But will it screw up the plants?

GGnerd

Hey guys, been an avid 420mag forum browser for a couple months. Anywho I have 4 plants veggin atm, id say its been about 2 weeks since they've broken the surface. I transplanted them into larger pots about 4 to 6 days ago and evidently I mistakenly plugged in my 2ft ho t5 into a non timed socket so it has been runnin 24/0 for the past 4 to 6 days (it was and is now runnin the usual 18/6) and maaan these babies have grown.

Anyway I was just wondering if those few days of 24/0 will have a negative effect on the plants.

Also I wanna give a big thanks to the people running this site and all of the forum members, without you guys I wouldn't know nearly as much as I do and I'm excited to know I still have much to learn. I've never really followed through with projects of mine but I've got high hopes for this ;)

I know you can run a 24/0 veg period, I'm just wondering if the switch from 18/6 to 24/0 and then back to 18/6 would stress the plant noticeably, atm they look like they enjoyed it.

Alright cool, I was thinkin it wouldn't. Guess I just wanted a confirmation.

Irie just wanted to say I'm a big fan of your LED grows, I plan on goin the LED route once I've got a couple grows under the belt and some extra $.

They have actually had growers say it's better for 24hrs of light in veg. They use to believe light did nothing after 18hrs but its been proven they grow bigger and faster under 24hrs of light. when I was under the flourscent i did 24 but once i put under 400w i changed to 18hr instead of wasting bulb and electricty cause roots grow at night too.

Ya I've seen that there are some people who go 24/0 and some who say 18/6 is better. The plants did grow crazily durin that 24/0 period but I think I prefer the 18/6.

Anywho this was my first grow and 3 out of the 4 plants turned out to be males. The 4th I kinda gave up on and unplugged everything, was just gonna let it die but I just checked it today and it seems it may be female. Lol so I plugged everything back in and watered her.

After finding out the 3 were males I got a bit sad thinkin my first grow wasn't going to actually produce anything (I did find it to be a good experience atleast since this was my first time growing anything). So I ended up ordering some seeds (I used bag seed from some kushberry and kali mist I had), now I've got some femminized blue cheese, allkush, and bc golden skunk on the way.

6 hours of dark will help build its root system, and allow them to stretch a little. after 24/7 it's good to put them on 18/6. its still 66% light 33% dark. still in veg.
your plants will thank you.:smokin: i start them on 24/7 then go to 18/6 and have had good results
it wont srcew up the pants during veg its still plenty of light. but if you go to 12/12. make sure you have a dependable timer and no light leaks. dont mess w/ the time. that can really confuse them.
keep it consistent.

Back
Top Bottom