Help Quick ! Powdery mildew?

papasmoke

I know I have powdery mildew and I have used baking soda before to get rid of it. The problem is the last time I used it I almost killed 3 of my plants. I believe I mixed it to strong. Do any of you know the proper mix ratio of baking soda to water? How long should I leave the bs/water mix on before rinsing it off the plants? How often should I repeat the remedy? Is there another cheap remedy? What is the cheapest way to lower humidity in a grow room?

Homemade Pest Control

Fungicides are among the most toxic chemicals. Here are a few alternatives:
Listerine - Mix 1 teaspoon of Listerine into 1 quart of warm water
Hydrogen Peroxide - 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water
1/2 teaspoon baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon cooking oil in 1 quart warm water
All of the above recipes should be mixed directly into the sprayer and applied every 10 days or until there is no evidence of fungus.
Cinnamon powder dusted directly onto damaged or cut areas prevent fungus on orchids.

I know I have powdery mildew and I have used baking soda before to get rid of it. The problem is the last time I used it I almost killed 3 of my plants. I believe I mixed it to strong. Do any of you know the proper mix ratio of baking soda to water? How long should I leave the bs/water mix on before rinsing it off the plants? How often should I repeat the remedy? Is there another cheap remedy? What is the cheapest way to lower humidity in a grow room?

A tablespoon in a quart/liter should be lots. You just want to lower the pH of the leaf surface. Mildew don't like high pH. Shouldn't hurt the plants at all. Don't rinse off.

To lower humidity an air conditioner can work for triple purposes.

1) Lower room temps.

2) Reduce humidity big time.

3) Give you back distilled water that you can capture and give back to your girls.

Tip: If you use other than a brand new unit take the cover off and pressure wash the coils etc or you may have just bought a cheap multi-vector plant killing machine!

All the old bugs, virus, fungi, cat dander and associated crud could f**k you up big-time.

Cheers!

My problems go the other way. Ten months of the year it's hard to keep the RH over 25 - 30% and I need a heater to warm my grow even in the late summer.

Time to split my flower room so I can run two smaller rooms w 12 on in one while the other is 12 off. Then flip for an even heat/electrical use. I may never hear the exhaust fan again! Better get some CO2 in there then.

Damn! Fix one prob, find another. Almost like real life.

I'm glad I'm too stoned to care much. {:0)

Back
Top Bottom