Bud Washing

Hello guys,
Has anyone tried the salt and vinegar produce soak on buds? Then probably hot/cold water?
Does anyone think this will work?

Ill do a side by side comparison in the near future if you budwashing guru's think I should try it out.

??

That's what some folks told me, who do wash there buds, that the bicarb/lemon juice thing might affect the flavor negatively. Those guys wash using just hydrogen peroxide and water.

I don't know how it would affect the buds(salt and vinegar). It is probably similar to the way you folks are doing it on here with great success. Maybe I should try it. Does anybody have a good reason why this would be a dumb idea?

I think that the baking soda/lemon juice cancel each other pretty well so the bath should be relatively pH neutral with little smell or taste, the lemon juice smell disappeared aftert I added it to the backing soda/water mixture. I just don't see salt & vinegar cancelling out, I mean it is a potato chip flavor afterall. Never heard of B.S. & L.J. flavor!! ;) You can try it but I would be more surprised if it worked than it if didn't.

That's what most ppl say about bud washing, period :)

Also you have the hot and cold water baths following the baking soda.
So those would also wash off the vinegar salt soak, I would imagine.

I am leaning toward just washing my buds in one cup 3% hydrogen peroxide/5gal h2o and simply drip drying. One bucket. Quick and effective?????

Well there wasn't a lot of debris that came off of my ladies, mainly dried pistils, but I kept my grow environment, apart from the drip tray, very clean and didn't use any foliars during the grow, just misting with dechlorinated tap water. Would I do it again, Yes, and I go back to the fact that our family washes vegetables prior to their use, why not the same with cannabis, it's just common sense really.

The reason I say that is because the buds I have drying right now that I washed in that manner smell the best. It's really had to say this early, just side a side by side by side wash test last nite: unwashed vs. doc bud wash vs. peroxide/h2o wash.

Waiting waiting waiting

Wish I would have tested the vinegar salt produce soak as well, I guess I will I have another plant coming down soon...

Hey COorganics,

I am still in my first grow, have never harvested or washed a bud in my life. I'm pretty sure I've never even smoked a washed bud. So please understand this comes from a place of ignorance.....why would one want to put buds in salt and vinegar? Vinegar is pretty strong stuff and when one uses salt as a cleaner it is as an abrasive. Wouldn't the abrasiveness of salt remove more trich's than the regular wash? Also, isn't the point of washing buds to remove unwanted particulate, so why would one add more unwanted particulate to the bud?

These are just the questions that come to mind with the salt and vinegar. I wash all of my veggies too, but not in salt and vinegar.

I'm gonna wash some of my first harvest because it all makes sense, but only part of it because I'm still weirded out by the thought of jamming my new beautiful buds into a bucket of water. :)

I've still never smoked a washed bud either! But I have buds washed in doc bud's method, in a hydrogen peroxide 3%\ water solution, and unwashed, same plant!!! I'm stoked. Drying 2 days now. Washed bud definitely doesn't appear damaged in either wash. I think both washed buds are going to dry more evenly in my low RH climate. It's some interesting stuff!!

Imho, don't think salt is a good idea. It doesn't sit right in my brain. I'm not saying you shouldn't try it, It's worth a shot I guess... I personally wouldn't do it, at least not first. Just do like a bud or two at the most too, you don't want to waste all the time and effort it took to grow those buds in the first place....My two cents. If you do it, I would be interested in the results.

also interested in any updates, as I will be trying this with some larger buds soon. I've used it on top colabuds before, and it was great -these are a lil bigger than baseballs already.
I believe a rehydration, of the outer layers, just before drying, is helpful to the curing process .
I do not yet have enough anecdotal, or scientific evidence, to provide any insight, into weather the smell and taste will be affected positively or not - but I'll take cleaner over tastier, anyday.

Back
Top Bottom