CA State ID Card?

Happy Kitty

What the heck is going on with this State ID card? The co-op I go to has a sign saying I can no longer enter without this card as of Jan.1.

Most people don't even know about this card. There are no clubs in Santa Clara County, yet I have to make an appointment at the County Health Department here to get this card. Then I have to wait as long as 30 days for them to make their "determination". I am in the county health system due to health reasons. It says I have to sign a consent form to get records from my doctor. First off, I have my recommendation, that should be enough. And I DO NOT want my doctors from the county health system to be contacted at all.

I believe every county in CA is to have this ID card system in place by Jan. 1 2007.Alot of counties have already done this, but some have not. See where I am going with this? The application also says participation is voluntary, but if I can't get into clubs without it, it's really not voluntary. It's damn confusing.

I now have my recommendation, my OCBC card, and now have to have this card. The club I go to this week, they not only wanted all this, but made us get a card for that club, also. I have filled out three forms for this club, and given much more info than I ever wanted to. Now I have to give even more information to the county. What happened to anonymity?

There has to be someone who knows more about this, or has gone through the application process.

Are there clubs that will not ask for this? There are clubs in counties that have no ID system in place.

I would really appreciate those of you who live in CA to comment on this.

So speak up California, what the heck is going on?:smokin:

Re: CA State ID Card -???????????

:hmmmm: Yeah, I think that will probably apply to all coop clinics this year...the clinic I go to accepts Dr. Rx along w/ ID or DL, but I haven't been to my clinic since New Years and I saw no postings in the clinic or personnel informing me of this "requirement"...however,
I have to renew my Rx by Jan. 12 and I plan on getting a photo ID from my Doc when I see 'em.:trance: :sasmokin:

Anymore info On this ? I went to 3 clubs back in March and none wanted anything more than my Ca. Drivers Lic and doctors recomendation.

Are we suppose to be registered with the county or state now?

Pirate

What the heck is going on with this State ID card? The co-op I go to has a sign saying I can no longer enter without this card as of Jan.1.

Most people don't even know about this card. There are no clubs in Santa Clara County, yet I have to make an appointment at the County Health Department here to get this card. Then I have to wait as long as 30 days for them to make their "determination". I am in the county health system due to health reasons. It says I have to sign a consent form to get records from my doctor. First off, I have my recommendation, that should be enough. And I DO NOT want my doctors from the county health system to be contacted at all.

The State mandated that each county set up their own system for the voluntary Medical Marijuana ID cards. Your OCBC card or your recommendation should suffice.

I believe every county in CA is to have this ID card system in place by Jan. 1 2007.

There was no date written into the State law and hence counties are dragging their feet or taking it to court.

Alot of counties have already done this, but some have not. See where I am going with this? The application also says participation is voluntary, but if I can't get into clubs without it, it's really not voluntary. It's damn confusing.

Participation is voluntary. Logistcally it is a bunch simpler for clubs to just deal with State MMJ ID cards than Dr recommendation.. the MCD's call, not the State's.

I now have my recommendation, my OCBC card, and now have to have this card. The club I go to this week, they not only wanted all this, but made us get a card for that club, also. I have filled out three forms for this club, and given much more info than I ever wanted to. Now I have to give even more information to the county. What happened to anonymity?

That is fucked up.. again the club. There is a club in Hayward that started this kind of shit.. I don't go there anymore. That's my choice. I have acces to a bunch of MCDs , so no sweat for me... others , it's a different matter.

There has to be someone who knows more about this, or has gone through the application process.

In Contra Costa County the process is simple. I did it but at the last minute opted out on the advice of an attorney. My Medicating buddy, C Howard got one pretty easily in Alameda County.

Are there clubs that will not ask for this? There are clubs in counties that have no ID system in place.

Plenty of clubs up here in the Bay Area.

I would really appreciate those of you who live in CA to comment on this.

So speak up California, what the heck is going on?:smokin:

Typical Government Bureaucracy.. that's what's going on. Change your MCDs if possible, keep your OCBC card, vape and mellow out. It's all good, it's California!

More reading... CA Pot Cards are Back!

Back
Top Bottom