Building the grow room

Tophergrow

420 Member
Need some help designing my grow rooms.

I have a 7x11 space that I am framing and doing electrical. trying to do it right the first time so that I don’t have to redo anything.

Looking at my flower room being 7x7 with the hope of flowering 4 to5 plants at a time. Which leaves 4x7 for a veg room.

Looking at the budget lights for both rooms but not sure on how much power they need since they are LED. Just taking suggestions on plugs and construction ideas.

Any suggestions are welcome!!!! Thanks.

Attachments

• A1B05A9D-2B1F-4EBE-A972-EDE38381E2CC.jpeg
    A1B05A9D-2B1F-4EBE-A972-EDE38381E2CC.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 69
20amp breaker needed for man cave for sure! Very nice layout. I would say three breakers for sure and one extra for reserve would be good. I would run a 100 amp sub panel which would give you six slots, they are cheap and easy to install. One line for 24 hour power like fans and stuff, one for veg lights and one for flower lights. One for man cave for cold snacks, xbox, big screen tv and so on. In your dry room area I would look at a water rez area to use for both rooms as well. 35-55 gallon with air stones is it on a float valve for auto fill. Not sure what style of grow you plan on doing (soil, hydro).

So I failed to fully explain. The man cave is on the bottom floor. The bedroom, grow room and storage are all in a loft.

so tour saying run a sub panel off the 200 amp main?

All three of my houses I run a 100amp breaker on main over to sub. It is really nice having line per room for lights and line for full time power. Now I run my lights on over night and early morning hours to avoid most house use at same time. So for me flower is 8pm on 8am off and veg runs 4pm on 10am off. It also helps being on during coolest times of outside temps.

For got to add I run 20 amp breakers but use them like you would 15amp to keep them cool. So with 20amp breakers if you run up to 11-13 amps the breakers stay nice and cool. Now if you really want to save some money then run 220 volt lines off sub panel to the light lines.

Homeline 100 Amp 6-Space 12-Circuit Indoor Surface Mount Main Lug Load Center with Cover
$18.98

Homeline 20 Amp Single-Pole Circuit Breaker

$431

Buy 10 or more $3.88
That is at home depot

Back
Top Bottom