up into much finer bubbles, and feed a more constant air supply to the root mass, so the plant won't drown. A pet or hydroponics store should be able to supply something to get you through this.

Back
Top Bottom