Best preventative measures for bugs? Create a second tent for the grow tent using visqueen?

HappySrirachaSauce

I'm worried about infestations in this area, I wanted to get a 10 x 10 grow tent and put a 4 x 4 in it to have a, sealed, controlled space to really keep bugs out but that would be really expensive. My other thought was sealing the entire room with visqueen and install zippers and put the grow tent in that space. I was going to have a bottle of plant therapy on hand just in case but really want to do everything I can to prevent bugs from getting in after I take precautions not to bring them in on my person. This area is a lot more susceptible than others I think. Having good airflow I know also helps.

What extremes have worked for you?

If u get bugs....u get bugs. Mites are microscopic, so if they are prevalent in your area, just be preventative

I went years, never got em, till I got a clone with them, now I'm battling the BORG

What I've learned

Don't get clones...lol
Keep all yer stuff inside. buckets of dirt outside attract critters
Keep tents and areas clean, and clean after each grow if possible

Prevention can help. Sprays, traps, things like that

Worrying won't prevent them

Be cautious and ask for help if u find them

Look into biological pest management using predator bugs

Do you use them in your indoor garden? I will be doing a hempy bucket so soil predetors are out but I could use non soil predators. I was reading about cucumaris, persimilis, lacewing, and swirskii. I am still trying to wrap my mind around infesting your grow with beneficial mites to prevent spider mites when some of them even breed 10x faster than spider mites.

Yes your on the right track. They don’t feed on your plant they feed on the insects that feed on your plant. So if they don’t have food there they won’t stick around. Finding a good organic foliar spray that keeps them away is great thru veg but in flower I would suggest the biological approach.

Yes your on the right track. They don’t feed on your plant they feed on the insects that feed on your plant. So if they don’t have food there they won’t stick around. Finding a good organic foliar spray that keeps them away is great thru veg but in flower I would suggest the biological approach.
which ones do you use specifically?

Back
Top Bottom