Calcium?

Lcjean

420 Member
I think it’s calcium deficiency. If I add cal/mag, will it correct damaged leaf’s or do I need to cut those off?

IMG_1352.jpeg

IMG_1353.jpeg

IMG_1354.jpeg

I think it’s calcium deficiency. If I add cal/mag, will it correct damaged leaf’s or do I need to cut those off?

IMG_1352.jpeg

IMG_1353.jpeg

IMG_1354.jpeg
Good morning my friend hope you are doing well.
Your garden looks overwatered.
Is it soil or coco?
What are you feeding and how often?
Do not cut anything off.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I think it’s calcium deficiency.
Some of the spots do look like signs the plant needs calcium on a regular basis. Also looks like it needs a bit of Nitrogen and Potassium. The larger the plant gets the more it will need. If it is not transplanted to a much larger container of soil it will be up to the grower to supply the needed nutrients. Even then, if transplanted it is often best to be ready to supplement with regular feedings.

If I add cal/mag, will it correct damaged leaf’s or do I need to cut those off?
Adding the proper amounts of Nitrogen and Potassium will sometimes bring back a bit of the green color that has been lost from some of the leaves. But that is about it. The rest of the damage is permanent.

One of the reasons @Bill284 mentions to leave the damaged leaves on the plant is that they are still healthy enough that photosynthesis is taking place. Plus those leaves are still storing extra sucrose and plant nutrients. Eventually the plant will be done with them and the leaves will either fall off on their own or will drop off just by touching them.

Good morning my friend hope you are doing well.
Your garden looks overwatered.
Is it soil or coco?
What are you feeding and how often?
Do not cut anything off.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
At this stage I’m feeding it the fox farm 3, grow big, tiger bloom and big bloom.also discovered soil ph is 8. I made a worm casting tea but haven’t applied it yet. One comment said I’m overwatering, what do you think.

Plant looks over watered, but pH inconsistency can also have the same dramatic effect from what I've experienced. Always double, and triple check if you can. Not all meters are calibrated, nor calibrated correctly most of the time. I tossed in the nice charts. I have quite a few different charts to keep me a little more sane. Ph lock out is a battle for us all. It's about riding that median, staying in that little happy range.

Ed_Rosenthal_Nutrients_chart.jpg

leaf-warning-signs.png
4618b3419e50083d203afed2789668cf944618ad.jpeg
SoilTesting_Fig2.jpg
mulders-chart-positive-negative-plant-nutrient-interactions_2w.jpg

At this stage I’m feeding it the fox farm 3, grow big, tiger bloom and big bloom.also discovered soil ph is 8. I made a worm casting tea but haven’t applied it yet. One comment said I’m overwatering, what do you think.
How often do you feed?
Do you let the pot dry well In-between feeding?
I noticed a moisture tester in the soil.
They are notoriously inaccurate. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom