C-Vault - anyone have any experience with these?

Governmentchz

I've got one of their connoisseur sets being delivered today. It's got several different sizes and I'm pretty jazzed. I've been using anchor-hocking glass jars and though they have the plastic stoppers they seem to lose humidity over time. I have one buddy who got one from somewhere (a smaller one) and his stuff is always perfect.

Anyway, I already pulled the trigger and interested to see if anyone here has any experience with them. I can use one of the smaller ones now, but won't need the others for at least 2 more months.

Re: C-Vault...anyone have any experience with these?

They're here!! To put the sizes in perspective, the smallest is sized appropriately to hold almost a half zip depending on density of your flowers. The Medium could hold a full zip, but only for solid/dense bud IMO. The Large is perfect for a full zip of any type and still allows some open space for a bit extra. The XL looks like it can hold about a 1/4 lb. I handwashed each then put a boveda 62% packet in the two small ones and placed about a half zip in each. One was a little dry, the other was pretty fresh, so I should see how they effect (if at all) the product quality as they claim they can.

20131102_083551.jpg

Stainless steel and this set was $99. The anchor-hocking jars I'd been using weren't as airtight as I needed, and as I was looking for an alternative this option was shown to me. I figured what the hell. All the youtube and online reviews I could find said they were great and did a really good job in the curing/storage aspect though they were expensive. That's relative and I happened to have enough cash to take a look, so opted for the set so I could see what the respective sizes could hold.

Look pretty sweet bro. Been considering these myself

Hi GC,

Excuse my ignorance, but what is this and how do you use it?

It is a storage device that can be best described as a cannabis humidor. It's light-tight, air-tight and has a pocket in the lid that is designed to hold a Boveda packet. Boveda packets come in different "humidities". They were originally designed to regulate humidity in tobacco humidors. Those packets were set to 70% (perfect for good cigars), but too high for cannabis so they made some set for 62%. Many people would argue that 62% is too high. I would be one of them, but I needed a good storage solution and before buying mason jars as a default measure, I wanted to see what was available and kept hearing about these in fringe conversation. There were reviews and not one said they didn't improve the quality of bud kept in it for up to several months. So, I got this set. I would also like to edit the quantity I described they could hold. My best estimate would be even increments as follows:

small - .5 zip
medium - 1 zip
large - 2 zips
XL - 4 zips

If the bud is especially airy these quantities might not fit. Mine fit it well.

It is a storage device that can be best described as a cannabis humidor. It's light-tight, air-tight and has a pocket in the lid that is designed to hold a Boveda packet. Boveda packets come in different "humidities". They were originally designed to regulate humidity in tobacco humidors. Those packets were set to 70% (perfect for good cigars), but too high for cannabis so they made some set for 62%. Many people would argue that 62% is too high. I would be one of them, but I needed a good storage solution and before buying mason jars as a default measure, I wanted to see what was available and kept hearing about these in fringe conversation. There were reviews and not one said they didn't improve the quality of bud kept in it for up to several months. So, I got this set. I would also like to edit the quantity I described they could hold. My best estimate would be even increments as follows:

small - .5 zip
medium - 1 zip
large - 2 zips
XL - 4 zips

If the bud is especially airy these quantities might not fit. Mine fit it well.

Well, thanks a lot!:thumb:

I think I need to do more reading on drying/curing/storing, it is an area that I have yet to discover...

Well, I learned the hard way that much time and effort spent on proper growing/harvest can be tossed in the crapper if not handled and stored properly afterwards.

Hey GC,

These look really nice. Why are they better than regular mason jars? I mean, I'm sure they are better, I'm just curious as to what the advantages are. I'm looking to do some LONG TERM storage myself.

Cap

I can't really say if they ARE better than mason jars, but they are supposed to be better than them in that they are light-tight and they won't break if you drop them. Also, they have the pocket in the lid for the boveda packets. I'm sure these packets could be put in mason jars too, but these are convenient and I've found they really do keep your bud perfect longer. I've got one that I put some slightly dry bud in and haven't opened it in a week or so. I'll go another week before I open it, but the stuff I had in my "working" container is fresh, fluffy and smells quite good.

I'm not sure that the cost, as compared to mason jars, is worth the fact that they are light-tight. I plan on placing my mason jars in a closed box for long-term storage to minimize light-related degredation issues.

Yeah, I get that CH. I kinda feel the same way. The last thing I need is to waste money...on anything. I had some vape store credit and hope to one day have a need for the extra storage so dropped on them. I'm not rich, but I've wasted more money on shitty concert tickets or an occasional bad meal than what these cost.

For the record, I think my bud is well-cared for in them and they work well. Are they the newest "must-have" item? No, but they aren't a waste, nor are the claims of preserving/restoring quality unfounded IMO so, take from that what you will.

:peace:

I've no doubt that they perform as advertised and I'm not saying that they are a bad product mind you, just not for me. I was almost tempted to get them for myself, but decided to spend the money on a hanging drying rack and catch pan for my grow box. Another thing I like about glass jars is that you can see how the buds are curing without having to open the container, thus preserving their curing environment, and those Boveda packs, that much longer.

Crap...thanks for reminding me I still have to pick up a hanging drying rack too. No ikea close by, so it looks like another online order excursion is due.

I plan on hanging one of those drying nets in my cabinet, unplugging the light and drying there. It puts the kabosh on thoughts of a perpetual, but I'm not there yet anyway.

That's exactly what I plan to do as well. First I'll hang the freshly washed buds, still on branches, upside down using wooden dowels and plastic clips with the lights off and ventilation/humidification systems running 24/7. When the buds have dried out enough, I'll remove them from the branches, trim them and place them in the hanging dryer rack to finish drying.

After they've been dried and cured? I intend to leave my stuff in them for storage. Just like my cigars that stay in their humidor.

Back
Top Bottom