Powdery Mildew

420CAgirl

I have been researching treatment for powdery mildew and I am curious if anyone has tried any sulfur dusting products such as Fertilome Dusting Sulfer.

I have treated with Serenade and baking soda in the past. Baking soda works well but leaves an ugly residue on the leaves.

What Strain is it? Original Purple and Purple AK47
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Unknown
How Many Plants? 6
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? flower
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 4/5 week
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Hapy Frog
If Soil... What Size Pot? 8 in. Sq.
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 600 Watt + 4ft. 4 bulb t5
Is it Air Cooled? 600 watt
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 68 to 78
RH of Room/Cabinet? 45-58
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering? weekly
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Bio Bloom and earth juice catalyst
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4x4x7

I would rather not spend the 150 for a sulfur burner at this time but would like to get ahead of this mildew. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

420CAgirl

you can make a sulfur burner for ~ $30. pet stores sell the fixture they use.

probably the best way to get rid of PM is to keep the humidity under 45% with lots of air flow.

Try our sponsor Sierra Natural Science

Our Product
SNS-244™ Ready to Use Natural Fungicide is made up of 100% pure Thyme botanical extracts. The botanicals are all food grade GRAS (generally recognized as safe) materials.
SNS-244™ Ready to Use Natural Fungicide is exempt from EPA registration under minimum risk pesticides exempted under FIFRA section 25(b).

How It Works
Airborne 'pathogenic' or disease-causing fungi get inside the plant either by making a hole in its skin (epidermis), or by growing in through the plant's breathing holes (stomata). Then they either poison and kill the plant cells before absorbing food from them or simply steal nutrients from the living cells. Some fungi live in the soil and enter roots. They can either block the water-conducting cells or kill them, causing the plant to wilt. In many cases the plant is seriously damaged or may even die. Such pathogenic fungi can threaten our crops.
As a topical spray SNS-244™ Ready to Use Natural Fungicide kills the fungus through a biochemical interaction on the spores.
Some of the components of SNS-244™ Ready to Use Natural Fungicide are also absorbed systemically by the plant, suppressing the life cycle of the fungal spores and nurturing the plant cells to increase the plant's ability to fight the disease.
Our Product has been tested in our lab on delicate new growth, clones, tomatoes, strawberries, lettuce, spinach, roses, potatoes, citrus, apples and other plants.

Uses
SNS-244™ Ready to Use Natural Fungicide can be used on a wide variety of plants, vegetables, and even trees. When applying the product take caution not to spray any buds on the plant. Doing so
could result in burning the buds sprayed. SNS-244™ Ready to Use Natural Fungicide can be sprayed on fruits, vegetables, and plants including beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, cherries, chives, corn, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, parsley, fuchsia, roses, flowers, houseplants, trees etc.

SNS-244™ Ready to Use Natural Fungicide is fully bio-degradable and is not toxic to animals.

Our Sprayer
SNS-244™ Ready to Use Natural Fungicide comes in a ready to use 4 ounce and 32 ounce spray bottle with a unique any direction sprayer.
Our unique sprayer allows you to spray at any angle you choose. Since fungi hide on the underside of leaves, this sprayer will have no problem at all getting those hard to reach spots.

+1 on the DIY sulfur burner. I have a link somewhere, but the cost is ~$10-$15.

If you think Baking soda leaves a residue ............ Leave the sulfur dust alone. LOL

DD

you can make a sulfur burner for ~ $30. pet stores sell the fixture they use.

probably the best way to get rid of PM is to keep the humidity under 45% with lots of air flow.

Good morning SnowBender,
I tried looking for a burner at my local animal/pet store and could not readily find one. Since I was not sure what to ask for I walked away head hung low :(
Can you tell me a little bit more about what I am looking for?
My RH is usually around 45 but creeps up as high as 55 sometimes. I run a 6" fan to pull air from the tent and a 4" to bring in fresh air. I run trhee fans in the tent for air circulation so I thought I had pretty good airflow. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of my babies (purchased from shop) could have had this prior to me bringing them home so I will not patronize that shop again, but these guys are looking so good and are about 3 to 4 weeks away from completion I hate to give up on them.
I appreciate you taking a look, and any info will be fantastic.
Thanks and happy gardening!
420CAgirl
:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom