Bubble All The Way - Turn your leaf and trim into connoisseur-grade hash

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Bubble hash is a relatively new term given to pressed hash made from pure trichomes. When you fire up traditional hashish, impurities in the resin will burn. Pure, unadulterated cannabis-trichome resin will bubble and melt like butter when flame is applied. As my friend Bubbleman says, "if it don't bubble, it ain't worth the trouble."

I met him while visiting Breeder Steve's (Spice of Life Seeds) garden in Europe. Bubbleman is the inventor of the Bubblebag, unequivocally the best water-hash-making kit you can buy. The extraction technique is not new, but the six-screen system gives you control over your quality and quantity ratios, allowing you to isolate the best of the best. Oh yes, there's much more life than just smoking kif.

Collected trichomes, also called kif or resin powder, easily press into solid pieces of hash. This can be done many ways. The finished product, in my opinion, ranks among the world's greatest hashish. This smoke is truly fit for kings. Potency can be more than 50%, dare I say 75%, THC! The health benefits are tremendous--your lungs will thank you. Take away all that vegetable matter, and all you inhale is THC and the pure essence of the plant. Since you remove the trichome heads intact, oils containing the essences that carry the taste to your palate are also captured.

Producing this royal hash from your leaf trimmings and subpar buds is very easy. Each bag in the Bubblebag kit has a screen sewn into the bottom, each with a different size mesh (holes) measured in microns. The six sizes are 220U, 190U, 160U, 73U, 45U and 25U. Depending on how much material you're working with, use either a 1, 5 or 20-gallon bucket.

The bags go inside one another smallest to largest. First, place the 25U into the bucket, then the 45U, and so on until the last bag, the 220U. The 220U bag is the work bag where the material is placed for blending, so it's considerably stronger than the others. Now add water and ice to your bucket and bags, to a level just above the screen. This will keep your materials from falling through the dry screen. Keep in mind that water is our friend through all of this; it keeps most contaminants afloat. Ice is very important to the process, because it's the icy-cold water that makes the glands brittle for easy separation from the plant matter.

Now add your materials--which should be leaf and/or bud, but no branches--on top of the water. Add lots more ice and top off with water. Now you're ready for blending. Using a hand mixer, blend 1-gallon kits for 10 minutes, 5-gallon kits for 15 minutes, and 20-gallon kits for 20 minutes. Then let them settle, 20 minutes for the 1-gallon, 30 minutes for the 5-gallon, and 45 minutes for the 20-gallon kit. This allows all the tiny heads you've dislodged from the plant matter to sink and fall through the screens.

Best results can only be achieved by ensuring there's still ice left when you reach this point. After the brew is allowed to settle, you can start to pull the bags, one by one. First remove the 220U bag that's holding all the plant matter. Immediately turn it inside out, dispose of the material and clean the bag with cold water. This is the best way to clean and preserve your Bubblebags. Now you're ready to pull the bags holding the real booty.

The material from the next bag, the 190U, may contain some contaminant, but still is good hash. Remove it from the screen, and place it on its corresponding pressing screen, included in the kit for the water-removal process. Remove the material that's been captured in each of the other bags, the 160U, the 73U, the 45U and finally, the 25U. Place the material on separate pressing screens provided. Each grade will have unique qualities. You're looking for the full melt.

To remove the majority of the remaining water, use a rolling pin. Place the pressing screen on a towel and place another towel on top of it. Then lightly press with the rolling pin. Like with buds, drying the resin should not be rushed. "This is where many people make a mistake," says Bubbleman. "They take the final product that's only been mildly pressed, and press it in their fingers while it's still wet, resulting in moldy bubble hash in most every case."

Using the 25U pressing screen removes most, but not all of the water. Take the wet patties and break them up into fine powder over a piece of thick cardboard. This will pull all the water out over the course of a few days, leaving you with a final product that is bone-dry and ready to be stored. In an unpressed state, your bubble hash will smoke like a bowl of trichomes; pressing and curing it will enhance taste and potency even further. "This is where the magic begins," Bubbleman tells me.

