Bud washing

misspiggy412

Not sure who but tried the bud washing with 5 gallon buckets..one w 1cup of lemon juice and 1 cup of baking soda . Next 2 buckets clean water rinse. Weed seems fine...but after washing. And now after taking down from drying....with gloves...my fingers burning like hot peppers...??? Is it the weed or the wash...and if it's the wash why still burning after double rinse. It is a potent indica heavy hybrid..double tap. I'm surprised it happened again..gloves were thin and nipped holes in the ones I did wash with..... anyone ever experience this???

Hi misspiggy412, No, not personally but probably citric acid. I recently read that had been modified down to 1/2 cup of each baking soda & lemon juice, so while you are washing & having problems with burning I think I would play it safe and dump the 2 rinse buckets and refill with clean water & do the 2 rinses by themselves one more time. Sure it’s a little frustrating to do that now but it’s not something you want to do later. Use pliers or improvise with whatevs if necessary

Hi misspiggy412, No, not personally but probably citric acid. I recently read that had been modified down to 1/2 cup of each baking soda & lemon juice, so while you are washing & having problems with burning I think I would play it safe and dump the 2 rinse buckets and refill with clean water & do the 2 rinses by themselves one more time. Sure it’s a little frustrating to do that now but it’s not something you want to do later. Use pliers or improvise with whatevs if necessary
Agreed, that amount of lemon juice seemed a bit high. Also, your hands could just be reacting to what you’re washing off the bud, or the bud itself (oils). I know some people, including myself, that Have skin reactions after touching sticky buds for a while. My forearms take it the worst, and I get hives/burning if I don’t wash it right off with alcohol.
My bud wash technique was taken from somewhere on here, I started doing it before I started using my rosin press. The first tub wash room temp and had the lemon juice/baking soda. Second wash was hot (tap) and then a wash of ice cold.
Probably lots of different ways to do it, but if it’s burning your hands, make sure it’s not burning your plants as well.

Well not sure but oh yes Thank you so.much on.harvest..now ..drying curing...still seems pretty impressive to me..hehe...find I dont want to smoke the weed I bought...lol. how cool is that. I did get red mites at end but not bad..so therein the budwash...well if I do it again ill take heed in amounts...also hot peppers I react to...pit bull dander. So I'm at slowing my drying a few....been 6 days...I put in cardboard boxes...loosly..try give it some final.dry time slower....heck i dont know.lol checking often and airing cant let it mold...but temp n humidity controlled n cking it often. Truth..I'm tired so. After jarring I'm bombing cause mites..then starting over..no rush here. Yes so cool to smoke your own..I da never thought!! I'm retired..first grow...ta da

Well not sure but oh yes Thank you so.much on.harvest..now ..drying curing...still seems pretty impressive to me..hehe...find I dont want to smoke the weed I bought...lol. how cool is that. I did get red mites at end but not bad..so therein the budwash...well if I do it again ill take heed in amounts...also hot peppers I react to...pit bull dander. So I'm at slowing my drying a few....been 6 days...I put in cardboard boxes...loosly..try give it some final.dry time slower....heck i dont know.lol checking often and airing cant let it mold...but temp n humidity controlled n cking it often. Truth..I'm tired so. After jarring I'm bombing cause mites..then starting over..no rush here. Yes so cool to smoke your own..I da never thought!! I'm retired..first grow...ta da
Hey @misspiggy412 ,
just thought I'd ask your advice as I'm going to wash my buds,
I'm about to harvest some beauties but have been hit hard by red spider mite at the last hurdle.......they have really infected one plant but the other two seem less hard hit, I got some Lady bugs and another smaller mite which eats spider mites but am still worried they will do damage......ooh and i sprayed them with a 50/50 mix of water & alcohol which seemed to knock them down a bit but not kill them all.....AB

Attachments

• IMG-5980.JPG
    IMG-5980.JPG
    592.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG-5971.JPG
    IMG-5971.JPG
    706.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG-5978.JPG
    IMG-5978.JPG
    523.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG-5973 (1).JPG
    IMG-5973 (1).JPG
    876.7 KB · Views: 136
Hey @misspiggy412 ,
just thought I'd ask your advice as I'm going to wash my buds,
I'm about to harvest some beauties but have been hit hard by red spider mite at the last hurdle.......they have really infected one plant but the other two seem less hard hit, I got some Lady bugs and another smaller mite which eats spider mites but am still worried they will do damage......ooh and i sprayed them with a 50/50 mix of water & alcohol which seemed to knock them down a bit but not kill them all.....AB
I have a bud washing link in my signature that outlines the measurements, pretty much a tutorial.
I fought aphids this season, 50/50 sounds harsh but I did want to kill my bugs, too. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom