Building a LED Vertical Light for a homemade rotating garden

Ye RainerRock, that was my first idea, but it is a bit expensive with four heatsinks, or rather hard to solder in aluminum, i dont know (yet) if i can solder in that compisition that heatsinks are made of.

But im still not sure what is best, your idea or a water cooled idea, i think that water is better, but i just need a big watertank..

Of your going with the water cooled design. You would have need a raditor to cool the water. Because put the water back to the tank will any work for the first 20 minutes and after that you would have over heating problems with th light

It depends on the volym of the water and the heat of the water.
But it i have 40liter of water, and a room temp of 20celsius. The heat from the lamp (273w) will heat the water to 40 celsius in 3h 24min, if i dont count any heatloss during the time. But i cant calculate that yet.

But if i have a cooler i could prolong the time, but all i still a guessng at this point.

good luk bro just remember you dont have to spend alot to get alot.. these are tried and tested and the three of them together work as well as 1400w Hid ( I tested them side by side for 45 days )
100_14302.JPG
100_13865.JPG
092_2_.jpg
and my jackleg inventions work too . this is 1 week with box only

Yep , partly the single pins on the string are christmas lights they were battery operated three AA batteries thats 4.5 v I used a 5.7 v 900 ma cell charger plug ... they re very bright! the strip is an auto under car strip 12 v , But the dc power supply I got at walmart ( 17 bucks) is 1300ma so I can only set it on 9v because it strobes on 12 , it too is very very bright

Hey again!

thanx RainerRock for the tip. But as a machinist i know that these services cost alot.

But I have made progress on the heatsink, im going to post a few pictures when im putting it together. But the main thing now is to build the rotating garden, and that will take some time.

But now for my next question, and I guess that Hosebomber may be the right guy to help me?

I going to order 132 pcs (or more) 3w LED:s from [URL="https://greenthumbled.com/"]Welcome greenthumbled.com - BlueHost.com.[/URL] But I want to make a special order with lenses and all. But im going to grow vegtables, chili, tomatos and so on (for starter).

So, to the point. I want to have a light that have a wide spectrum (or rather a perfect spectrum for all kind of growing), maybe 6, 11, 15 band or whatever the lastest research say? But I would like to know what precentage of each wavelegth i should have and what of kind LED:s?

I hope you can help me.

The greenthumbled website you posted a link to looks just like the site I been looking at for the
solderless LED's.

48 Solderless LED Retrofit Kit - Rapid LED

I checked the contact for both sites and both have the very same contact .

Hey again!

thanx RainerRock for the tip. But as a machinist i know that these services cost alot.

But I have made progress on the heatsink, im going to post a few pictures when im putting it together. But the main thing now is to build the rotating garden, and that will take some time.

But now for my next question, and I guess that Hosebomber may be the right guy to help me?

I going to order 132 pcs (or more) 3w LED:s from [URL="https://greenthumbled.com/"]Welcome greenthumbled.com - BlueHost.com.[/URL] But I want to make a special order with lenses and all. But im going to grow vegtables, chili, tomatos and so on (for starter).

So, to the point. I want to have a light that have a wide spectrum (or rather a perfect spectrum for all kind of growing), maybe 6, 11, 15 band or whatever the lastest research say? But I would like to know what precentage of each wavelegth i should have and what of kind LED:s?

I hope you can help me.

Hello Folks!

I want to show i progress in buildning the garden, its a slow process cuz i can only work on it in the afternoon.

11757.jpg

21340.jpg
31202.jpg

4865.jpg

5670.jpg

6572.jpg

This is the hard part, to make the big wheel.

a160.jpg

b97.jpg

c83.jpg

Here i am making the aluminum holders for the growing medium.

More pictures will come. The idéa is to sell (for a few dollars) the whole process with alot of pictures and detailed instruction in how to build a own garden.

Hi

Here is more pictures of the process:
g40.jpg

Here am I fianlly starting to build the LED lamp:

l37.jpg

The heatsink is bought from heatsinkusa.com or something. Quite expensive thing to play around with.
I was (am) not sure if this would (will) work. But I will give it a honest try.

m50.jpg

Here i have heated the fins with a propane burner and the bent the fins.

n29.jpg

o12.jpg

I hope that the cooling will work for 129pcs of 3W n 5w LEDS, not at full power tho.

Ye I know, but I thought that the 3W n 5W LEDs have better thec, n therfore is more efficent at 1W capacity, plus I get fewer diods, meaning fewer holes to drill =). But the biggest avantage is that I could find all the LEDs I wanted at 3W n 5W. I had a hard time to find the same at 1W. I did not think that It wold be much cheaper, maybe 100-200$, but 3times the mouting time...

But It was worth considering, thanx. But now I have bougth the LEDs already.

Hi Daraldo, good point and very true. But Luckly I dont have copper and aluminum in contact.
But another intreseting thing about aluminum is that is could be posinus if you dont anodinise the metal, so next stop is too anodinise every aluminum that comes in contact to the plants. This will give the aluminum a hard surface because all the electroeds will be "stuffed?" with electricety. ( plz forgive my poor english)

Hi

o12.jpg

I hope that the cooling will work for 129pcs of 3W n 5w LEDS, not at full power tho.

HAHAHA thats awsome man when i was catching up i saw the pic of the circular heat sync and when u said you wanted flat i invisioned just what you built haha good shit man love when pll make there own set up : ) props major

Hi everyone

Now the wheel is operational, and its working just fine.

here som pictures that i have neglect to show you
r46.jpg

t48.jpg

x25.jpg

Ant this is how the first batch is doing.
1_veckan_3_.JPG

After a week

5_vecka_1_.JPG

After five weeks

IMG_24147.JPG

After seven weeks

Back
Top Bottom