bug infestation

sontnewb

quick question: grow # 3 has an infestation of what looks like spider mites (white bugs and black bugs, same shape. would a bug bomb work the best?

will soapy water work if the 2nd grow gets bugs on them? their 4 weeks into budding? i will upload a pic just so you know what i'm talking about.

100_17193.JPG

this is my grow room, the lower shelf is infested with the bugs,

I would use a hot shot no pest strip if and only if I could separate all living areas from the grow room and the crop is at risk of total loss.

The stuff is nerve gas and kills humans too. It's only good at treating exposed insects and does not end up inside the plant material. It won't kill eggs. It evaporates so quickly that none of will remain in the plant after a few days. Seal the room and turn off all vents during treatments. Treat every 3 days to kill the adults. It does work, but is only effective against the exposed mites.

The organic insecticidal sprays are either canola oil or Neem oil in water with a bit of biodegradable dish soap. Buy a 1 gallon garden sprayer with a wand and a fan spray tip ($15 at the home improv store) so you can wash the underside of all leaves with a hot strong spray with whatever you use.

The 1 gallon sprayer was one of the best tools I've purchased for my grow tent. I use it all the time to fight the fungus gnats.
Don't even bother with a hand held spray bottle, even with an inverted head. You need that high pressure fan spray on a wand to do the proper treatment. It's like a mini pressure wash when spraying Neem water and it's also useful for plain watering.

Spider mites are nasty. You could easily loose the entire crop if you don't take immediate action.

Dude that's a epic amount of plants :whoa:

Gotta love a sog setup. I've used a pesticide called (plant vitality pro mapp) sprayed one day then waited a day then repeated, I've never seen another mite since. Good luck getting rid of the little buggers.

:Namaste:

Glad I grow my own, with folks using nerve agent's.... Regardless of whether it leaves a residue after a couple days. Would you tell the people you share with or provide meds to, you used a harsh chemical gas?

Yes. It's the ethical thing to do, but hardly anyone does it. Greed dominates the industry. It's a rare person who will tell you all the things they have sprayed on their plants.

The biggest danger of these no-pest strips is to the people who have to breathe the gas. The agent does not dissolve in water at all and quickly dissipates within days. From the consumer's perspective, it's an ideal pesticide because it leaves no residue to consume, unlike the oil based pesticides.

Any adult plant infested with insects is not suitable for meds, in any case.
Rooms and equipment also need to be treated if you want to be rid of the infestation.

Indeed, I understand all about the chemistry of the gasses, powders, bombs, and sprays. I know it washes off but I just fought spidermites it took me a week to get them all out of my garden with neem oil..... $8 for the oil and a week worth of spraying took care of the clowns. Even using harsh chemical sprays you still have to go through the same ordeal. I've seen some instances where the chemical compound got onto leaves and bleached out the leaves.if your going to do the same labor why not do it with a more natural compound?

ive noticed no one has mentioned picking up lady bugs? is there a way to buy 100 of them from somewhere and let them loose to do their work?

I battled spider mites for a couple years on and off. It was hell. At one point I ordered 1000 ladybugs. They mostly flew into the lights and died. They might've eaten a few spider mites before they did but I wasn't counting.
It is going to be hell for you to try to spray all those plants at this point and expect useable herb. But do what you have to do I guess. I have heard that very high CO2 levels will kill all the mites. I don't know much about this. I looked into getting CO2 but it was impossible for me at the time.

'their not spider mites, there's no webs, I sprayed the lower plants (non-budding plants) with Safer's spider mite insecticide and today there's very few bugs left and they were infested??? and the upper shelf is clear.. not sure whats going on...

Back
Top Bottom