This mostly pertains to getting the water out, which is the reason for using cardboard for drying. Bubbleman says, "There are nonactive chemicals that lay dormant as carboxylic-acid chains, which react and turn active once time, oxidation or pressing with heat occurs. By losing the carboxylic acid ring, you activate previously nonactive cannabinoids. You'll get a much darker color as this happens, as the layer that contains the oils and cannabinoid profile in the head breaks and mixes together." Basically, this means you have to apply heat and pressure. The simplest way to do this is to use your hands or to place it in your shoe to press the resin into a patty.

Bubbleman is a true hash guru who suggests everyone read Robert Connell Clarke's book Hashish. If you're a ganja purist like me, you'll be amazed by cannabinoid worlds you've yet to explore. Every grower can utilize bubble bags to turn trash into stash, without having to coat your lungs black from poisonous impurities. I can envision a time when everyone smokes pure, healthful bubble hash.

Kyle Kushman

Re: BUBBLE ALL THE WAY - Turn your leaf and trim into connoisseur-grade hash.

Myself and a mate have been using bubble bags for almost as long as we've known each other, and been smoking together (about 4 years). Just did a run on the weekend with other mates, we got about an oz (28g) of hash after the final pressing between silk-screen & towel to remove moisture. That will come down a bit after drying/curing, but it's still a decent amount of product to go between 4 people :) We didn't weigh how much leaf trim we used, but it was about 1 1/2 to 2 standard bucket-fulls :laughtwo: That ain't a legit unit of measure for sure!

I just had a rock in the pipe and felt like mentioning that personally, I prefer to smoke hash over smoking buds. Just such a nicer, cleaner high, and more intense in ways. That's just what I prefer, if anyone prefers buds to hash then I don't want to create a problem here :p this is just how I feel.

Thinking I might turn the harvest I'm waiting on completely into hash, I've still yet to try the tube & butane method (honey oil) but I'm keen as beans :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ok enough dribble for now

Peace Everyone
:peace:

bubble_bags.JPG

edit:
Also just forgot to add this, I find I feel less paranoia from smoking (bubble) hash and not so much of a "weed hangover" the next morning.

To everybody, owning your own set of bubble-bags is a wise investment. You will reap the benefits of bubble-hash for years to come! Go have a look at prices on ebay, they really don't cost all that much :grinjoint:

Since you're getting mostly pure trichomes and you're not smoking the leafy green (gold, purple) material, the high and after affects are different.

It's also quite stealthy - very little smoke for a comparable level of euphoria.

It's easy to make the bubble hash powder more portable, too. Using the "shoe hash" method, you can wrap a gr. or so in cellophane and seal it w/ black electrical tape to make a thin rectangular wafer that you put in your sock under your foot. Walk around for a few hours doing your normal routine and before long the heat and pressure makes a nice chunk of hashish. This chunk is easier to use without losing crumbs of trichomes to the wind or shaky hands trying to transfer the powder to your bowl...say sitting on the beach or in your back yard. The hash can be "fluffed" before placing in your pipe by dancing a light flame over the surface (without burning it) and then crumbling with your fingers. Personally I prefer to smoke the unpressed powder.

Yeah man I prefer to crumble my bubble hash until it's either really powdery, the consistency of sand or little "pellets" roughly the size of a match-head. I haven't tried using heat to press bubble hash before, I've heard of the shoe hash method lol. Perhaps I'll give it a try today :cheesygrinsmiley:

Dry will work, and yes, break them down a little to help the extraction.

Medicinal, sorry if this has been answered in another post, but I have been looking for the answer and have not been able to find it. I plan on getting some bubble bags, but im a little confused as to what leaves are suitable. Are you using only the leaves that have visible trics? Or do you use all of the leaves from the female plant? The reason I ask is because I have been pruning and trimming my plant, and have been throwing away the majority of the green matter, should i be saving this, or should I only be concerned with the trim removed from buds? Any info on this would really help. thanks.

Medical Marijuana's gone man, he won't be back.

When I make bubble hash I use the whole lot, stems included.

