C-Vault - anyone have any experience with these?

I have been using the packs for a while and I don't know that it really cures faster but better... Not a very good explanation is it..:confused:... It still takes a good 2 to 3 weeks for the buds to tighten up and pull together but I have some that has been curing about a month and is good and ready to smoke but I have some that has been curing longer that certainly got stronger with age. My Wild Thai was a easy 5+ two weeks into cure but now at 2 month it is an easy 8.... I think it helps with mold and in general yuckiness too... Oh and they told ya right... they do get hard and crunchie when they are done but they last a real long time..:circle-of-love:

Pretty spot-on for me too. My stuff was good the day it went into them and got better everyday up to about 2-3 months where it seemed to plateau, but that's 2-3 months of good bud getting better everyday. Again, it can and does occur in other ways and containers. It's like growing, the better your environmental controls the better the grow CAN be. In drying/curing, the better the ideal parameters are maintained, the better the results. I'm kinda weird about stuff like that and couldn't afford the wine-cooler route at the time so got several of them...and I love them. They stack well and can be easily inconspicuous right in the kitchen or on a shelf without garnering any unusual interest. A quart jar of tops would probably get some attention.

I want to get a mega-vault next. LMAO...that's positive thinking for you innit? :cool:

The boveda packs come in different sizes? Or do the larger containers require more packs in them?

if i had the space i would just make my own room for curing and keep the temps down around 50-60 degrees and humidity right around 60% but i live in 800 sq ft of living space so that limits what i can and cant do. i am looking for a place with a basement right now, and there is a basement with almost every house where im from (so hopefully).

right now i have been drying them in a closet in my vegging room but the temps in there are right around 76-80 degrees (humidity is ranging from 50% to 70%.

right now i dry them almost until i can crack the stems when bending then trim the sweat leafs off and throw in a mason jar with a pack and throw it in the jar.

is it bad for the pack to lay against the flowers? i noticed the cvault has a holder on the lid but didnt know if it had a reason for this.

im under the impression that these packs are a two way humidity pack putting humidity in (when needed) and taking humidity out (when needed) just maintaining a humidity of 62% with these packs. so they dont need to be fully dried to be put in the container but to prevent mold from happening i would imagine one would need to dry the flowers out a bit first.

but i recently read that a nice long slow dry process is what will help keep the nice fresh taste. so if you were willing to burp the jars daily putting them in with the packs half way through dry might be beneficial?

well this is what ive been doing so ill let you guys know here.

I&i

The boveda packs come in different sizes? Or do the larger containers require more packs in them?

several different sizes. you can find all the sizes on ebay or other shopping sites.

I&i

Yup as far as I know they have two sizes. The big one looks equal to about 5 of the small ones. My XL vault uses 4 small packs and it holds about 4oz max so roughly 1 small pack per oz seems to be about right.

You need to dry the buds first, the packs do take moisture out of the air as well as add it to get to the target RH but they are not nearly as efficient at removing moisture as they are at adding it. My last round I put in the cvaults about a day before the stems would snap and I needed to open them up a couple times a day for 10 min or so sometimes longer the first week or two to get them to finish drying out in a decent timeframe. Next time I am going wait till they snap before jarring them up.

I bought these a year ago there great if your just storing a personal stash but if you are pulling 10+ lbs every 54 days mason jars are the way to go. I'll sell some one a small one mid size and large for 50 you pay shipping. I do use the boveda packs in big tight vac containers that I cure hps in. So overall review a+ for your average consumer. A for your small time grower 2 plants. B- for people growing 15+

They are real slick looking but no need if you store your jars in a dark place and burp. A viewing Window would be a good addition for them as well. If I owned a dispensary and they had a nice viewing Window I would use them instead of jars

There great if you only have a small amount. Lbs= a non cost effective product. They are shiny though living things love shiny things lol

If your getting at least a Qp per plant like you should be there 3 or 4 container will not be enough. That's the problem. So 4-5 plants is at least 1lb you will only be able to cure maybe a Qp or so after hanging! But for your private premium stash they will be nice.

Well I guess you grow differently than I do cause I don't get a QP per plant..:thedoubletake:. I usually average a little over 2 zips dried and cured per girl so I think it will be fine and even if it isn't enough I still have my current jars that do work fine but I just like the idea of these I think and if I like them well enough I will just order another set as they are supposed to be stackable and IMO they are quite reasonably priced......:circle-of-love:

i love mine! for anything less than 1 lb

DSC_04303.JPG
I can't fit all this into 10 sets of cure vaults. I get at least a Qp per plant or more

holy snaps YO!!! holy snaps!

I agree they can seem limited, and for really large growers the smaller ones are kind of moot. But the mega-vaults hold a lot and would be my choice if I were growing large. I just like mine that much...and I only grow for myself.

:cool:

You deserved reps for the first photo, and more for the second. Great growing man:).just been told I need to spread it around before giving you more, so I'll be back
And put a smile on your dial, lol.

Back
Top Bottom