Bulkhead question

miscellaneous

Hi all....I'm a rookie in the organization stage of doing a grow, I don't smoke but am fascinated by the challenge and fun of growing so I am going to do a 3-6 plant grow depending on how many females I get from a 10 seed order :) I'll be giving it away to a friend, and I may do one smoke to celebrate :thumb:

I like the idea of the undercurrent DWC. I went to Lowes and grabbed some items for the bulkhead. The O-Ring is a #18 and the male/female pipe is 3/4 inch. Here are my questions:

1) After I drill into bucket and secure the piping and O-ring, what seals/secures the fitting outside of the bucket? Do you use a press fit/glue/adhesive?

2) I saw a 400-500 gph water pump at Lowes in the garden for ~40 is that decent? Should I shop online?

3) The blue buckets at Lowes are a little translucent should I be worried about that(ie. get the darker buckets)?

My aim is to build a 3 bucket DWC each bucket has 3 seeds and a res tank bucket. That's 9 seeds and then I will remove a bucket is I get males. So it's a simple small system.

Thanks

----how do i upload the pic of the bulkhead I made most efficiently?

Capture102.JPG

Here is the image I need to ask how to properly water tight seal whatever tube/pvd I put in the device

Back
Top Bottom