Bucket transplants

Thanks for the info.
I went with the fox farm ocean forest,was able to get it at a discount for 5.99 for 12 qts.
It is very lightweight, does it need water everyday in a 5 gal felt pot?
That should do it for awhile,tyvm for responding.
No Prob.. Keep us updated maybe every 2 weeks and let us know how the plants are liking the ocean blend..

No Prob.. Keep us updated maybe every 2 weeks and let us know how the plants are liking the ocean blend..
After a couple weeks I'm glad to say my plants are doing very well. I was probably a little late transplanting them as they were getting very yellowed. Now they have gotten a lovely green and seem very happy!
I was wondering if the lower fan leaves should be removed which are still yellow?
Tops are green and growing well, now over 2' tall and it's still early.
I did pinch the tops and they branched out nicely. The fox farm ocean forest seems excellent. Thanks again!

It's your call on how you want to trim up the bottoms of your plants.. If they have yellowed you may not get much of any solar intake value from them.. If you trim down some of that bottom stuff you'll probably force the plant to concentrate on new growth. I've seen Youtube's of head chops where the grower will actually trim the tips off those lower sun collecting leaves to force the plant into concentrating its growth toward the top of the plant..
It's always nice if you can upload a photo of the plants in question so we can get a look see..

It's your call on how you want to trim up the bottoms of your plants.. If they have yellowed you may not get much of any solar intake value from them.. If you trim down some of that bottom stuff you'll probably force the plant to concentrate on new growth. I've seen Youtube's of head chops where the grower will actually trim the tips off those lower sun collecting leaves to force the plant into concentrating its growth toward the top of the plant..
It's always nice if you can upload a photo of the plants in question so we can get a look see..
I would love to post pics but not sure how to also it seems FB sees my pics too and dont know about privacy.
I would like to take pics but not sure if they will be secure,seems FB sees my pics too if I take them with my cell phone.

I would love to post pics but not sure how to also it seems FB sees my pics too and dont know about privacy.

I would like to take pics but not sure if they will be secure,seems FB sees my pics too if I take them with my cell phone.
I use an editing suite like Paint 3D or Gimp 2.0 and then save as a PNG or JPG to my pictures file bypassing anything to do with Face Book unless I'm specifically uploading something to a FB group.

When using Fox Farm Ocean Forest can it be mixed with any other soils or should it be all Fox Farm? Also wearing a mask with it sounds important. I ordered some 5 gal felt bags and will be growing outside. Any feedback is appreciated.I have them in 1 gal pots now they are about 12-15 inches tall but need more room.
I grow mine in 5 gallon buckets with FF. If it's in 1gal now what I do is wait until I can literally pull it out without losing any dirt ...root bound basically. Then into 5 gallon. Score the sides n bottom of rootball as u transplant. I transplanted this thing about 2 weeks ago. I grow monsters n I live in nor east Massachusetts

Attachments

• 20200627_094419.jpg
    20200627_094419.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
I grow mine in 5 gallon buckets with FF. If it's in 1gal now what I do is wait until I can literally pull it out without losing any dirt ...root bound basically. Then into 5 gallon. Score the sides n bottom of rootball as u transplant. I transplanted this thing about 2 weeks ago. I grow monsters n I live in nor east Massachusetts
cool, I'm counting 10 possible cola's- bud formations there.. How many weeks old is this girl? I'm in week 5 with my girls and started to do main line low stress training on them after week 4...

cool, I'm counting 10 possible cola's- bud formations there.. How many weeks old is this girl?
Umm I lose track lol I'd say end of April. I start them in my window
Let it get root bound in plastic solo cup then into 1 gallon, then into 5 gal. I just spread her out the other day and only topped once. I've got too many things to do so I try to do the least amount of messing with them. In Boston our daylight changes around August forst so she gonna stretch still lol. Go to dateandtime.com it'll tell you when to expect flowering. It helps

Umm I lose track lol I'd say end of April. I start them in my window
Let it get root bound in plastic solo cup then into 1 gallon, then into 5 gal. I just spread her out the other day and only topped once. I've got too many things to do so I try to do the least amount of messing with them. In Boston our daylight changes around August forst so she gonna stretch still lol. Go to dateandtime.com it'll tell you when to expect flowering. It helps
Looks to me to be about 6-7 weeks old judging from the size of the main stalk and overall growth.. you did a nice job on this one opening up the plant.. looks happy ..

"In Boston our daylight changes around August forst so she gonna stretch still lol. Go to dateandtime.com it'll tell you when to expect flowering. It helps"

I live in IL and got a late start because of covid 19 delays.. I didnt get mine planted until the end of May so I'm just going week to week until I hit week 8 or 9 and then will see if I need to add more veg time.. I want to get max growth before flipping to 12/12.. thats how I'm playing it out..

Like Quote

Looks to me to be about 6-7 weeks old judging from the size of the main stalk and overall growth.. you did a nice job on this one opening up the plant.. looks happy ..
Thanks bro. I've been getting better every year. You know how it goes I did kill a few a few yrs back but now I'm good lol. FF is awesome soil. #1 you dont need to give any nutes for a month! Love that stuff! I go half nutes because that's so good. I also have a couple Lowryders going .

"In Boston our daylight changes around August forst so she gonna stretch still lol. Go to dateandtime.com it'll tell you when to expect flowering. It helps"

I live in IL and got a late start because of covid 19 delays.. I didnt get mine planted until the end of May so I'm just going week to week until I hit week 8 or 9 and then will see if I need to add more veg time.. I want to get max growth before flipping to 12/12.. thats how I'm playing it out..

Like Quote
Right exactly. You'll still get a good yield I've started late as well before and it worked out. Happy growing bro!

Back
Top Bottom