Browning on leaf tips

Alecia

420 Member
Hey Gang 1 of my little Afgooey plants is browning on the tips of its leaves ..... HELP!
Spider Farmers Fs1000
Afgooey
Soil - mushroom compost high quality top soil compost and composted organic humus

Fox Farms but haven’t fertilized yet

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi @Alecia and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

The pH of your soil is not something you can adjust at this point and it is meaningless to try to measure it with a probe. Adjust the pH of the water coming in, and you adjust the soil. It is the pH of the water that is important... if there is actually a need to even worry about it. The only reason we adjust pH is when we are using synthetic nutes, such as the Fox Farm line. These nutes are chelated, which means they are locked up and unavailable to the plant, until they break free of their EDTA bonds... and they do that by being mixed in water at the correct pH. Right now, pH is not the issue.

The light reading of 700 really means nothing either. That meter can only take relative readings and that number doesn't really relate to anything else. I can tell you though, your leaves do not look like they are complaining about light, because that is a special sort of damage and reaction... your plants are not doing it.

So this brings me to my favorite topic and the most common mistake made when trying to grow these weeds. Overwatering by watering too often. Weeds need a definite wet/dry cycle in order to thrive, and between waterings you need to let the soil dry out all the way to the bottom of the container. When it is time to water, lifting the container should shock you, it will be so light, and your human senses should not be able to sense any water weight at all. So tell me, how often are you watering? Your plant beginning to yellow and even the puffiness of the second plant makes me wonder if you are an overwaterer? :peace::love:

I have not been letting them dry out between watering and when they started to brown I watered again so I’m stressing now big time
Don't stress this is 420 mag !!!!!!! Just let them dry out and check out some of the watering techniques on the forum emilya has a good one if you click the green proper way to water under her name , they don't look that bad to me , lots help here on 420 just gotta ask

I have not been letting them dry out between watering and when they started to brown I watered again so I’m stressing now big time
And, there's no reason to be stressed out Alecia.
These plants, and growing them are supposed to be therapeutic and stress relieving.

Let's see if we can get you back into the 'nirvana state'.

I suggest you take a deep breath, hold it for a count of three and let it out slowly while saying to yourself "everything is gonna be ok."

THEN, read @Emilya 's post above again.

The simple remedy to your stress is to stop over watering your plant.
Easy. You can do it.

Just STOP for a couple days.

** Edited to say: Dektex is right. Throw that piece of crap 'meter' away.

What I’ve learnt over my 15years is don’t stress it’s a WEED (plant) at the end of the day they’re strong girls and my watering technique has bettered over time knowing my room size and humidity levels to know when I’m watering too much you don’t want your humidity to too high during veg another trick for watering is stick your finger into the soil about up to your middle knuckle if it’s still wet a third of the way up then it’s too wet still I usually feed every 1-2 depending on pot sizes and growing medium

Back
Top Bottom