Burning Sulfur with dehumidifier

northgate

Hey All - I am currently in Veg about to go to flowering soon. Last run I had a horrible powdery mildew so this time around I decided to use a Sulfur burner. I have done some research and understand that it is important to turn off all types of fans when burning sulfur. The dehumidifier has a fan that shoots air straight out into the air so I was considering turning it off however when I turn it off the humidity jumps to 70% + within 10 minutes. Anyone have any experience with this same situation? Should I turn the humidifier off and let the humidity rise while I burn the sulfur (for about an hour) or should I keep it on?

Thanks

Yeah I am actually doing it in veg about to switch to flowering. I have read a few different posts and some say to keep it dry when burning and others say spray it down with water. I think the high humidity / spraying with water while in veg sounds about right. I just left the dehumidifier off and did not spray. We will see how this goes.

Thanks for the response.

your fine in veg. our plant is perfectly comfortable at around 80% humidity in vegitation, they like around 40% humidity during flower and for the sake of resin production, the last week of growth should be as low as possible, ie 10% humidity. low humidity causes the plant to improve resin production during flower BUT it also stresses the plant and can greatly affect yields, so using the right humidities at the right time will offer you the biggest nugs for your watts ;)

Back
Top Bottom