You'd probably get a purer cleaner hash if you stuck to tric covered trim and bud.

Please make sure your plant material is DRY - I tried making bubble hash one time with freshly picked buds right off the plant! Dumb idea. I learned from it and I'll never allow it to happen again.

If you'd rather use only the good stuff in your bubble bags, make some hash oil or cannabutter with the leftover stuff.

You'd probably get a purer cleaner hash if you stuck to tric covered trim and bud.

Please make sure your plant material is DRY - I tried making bubble hash one time with freshly picked buds right off the plant! Dumb idea. I learned from it and I'll never allow it to happen again.

If you'd rather use only the good stuff in your bubble bags, make some hash oil or cannabutter with the leftover stuff.

What happened?

Re: Bubble All The Way - Turn your leaf and trim into connoisseur-grade hash.

So, how much should one pay for bubble bags?

I disagree about using dry matter for bubble hash. The drier the material the more plant matter that breaks off and ends up in the hash. This decreases potency and purity and makes it hard to get fulll melt. I also won't use stems. They clog the mixer blades. I don't grind my plant matter either as it too will allow the smalller particles to sift through the bags decreasing purity and potency. I allow the 15 minutes of mixing do all the work and run everything through the bags 2 to 3 times. The secret is super cold super pure water and ice.

The question that was never answered.......

What did happen to Medical Marijuana?

He's gone. Let's leave it at that. You won't get a different explanation. Sorry for being blunt but it's the only way I know how to answer your question.

Ganja Who said:
So, how much should one pay for bubble bags?

The real originals run about $150 for a 3 bag set. There are knock offs on ebay that run anywhere from $30 to $75 for a 3 bag set but the quality and screen sizes aren't the same so yields aren't the same. But then again my motto is... any hash is better than no hash. lol

I had posted this on a different thread the other day, I figured I would add it here also,
I figured I would try to contribute to this thread as I have made hash many times and even just made some last night and will be making another batch in 5 days. I will put up a full pictoral following this post to demonstrate the way I make it. I developed this system a few years back. I had borrowed a set of "bubble Bags" from a friend and twice made "water/bubble" hash with them. At 1st I really thought that they were great, 5 gal pail, a bag of ice and a drill with a paint mixer attachment.... seemed easy and got quite a bit of hash in return. Shortly after useing the bags I began to wonder how it worked, resin like sap is heavier than water and green matter floats.... seemed basic enough... then I thought "Do I even need the bags to do this"... the answer I discovered was, no.
Here is how I make "water/bubble" hash. Take a jar, fill 3/4 with icy water(almost crystalized) put in trimmings, then shake the hell out of it for 30 seconds. Set the jar down and watch the magic happen. Within 5 mins all the green matter is floating on top, and the bottom is covered in golden trichs! Scoop off the green matter (which you can 2nd wash if you want), keep gently adding water untill all the green matter flows off the top. Now take a coffee filter and run the whole jar through it. Once the water passes through the filter just put on flat surface and scrape the hash off the filter... let dry and you are done.
I have now done this 15-20 times and have learned a few tips but basicly the best way in my opinion.
In 5 days when I make the next batch I will take a series of pics to demonstrate the process. I will also post some pics shortly on what I got from the batch I did last night.
Hope this info helps,
It was from this thread,
Silk Screen Hash - Advice Needed

I plan on making the next batch today and will put up a full pictoral thread on "my" way of making "water" hash.

Jonny

Sorry, Racefan. I didn't mean to touch a nerve. I was absent from this forum for a while, and apparently I missed some stuff. But, thank you for at least addressing my question, as opposed to just ignoring it.

I have been reading about these new 6 and 7 bag sets. That would be sweet to be able to get six different grades of hash. Though, I would be happy with just one!!!

:rollit:

Click the link in my signature to see how easy it can be to make hash with Bubblebags.
The pictorial shows my first ever attempt at making hash...personally, I think it was fantastically simple:slide:
Check out Aqualabs on our sponsor page , link in my signature, for Bubblebags and other hash extraction products.
:high-five:
Bassplayer

Back
Top Bottom